Status: Writing writing writing...

Home Could Be Anywhere When I Am Holding You.

Chapter 21;

“Happy Anniversary!” Dan yelled as he ran into the bedroom jumping on the bed like a child.
“Has it really been a year already?” I asked.
“Mh-hmm,” he nodded. “And tonight we’re going out for dinner and then I’m taking you somewhere for a surprise.”
I smiled, “that’s fine by me.”
“I have something for you.” He told me as he handed me a box.
I lifted the lid, smiling the whole time. I adored him so much. Inside the box was a necklace, with a small heart on it.
“Dan,” I gasped. “It’s beautiful.”
I kissed him softly.
“Now!” He told me bossily. “Get up and get dressed we have places to be. Get some clothes for tonight and to sleep in because you’re with us tonight, and I’m not taking no for an answer.”
“SHUT UP!” Louise yelled from her side of the room.
I’d put a curtain up so we could both have some privacy, and we were both very understanding that we both needed it. When Dan stayed over, I’d make sure that nothing happened in the bedroom, unless she was with Phil. Phil had practically adopted her now, they were together most of the time, apart from when she was at school. I found a respectable one for her, and she’d made some great friends. Whenever she wanted them over, I’d go to Dan’s and she’d have the apartment to herself. We both did our fair share of the cleaning, although I took care of the rent. I’d been promoted at work to a managerial position, and that covered all of our expenses and I’d saved enough that all four of us were going to stay with mine and Louise’s aunt in the south of France. It’d been a while since we’d seen her but we were going tomorrow evening. We’d spoken to our parents a few times, and were closer than we’d been since Tina died. Dad was now in therapy, dealing with her death rather than just blaming me and he was easier to talk to.
I sighed, “fine! Get a move on then, get off my bed and I’ll get everything.”
I got up, showered and dressed, packed my bag and found Dan lounging on the love seat.
“Ready?” He asked me.
“Yeah, I just need to talk to Lou first.”
He kissed me before I walked into the bedroom and flung open the curtain dividing the room.
“Lou! There’s a few things I need you to do today! You need to finish packing, eat, and just hoover the carpets please my darling. There’s dinner in the fridge for you, and I’m staying at Dan’s tonight, so if you want you can stay tonight too, or you can have a few friends over and I’ll see you tomorrow morning. Is that okay?”
She waved a hand at me and mumbled, “I’ll see you tonight.”
I chuckled as I left her and walked back to Dan. He grabbed my hand and pulled me from the apartment, waffling the whole time. I wasn’t really paying attention, just answering when I needed to. We soon got to the apartment, it was about a 10 minute walk, and all I could hear was Dan talking excitedly about going to France, and how Mexican he was going to look when we got back.
“Dan, you’re not going to look Mexican, you’ll be tanned, we’re only going for a week!” I laughed.
He pouted and I laughed before I kissed him.
“You’re very pouty today,” I giggled. “It’s cute.”
He stuck his bottom lip out further and I laughed even harder as I tried to walk up the stairs.
“Oh you think that’s funny?” He asked menacingly.
“Yes.” I gasped out trying to breathe again.
“Are you sure?”
“Yes.”
“RIGHT!” He yelled as he grabbed me by the waist and carried me up the rest of the stairs fireman style before dumping me on the bed and stared tickling me, knowing it was something I hated because I couldn’t do anything.
“DAN! DAN STOP IT! OH MY GOD!” I squealed.
He laughed as he released me and I jumped on him, pouting.
“Now look who’s pouty!” He commented, still laughing at me.
“You’re so mean!”
“I’m sorry,” he kissed me softly. “Better?”
“Much.” I told him as we cuddled up on the bed together.

--

“Ready to go?” Dan asked me as I smoothed my dress out for dinner.
“Yeah.” I smiled.
I got in the car and he directed me. It all seemed so familiar.
“And pull in here.” He told me.
I looked and it was the restaurant where we had our first date.
“Oh my god you’re the cheesiest person ever.” I laughed.
“Hey! I really liked the food!”
We walked in and we sat at the exact same table. My eyes went wide as I looked at Dan.
“You did all this, for me?” I gasped.
He nodded, “I love you, and that first date meant a lot to me, so I thought for our first year we’d go where we had our first date.”
“I love you so much.” I told him as he leaned over the table and kissed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
HERE IT IS. The first chapter in months and I hope you enjoy.
I might upload another one tomorrow, I'm really feeling write-y.
<3