Status: New story

Open Your Eyes

New Daddy.

If you build the guts to do something, anything, then you better save enough to face the consequences.


"Next time you guys shag, could you maybe keep it down a bit?" Harry grumbled. "My room is right next to yours and I'd rather not hear my cousin and best mate going at it. I'm going to have nightmares now."

Oh my god. My face turned bright red as I turned to hide it in Liam's shoulder. If Paul and Preston hadn't of been outside watching Presley play in the yard I would've died of embarrassment. Liam's shoulders shook with laughter. Arse.

"I'll buy you some ear plugs," Liam teased.

Harry made a sound of disgust. "I don't think so. There won't be a next time. She's like my sister, mate. That just... That... No. That isn't cool. It isn't happening."

He may not like it, but there isn't anything he could do about it. It was going to happen whether he wanted it to or not. Liam and I were going to happen. We were going to happen.

We. There was an 'us'. We were a thing.

"Har," I started. He looked at me. "I love him and it's going to happen. You'll just have to get used to it."

His head snapped in our direction. "You what?"

"I love him," I answered simply.

"And I love her, too," Liam spoke up.

Harry's eyebrows shut up for a second, then they dropped as he started glaring. "You hurt her or Presley and I'll kill yeh. I mean it. Don't even think about it, yeah."

Oh god. Harry. Harry. Harry. I'm not stupid enough to get hurt twice. I learned my lesson the first time. I'm not going through that again.

"I wouldn't dream of it."

&&&

Harry and Liam had to leave today. It wasn't a good day for any of us. Presley didn't understand why we couldn't go with them or why they were leaving us. As much as I wanted them to stay here, I knew they had stuff to do that involved being international popstars and all that.

"Mummy, why they havva leave?"

A sigh escaped my lips. "Because they have to go back to work. We'll see them soon, love. Liam and Harry said they'd Skype us and all that good stuff."

A pout appeared on her adorable little face. "Okay, Mummy. But me miss dem."

"I know you do, love," I whispered, wrapping my arms around her. "I do too."

If I would have to change something in the past, I will change nothing because all the miseries and hard times I went through, they were such a valuable lesson of life that created the present joy I have. If James hadn't of treated me and Presley the way he had, we wouldn't be here today. I wouldn't have reconnected with my family. I wouldn't have met Liam. I wouldn't have found a new love. Presley wouldn't have met her grandpa and great aunt, the lads and Liam. Liam wouldn't have made us feel safe and neither would Harry. Without Liam, Presley wouldn't know what it felt like to have a father figure love you.

"Mummy, when will Daddy call us?"

My brows furrowed. "Your dad is in timeout, remember? He was being bad."

"Not old Daddy! New Daddy!" She exclaimed. "Miam is new Daddy!"

Liam is new Daddy? When did her little brain identify Liam being her new dad?

&&&

"So," I dragged out. "Pres might have possibly said something the other day that had to do with you."

Liam's eyebrows lifted as put his arms behind his head as he laid on our bed. "And what did she say?"

This was our first Skype call since he left three days ago. Him and the guys had band stuff to do and I understood that. It was his job and that's how he made a living. His work came before me. At least that's what I told him, but he always came back with 'You and Pres are more important.'

"We were talking after you and Harry left, and she called you her 'New Daddy'."

His face was nothing but shock. Oh god, I shouldn't have said anything. He's not ready for that. What eighteen almost nineteen year old guy wants to take on the roll of being a father to a child that isn't even his? James was her birth father and he didn't even want to be her dad. I quickly backtracked, stumbling over my own words. "You don't... This... Don't feel... You don't have to do anything. You don't have to take on the roll of her father. It's fine."

He was still silent. "I just thought I'd tell you. She's been dying to talk to you." I turned away from the laptop screen to holler at her. "Pres, come here! Liam's on the laptop!"

"New Daddy!!" She screamed from somewhere in the small cabin. At that second I happened to glance at the screen. It might have been the grainy screen because of bad quality, but I swear I saw his eyes sparkle. "Pauly, New Daddy's on the toptop! I be back!"

She came barreling in the room and catapulted herself up on the bed. "Hi new Daddy! Me miss you!" She waved excitedly

He cleared his throat, shooting her a grin and waving back. "Hey Babygirl! How are ya? I miss you too."

"I's good!" She chirped. "Mummy said we goes home soon."

His eyes shifted to me and I nodded, shrugging my shoulders too. It's better to tell her that then not tell her anything. "She is correct. And we'll have a party and everything. Does that sound good, yeah?"

Her face lit up and she started clapping excitedly. "Yay! Mummy, new Daddy said we haves a party!"

I grinned. "I heard."

"We haves cake-cakes and candy?"

"Duh! There will be massive amounts of cupcakes and candy," Liam replied. "Just for you! And guess what?"

"What?" She asked, slightly leaning toward the laptop screen. She looked so interested in what he had to say. Like what he was about to say was the most important thing ever. She looked up to him. It was amazing how well she took to him. "When you get back, I have a surprise for you and your Mum," he spoke.

Presley gasped. "A 'prise?!"

He nodded with a chuckle. "Mummy, he gots a 'prise for us!"

"I heard," I spoke. "Love, tell Liam bye. You have to go to bed."

Her face instantly fell as she pouted. "But Mummy."

"Presley, do as your Mum says." See. She listened to him. She said bye and night, then told him she loved him and jumped off the bed and toddled over to her bed in the corner. It was a camping cot, but with all the extra blankets on it, she was more then comfortable. She loved it though. She thought she was camping, so she was happy with it.

"Um, thanks for that," I spoke softly. "She's been a right mess since you left." I put my headphones in and leaned back against the headboard. Presley would be out in no time, but only if it was quiet. So the headphones were a must.

He chuckled. "Not a problem. I feel bad about leaving, so I want to help as much as I can."

"But you don't have too."

"She called me Daddy, Lennon." He sighed loudly. "She thinks of me as her father and the fact that I left you guys makes me feel like proper shit. You guys are family now."

That made my heart swell. But there was still the fact that he didn't have to do any of this. He didn't have to be okay with Presley calling him dad. He didn't have to treat her like his daughter. He didn't have to be with me. He didn't have to deal with any of my baggage. None of what he was doing was expected of him. He just did it. His mum and dad raised him well. I'd have to thank them next time I saw them. Even if his mum didn't like me.

"Li," I sighed. "You don't have to do any of this. You don't have to deal with this at all. None of this should be put on your shoulders."

He leaned back against the pillows on his bed and ran his hands over his buzzed head. "Lenny, I love you and Presley. You're my bird. Your problems are my problems now. I'm not going to let your arse of an ex do anything to you two."

"Thank you," I murmured. "I love you."

"Don't thank me. And I love you too."

&&&

"Mummy, I saw old Daddy!"

"What?" I asked quickly. "When? Where?"

She pointed out the kitchen windows that faced the woods. "Outs there. He waved at me."

My heart stopped. My mind went crazy. My body was in shock. Why did this have to happen? Why now? Why me? Why Presley? Why us?

"PAUL!" I screamed. "PAUL! HE FOUND US! HE'S HERE! PRESLEY JUST SAW HIM!"

Running away will never make you free of me. Bitch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Howdy! Sorry about the wait. I had major blockage on this story.

Go follow me on tumblr.