Status: Writing writing writing...

Home Could Be Anywhere When I Am Holding You.

Chapter 18;

Dan and I were sat in his room, sat on his laptop looking through tumblr.
“Dan…?” I questioned, unsure how to ask.
“Yeah?”
“You never fully explained what happened… between you and Carla.”
He closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose.
“How much do you know?”
“Only what Chris told me. She’s your ex and she cheated.”
He exhaled a deep breath, “This was a couple of years ago, we’d been together for 2 years. I’d just started the YouTube thing, and I was becoming more popular and getting a lot of female attention. She spoke to me, telling me she didn’t like it, but I didn’t pay any attention to it because I didn’t see why people liked me. I mean, come on, my videos were rubbish and don’t get me started on my hair. So one evening I was having a small gathering and she disappeared. I went upstairs and found her in bed with another guy,” he took a deep breath, composing himself. “He used to be my closest friend, before I met Phil, and he fucked my girlfriend. He completely screwed me over, Hannah, please don’t do that to me. I loved her.”
“I won’t. I promise.”
He smiled weakly, “Anyway, the other night, she was telling me how much she missed me, and that she wanted me back, and that I should break up with you because you weren’t good enough for me. Of course I said no, and you came back and punched her, which was thoroughly amusing, and I assume she just wanted to get back at you because she wants me back.”
“She seems like a pathetic little girl.”
“She is, but she can be a lovely person when she wants.”
“I’ll bet.”
“Is someone jealous?” He teased.
“Don’t tease me.” I hissed.
“Baby calm down, okay? I love you more than I loved her.”
“I’m not mad at you, you idiot. I’m mad at her.”
He chuckled, “You’re cute when you’re mad.”
He kissed me and I laid back on the bed, sighing. He laid next to me, wrapping an arm around my waist before kissing my cheek.

--

I’d spent most of the morning on the phone, trying to get a job transfer to nearer to Dan, so I didn’t have to keep leaving randomly and going home. I’d missed Louise; I always did when I was away from her. I was looking at flats near Dan too. I didn’t want to live with him; I had nothing against it, I just thought it was too soon. I hadn’t told him any of this, I wasn’t sure that I would get the transfer.
“Anything?” Louise asked me.
“Not yet,” I sighed, stretching. “I found a flat a couple of blocks away that’s in our budget but it’s a 1 bed.”
“So?”
“You don’t really want to share a room?
“No, but it’s better than nothing, and you’ll be at Dan’s most of the time anyway.”
I laughed, “Okay, I’ll see what I can do. I need to see if work will give me the transfer too.”
“Sure they will.”
“Depends on what the other stores have got. Like if they have appropriate hours for me and stuff.”
She sighed, “Being an adult sucks.”
“Tell me about it.”

--

“Dan…?”
“Yes, darling?”
“I have something to talk to you about.”
“And that is?”
“I got a job transfer… to here.”
“Oh.”
“I’ve found a flat for me and Louise too.”
“Oh.”
“Can you not say anything other than ‘oh’?”
“Oh,” he laughed. “Well, how come you’ve got a flat than live here?”
“I just thought it would be too soon, so I’ve got a place for us two but I figured we’d see each other all the time anyway.”
“Well nothing will change really will it? Except now I can see you whenever and you don’t have to go home.”
“That is not my home anymore. This is.”
He smiled and kissed me as we laid back on the bed, me encased in his arms.
“I love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't like the ending to this chapter. I'm sorry it sucks. I'm so uninspired.
Anyway.
<3