Status: New story

Open Your Eyes

Family.

"How does your arm feel, babygirl?"

Presley had gotten her cast off today. She was more then excited. And so was I. That thing was starting to smell.

Liam had brought us to her doctor. It was hard to ignore the paparazzi but I managed. Liam had been acting weird lately too. Ever since I told him about James. He was always by me and Presley. He never let us leave his sight. He was calling me babe. Liam fucking Payne was calling me babe.

"Stinky!" She spoke, holding her nose. Now that was adorable.

Liam chuckled. "Well let's go home and give that stinky arm a good washing, yeah?"

She nodded and leapt into his arms. I had never seen her act this way around a guy. She was never so lovey dovey. Never so hands-on I guess. James had her scared for her life. Hell, he had me scared for my life. He wasn't someone you looked to for love. If he didn't give it, you weren't supposed to either. What he said went. It was his way or the highway.

"I was thinking we could go home and clean her up, then spend the rest of the day in watching movies," he suggested. I nodded and said, "Yeah, sounds great."

He grinned, then looked at the quiet child in his arms. "How does a movie date sound with me and your mum?"

She nodded her head resembling a bobble head and had a huge smile on her face. That smile had been on her face since we got here. And it was all because of the lads.

&&&

This reminded me of when me, my mum, and my dad used to have family days. We would watch movies, pig out, and be lazy. It was just us. No one else.

We were acting like a family. I didn't want to say anything to Liam though. I didn't know what would set him off or if it would make it awkward. So I didn't say anything. I did what I did best and kept my mouth shut.

"Mummy, me hungy," Presley spoke softly. Liam was fast asleep on the floor on the little pallet we had made. I was laying on his left side and Presley was laying on his right. He had an arm around each of us. Her newly cast free arm let her do as she pleased now. It left her a very happy toddler. With Liam's arms around us it was hard to get up without waking him up, but we managed.

"What do you want babygirl?"

She thought for a minute before smiling. "Hally's hitas!" Harry's fajitas. At seven at night. Great. "How about I make you some fajitas? They'll be just as good," I suggested.

She shook her head and stomped her foot. "Me want Hally's! Me want Hally's!" She shouted, crossing her arms and throwing a fit. I shushed her. "Hush up or you'll wake Liam. I'll call Harry." I got my phone out of my pocket and dialed his number.

"Hey Lenna, what's up?" He answered.

I sighed. "Hey. I know you're probably busy but Pres wants some of your fajitas and she won't quit throwing a fit until you come make them. So could you please? Pretty please," I begged.

He laughed. "I was actually headed that way to see if you lot wanted to go to Nandos. But I'll make them for her.

"Thank you so much, Har." He was a life saver. "See ya in a bit."

"No problem, love. See ya." I hung up and looked down at the pouting child. "He's on his way over."

&&&&

"So whatcha been doing with Liam? Like living here?" Not so subtle Harry. Checking to see if I've shagged him yet. Typical overprotective Harry for ya.

"I'm not shagging him if that's what you're wondering," I replied. His head shot up to meet mine and small ref blotches appeared on his cheeks. "That's not... Iā€”" He stuttered.

"Calm your tits, Har. You don't need to be so protective of me."

He shook his head. "But I do," he said. "I can't lose you again. I'm your cousin, practically your brother, and I love you. I'm not going to let anything happen to you anymore. And neither is Liam. Or the other lads."

That got to me. It hit me right in the feels. My eyes watered making me paw at them. "Thank you," I murmured. I walked around the island in the kitchen and hugged him. "I missed you Harry. And I'm sorry for what I put you through."

"Quit apologizing, Lennon. I forgave you a while ago. I could never stay mad at you long." He let out a low chuckle. "'Member when you broke my army man? I was mad at you for like, two hours and then you gave me your favorite movie, and everything was all better."

I chuckled, but still shook my head. "But this is different. I didn't break your army man; I ran away with my boyfriend to another country and cut all ties with you. I had a kid and didn't tell you. I left you when you needed me to support you on the XFactor. I feel like proper shit. I'm a shit big cousin."

"No you aren't," he mumbled into my hair. "You're the best big cousin anyone could ask for."

Whatever helped him sleep at night. I still felt like a shit cousin. Instead of saying anything, I kept my mouth shut and let him go.

"Um, thanks for coming and fixing Pres dinner." I pushed some hair behind my ear as I glanced into the living room. There she was all cuddled up to Liam on the pallet and they were both asleep. It was adorable. I couldn't mess up what was going on. James couldn't mess this up.

"You look like a family, you know." Harry's low rumble of a voice scared me. I jumped a little and turned to stare at him with wide eyes. "Excuse me?"

He pointed to them and then to me. "You look like a perfect little family. Like you and your parents used to be."

&&&

Family isn't always blood. It's the people in life who want you in theirs; the ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what.

Family was a big thing to me. That's why it was hard for me to leave with James. My dad, Gemma, Harry, my Aunt Anne, Uncle Robin, Presley, and the lads meant everything to me. Liam meant everything to me. He kept me safe. He made me feel protected. He made me feel loved.

"Babe?"

"In my bedroom." Presley was somewhere in the flat doing god knows what. I was in the spare bedroom picking up toys, dirty clothes, and folding clean clothes. It was a mess.

Liam appeared in the doorway and when he saw my situation, he started picking up clothes. The floor had literally disappeared. I either stepped on toys or clothes. Presley needed her own room. And quick.

"Presley is a typical girl," Liam chuckled. I agreed with a nod. "She's worse then me. All this crap is hers."

"Maybe she needs her own room."

I nodded again. "She does."

He cleared his throat making me look up. He looked a little nervous. "I was thinking that maybe... uh, maybe you could start sleeping in my room," he tripped over his own words. "With me."

"What?"

He blushed. "You don't ā€”"

"Don't get all nervous." I chuckled. "I'll take you up on that offer."

Next thing he did shocked me. He came over and kissed me. Woah Nelly. His lips are touching mine. His soft as silk lips are touching mine. Liam Payne is kissing me.

Liam fucking Payne is kissing me right fucking now. Holy balls.
♠ ♠ ♠
An update from me...FINALLY.