Status: New story

Open Your Eyes

Girls Day.

No matter the cause of the aching in my stomach, I did not want to be woken up. I wanted the aching in my stomach to go away and I wanted the pounding in my head to go away. 

With a groan, I rolled over and pulled my extra pillow to my chest, burying my head in my mattress while I was at it. It was warm which puzzled me but I didn't care at the moment. It smelt good too. But once again, I didn't care. I was only worried about going back to sleep and sleeping off my hangover. And yes, this is one of the worst hangovers I've had in a while.

"Where Mummy?"

Someone shushed her. "Be quiet, Leelee. Your Mum is sleeping." That was a deep voice. Who was that?

"No Hally, me want my Mummy."

Now it was Gemma talking. "Leelee, hon, let's go out and get some lunch. Are you hungry?" 

"Num num!" And then there was silence. Thank you Jesus.

++++++

By the time I woke up, it was the next day and I felt like total and complete crap. Not only because of the hangover that was still lingering but the fact that I hadn't seen my daughter in a day. She probably thought I left her. 

I got myself and Presley dressed before we both started on our walk. Today was our designated girls day. And since it was sunny and warm today, we decided to do a little shopping and walking around. My dad had given me one of his credit cards and told me to use it for whatever I needed. 

"Mummy, toys!" I shook my head. "You don't need toys right now, Pres. You and I both need clothes," I replied. 

She pouted and crossed her arms as best she could as I pushed her in the stroller. She's going to be a handful today, I can already tell. 

Halfway through our girls day I noticed about two or three people following us with cameras. Now it doesn't take a genius to know that they're paparazzi. I however, didn't understand why they were following me and my daughter. Presley didnt notice them and kept munching away on the bag of Cheetos I got her. Instead of making a scene I sped up a little and ducked into the nearest shop I could find. It just so happened to be a record store. 

"Excuse me, sir?" 

"Yeah?" The guy behind the counter was young. He looked to be in his early twenties and worked the casual style he had going on. Dark wash skinnies, plain grey shirt, maroon plaid shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and a beanie covering his brown locks. He had tattoos upon tattoos on his arms and peeking out above the collar of his shirt. 

"Do you happen to have a back room I could stay in for a while? There's some people following me and I don't want them to find me," I explained. He nodded, pointing to a door to the right of the counter. "Back there is my office."

"Thank you so much." I hurried back there and sat down in his desk chair. Glancing around, I took notice to the pictures of him and a toddler that looked to be around Presley's age. The kid looked like him. You could see it in certain facial expressions they both had. They were spitting images of each other. I'll take a wild guess and say that's his son. I didn't see any of a girlfriend or mother, so I'm assuming she's not in the picture. A picture on his desk of him and his son at a waterpark caught my eye. They looked beyond adorable.

Before I started snooping some more, I got my phone out and dialled Niall's number that I had recently acquired. Didn't even know I had it until this morning when I woke up with a text from him asking if I was still alive. 

"Lenny, my love, my drinking buddy; how are you?!" He answered loudly. Not helping the slight headache I still had lingering, Niall. "Niall, don't be so loud. My head is still pounding," I replied. 

His deep chuckle met my ears. "Sorry. What'd you call me for?"

I sighed, messing with the end of my button up. "I, uh, we're in this record store hiding out because of paparazzi. They followed us for the last hour and a half." 

"Where are you? Are you and Leelee okay?"

"We're fine. I just don't want them to scare Pres again," I replied. "The store is called Sound Waves. I don't know what street it's on though."

"I know where that is. I'll be there in five minutes. Don't move." And with that said, he hung up. I handed Presley her cup of juice and told her to stay put before making my way back out to the front. I stuck my head out the door to see the guy leaning on the counter as the Deftones played in the background. "Um, sir?"

He looked up with a grin. "Jack. Call me, Jack."

I grinned back. "Well Jack, I called my friend and he's coming to get me. Does this place by chance happen to have a backdoor?"

"Yeah. Straight past my office. He can meet you around back if that's easier." He nodded. I sighed in relief. "Oh thank you. You're being such a huge help. I owe you, big time."

"My mum always told me to help a woman in need," he said. "Give her my thanks next time you see her," I said, then headed back to Presley. I texted Niall, telling him to meet me around back instead of out front. He didn't reply but I didn't expect him too seeing as he was driving. A few minutes later I got a text from Niall saying they were waiting out back. They? Who the hell did he bring? He said he was coming, not anyone else. 

"My rides here," I informed Jack. "Thanks for letting us hide out back here."

"No problem, love. See ya later." Presley shyly waved while I bid him good bye and headed out the backdoor. There his black Range Rover sat, idling. As soon as I stepped out the door, the passanger door was opened and out stepped Liam. Really? He brought Liam? I haven't seen him since the other night at the club. I don't even remember anything after drinking with Niall. I had no clue how I got home either.

"What're you doing here?" I asked. I didn't mean to sound rude, I swear, but it just happened. His face fell a little, but he tried to hide it. "I was with Niall and heard you guys on the phone. I wanted to make sure you were okay."

I sighed, taking Presley out of the stroller. "Well we're fine. Jack was kind enough to let us hide out in his office." He folded up the stroller and stored it in the boot of the car with all my shopping bags, before climbing back in the front seat. Presley tried to put on her seatbelt but her casted arm caused her trouble so I did it.  

"Hi Miam!" She exclaimed with a huge dimpled grin on her face. "Hi Nene!" They both looked back at her with huge grins on their faces. A grin appeared on my face. 

She could turn anyones whole day around with just a few simple words. And that was one of the reasons I loved her.

++++++

You honestly think you can run from me? I own you, bitch.

I'll find you. And when I do, you'll wish you'd never been fucking born.

So you ran to good old Harry, yeah? I figured that's where you went. You chose the wrong person to save ya, love. Those paparazzi watch him like hawks.

Flip through a magazine and what do I see, but your slag of a self with another guy and MY daughter! 

When I get to London I'm going to beat the living shit out of you and get full custody of my fucking daughter. Your stupid little cousin and boyfriend won't be able to save you.


James knew where I was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. I swear on my Vans that the next update will be better.