Status: New story

Open Your Eyes

Prologue

“What do you mean you're leaving? Where are you going?"

Family was everything to me. I was always around them no matter what. Without them I wouldn't know what to do with my life. Family is blood and blood is thicker then water. They'll always come first. I told myself I would never let anyone get in between me and my family. I kept that promise until James came along.

When I met him I was sold. The curly blonde hair, the bright green eyes, and the tan skin. He looked like a model straight out of the Abercrombie ads. He was everything I wanted in a boyfriend and more. I was shocked when he was the one who asked me out on a date. He swept me off my feet and made me blind to the world around us.  

I shook my head. “I mean I'm leaving with James," I responded, staring at my younger cousin. “I can't tell you where I'm going. He made me promise not to tell."

My younger cousin by two months tensed at the name of my boyfriend. “That prick is why you're leaving? He's not good for you Lennon! How many times do I have to tell you that?"

I glare at him. “Don't say that Harry! I love him and he loves me, so don't act like you know what's good for me! You worry about your stupid X Factor auditions and forget about me!" 

At my words his face started turning red. “I don't know what's good for you?!" He bellowed. “I'm practically your twin! We grew up together for gods sake! If you think I'm going to forget about you when I audition you're damn stupid. Just because that stupid boyfriend of yours tells you all this shit is going to happen doesn't mean it is! What happened to blood is thicker then water?"

“People change, and I'm one of those people," I replied. I grabbed my bag from the entry way and opened the door, turning to look back at him. “Goodbye Harry."


That was two years ago. I hadn't had any contact with him or my other family members. James had made me cut all contact with them. At first I didn't mind because I loved him. After a while I got homesick and missed talking to everyone. Harry was like my twin, I hadn't gone a day without talking to him since we were little. I got phone call after phone call, text after text, email after email. They never stopped.

Slamming the door, I locked it and moved me and my daughter to a corner away from it. He was mad. He was always mad these days. The littlest thing ticked him off. 

Pounding on the door made me jump and Presley to start crying. I held her tighter to my body shushing her and singing a lullaby as tears cascaded down my cheeks. “Love me tender, Love me sweet, Never let me go. You have made my life complete, And I love you so--" My singing was cut off by the door bursting open. 

I cried harder and held her as tight as I could without hurting her. James charged at me, his green eyes ablaze. When he reached me he jerked her from my arms and threw her on the bed. She cried out in pain making me try and go to her, but he grabbed me by the throat and slammed me against the wall. 

“You're going to regret not listening to me love," he growled. I squirmed making his grip tighten. I started having trouble breathing. 

“Mummy," Presley whimpered. “Owie." 

“Shut up you little bitch!" He screamed at her. Seeing the look on her face was enough to give me the strength to knee James in the groin. Once he fell to the floor in pain I grabbed the thing nearest to me which happened to be a cable box, and brought it down on his head, successfully knocking him out. 

“Come on baby, let's get you to the hospital," I murmured, picking her up. It took us all of ten minutes to get to the hospital and when we did she was immediately taken back for xrays. Her arm was broken from when James jerked her away from me and threw her on the bed. It didn't take long for them to put a bright pink cast on it and give her pain meds. After that we were on our way to the airport.

“I'm sorry baby," I whispered kissing her hair. “I didn't mean for any of this to happen."

James was supposed to be my knight in shining armor. He was supposed to love me and our daughter unconditionally, no matter what. He wasn't supposed to treat us the way he did. He promised me he would never be one of those guys who hit their girlfriend. I believed him for a while, it was this last six months that made me change my mind. He was different. He was on something I could tell. I called him out on it just a mere hour ago and that's why he came after me. 

If I had only kept my loud mouth shut none of this would have happened.  

“Flight 247 to London Heathrow Airport now boarding. Flight 247 to London Heathrow Airport." 

I grabbed my carry-on, the pink diaper bag, and held my sleeping daughter in my arms. Once we were both boarded on the plane, I buckled her in the seat next to mine being careful of her casted arm and got a pillow for her from the flight attendent. I buckled myself up and checked my phone one last time before we took off. He left threatening texts. Loads of them. And they scared me.

You stupid cunt, you better get your fucking ass back here! NOW!

I'm going to murder you.

I swear to god if you don't answer me I'm going to come find you and make you wish you'd never left.


I ignored them and started a new one. It took me ten minutes to just get a few simple words typed out. I was beyond nervous.

I need Harry. 

Before I got a response we were informed to turn our phones off for take off, so I did. This wasn't what I wanted to happen. I didn't want to be running away for the second time in my life. And all because of the same person.
♠ ♠ ♠
My new Liam story! YAY! Baha. It will get better, I promise on my new Miss Me skinnies. :D Comments would be amazing. Subscribers would be amazing. You guys just reading this would be amazing. And please stick with me, like I said, it WILL get better. 

James Cromwell
Presley Cromwell