Status: New story

Open Your Eyes

Us.

What we had
have
or will have

I don’t know which tense to use

What we had
have
or will have

Can’t be written down
not in a few simple words


You know how you get that feeling when someone is staring at you? When it feels like there's two holes being burnt into your skin? I felt like that right now. I woke up feeling that way. And someone was staring at me, and that someone was Liam James Payne.

"Why are you staring at me?" I grumbled. "It's creepy."

You could tell sometimes that the way he looked at me that he wanted to bring being a couple up. He had ever since I started sleeping in his room. We would steal kisses every now and then, and the odd makeout session here and there. It was weird to be honest. Jumping into whatever this was that we had, not long after the whole James ordeal. I didn't think I'd want a guy to touch me or be near me ever again. But here we were, sleeping in the same bed, kissing and making out. The world works in mysterious ways. It really does.

Without a word, he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. I was shocked, but kissed him back nonetheless. Kissing him was amazing. Even when I'm half asleep it still sent jolts throughout my body. As his lips massaged mine, he maneuvered to where he was straddling me with his legs on either side of mine. My hands traveled down his neck to rest on his bare chest. God, did I love his chest. It was so tan and toned and just gorgeous.

When I ran my hands down his chest to rest on the waistband of his boxers, he moved his lips down to my jaw, then to my neck. He went straight to the spot right below my ear and started sucking, emitting a loud moan from my lips. As soon as he heard the moan, he grinned against my skin. And then pulled away, falling to the empty spot beside me. What? He must have noticed the look on my face because he grinned, pulling me into his side.

"I don't want to rush things," he mumbled against my neck. "When you're ready we'll take it to the next level."

Why does he have to be so god damn polite?

"I want to take you on a trip in a few days," he spoke. "Just me and you. Sound good?"

I nodded with a sigh. "Sounds good."

His politeness will be the death of me. But I love it. How can you not?

&&&

"Niall, for the hundredth time," I snapped. "You aren't going to die."

"But what if I do?" He asked. "I'll come back and haunt your kitchen cabinets! That'll be payback for poisoning me!"

"I didn't fucking poison you!"

I swear to god, he hasn't shut up since he ate those stupid crisps. And that was yesterday. I can't even change the channel on the telly without him whining about wanting to watch it before he dies.

"Lenna?" Harry hollered. And here he comes! To save the day! "You better come get your annoying friend and take him somewhere where I can't get my hands on him because if I do, I'll really kill him," I exclaimed.

Niall scoffed, looking at me with a disgusted face. Right when I went to throw my shoe at him, Harry walked in the living room. "Make him leave," I demanded.

Harry sighed with a shake of his head. "Go home, Niall." Niall of course huffed and puffed as he got up and left. I figured it would take more to make him leave, but to my surprise it didn't. I like to think it was because he was scared of me.

Harry and I sat on the couches watching an old episode of Friends, in silence. It was nice. It reminded me of before I left. We would sit in my room or his room and just watch Friends for hours. He liked to joke and say I was Monica and he was Ross. I'm not OCD like Monica, but I do have the tendency to deep clean every now and then. Now he did have corny jokes like Ross and was kind of awkward at times, but it made him who he was. And that's why I loved the little wanker.

"Hey Har," I spoke softly. "Can I tell you something?" I figured now would be a good time as any. Liam wasn't here and even if we had been sharing a room and bed for the last few days, that still didn't mean I was ready to tell him anything and everything about me. He nodded, turning his attention on me.

"Remember when you and Liam took me to the doctor?" He nodded so I continued. "I, uh...it was to see my baby. I was pregnant."

His face was unreadable. He normally held his emotions in his eyes. I couldn't tell anything from his eyes. He was basically a loose cannon. Me telling him I was pregnant with another one of James' kids could probably set him off. It depended all on him and his mood.

"Is it James'?" He questioned. I nodded making him clench his jaw. "I lost the baby," I mumbled, looking down at my hands. "I had a miscarriage."

"Lenna," he whispered. Tears sprung in my eyes as he came over and sat down beside me, wrapping his arms around me. "I'm sorry."

I waved it off. "As much as I hate to say it, it was for the better. I didn't need another kid with that...that monster."

"Don't keep that kind of stuff from me, okay? I'm your best friend and your brother. I'll always be here for you. You don't have to keep that from everybody," he spoke softly. He thought I'd kept it from everybody. I sighed, wiping at my eyes. "Gemma is the only one who knows," I murmured. "She's the one who took me to the doctor for the operation."

He squeezed me tighter. "If I ever see that god damn wanker, I'll best the shit out of him. And if he ever comes near you or Pres, I'll kill him. I promise, Lennon." I grinned at that. He really did care about me and still love me. "Thanks Harry. Love you, you slag."

"Love you too, you slag."

&&&

A trip. Liam was taking me on a trip. Somewhere that I didn't know. And I'm not sure what to think about it. We'd been driving for about two and a half hours and it wasn't a boring drive. We sang along to the radio, made small talk, and even played the cliche car game, I Spy.

(Hoooo)

(Aye yeah love letter)

(Hoooo)

I'm gonna write what I want you to do to me in a letter
(Aye yeah)
I'm gonna write it for good or for bad or for worse or for better
(Aye yeah love letter)
I'm gonna write it for you so that you can be my lover
(Be my lover - Oooooh)
'Cause when it is yours I am yours baby now and forever
(Aye yeah love letter)

Oooh, (be my lover) won't you help me get out
(Be my lover love letter)
Oooh, won't you help me get out of...my head

My roommates light is on but you can forget her
(Aye yeah love)
'Cause tonight is the time that we've known each other better
(Aye yeah, love letter)
I'm gonna write what I want you to do to me in a letter
(Be my lover Oooh)
I'm gonna walk through the sky until I find a feather
(Aye yeah, love letter)

Oooh, (be my lover) won't you help me get out
(Be my lover love letter)
Oooh, won't you help me get out of...my head

(I'm gonna write you a letter)
Oooh, Baby
(For good or for bad or for better)
Please believe me darling
(Darlin' I'm yours once you've read it)
I'm yours
(Never ever forget it)

Oooh, I'm gonna write you a letter for good or for bad or for better
When it is yours I am yours baby now and forever
(Aye yeah, love letter)

Oooh, (be my lover) won't you help me get out
(Be my lover love letter)
Oooh, won't you help me get out of...my head

Darlin' I'm yours once you've read it
Never ever forget it
For good or for bad or for better

I'm gonna write you a love letter


As soon as the song finished, we pulled into a driveway. Of a house. In Wolverhampton. My brows furrowed making Liam chuckle. "It's my Mums house. She's been wanting to meet you," he explained.

HIS MUMS HOUSE?! My face must have read nothing but shock and horror because he grabbed my hand over the console, lacing our fingers together. "Calm down, babe. She's the nicest person you'll ever meet. Besides, it's not like you're meeting the Queen," he spoke off-handedly.

"I might as well be!" I shrieked. "I'm meeting your mum for Christs sake! What if she doesn't like me? What if she thinks I'm not good enough for you? What if she thinks I'm a slag for having a kid so young? What if, if she ever meets Presley that she doesn't like her? I can't have your Mum not like my daughter!"

He silenced me with a kiss. Right on the lips. I didn't mind it. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Before we got too carried away, I pulled away and rested my forehead against his causing my hat to call off. "Why'd you do that?" He asked in a murmur. His large hand came up and pushed some hair behind my ear, then cupped my face. "Your Mum could be watching," I murmured back. "I don't need to give her another reason to hate me."

He barked out a laugh. "She doesn't hate you! She hasn't even met you!"

"Well!" I shouted. "Sue me for being nervous about meeting my boyfriends, mum!"

I just called him my boyfriend. That's basically what we were, but we hadn't actually put a label on us. No one but Gemma and us knew. If Harry knew, he'd probably kill me and Liam. Louis and Niall had big mouths so we hadn't told then for obvious reason. And Zayn, well we didn't want to drag him into it either. Who knows who Harry would take his anger out on. But Jesus... I called him my boyfriend. And now I'm blushing.

"You just called me your boyfriend." He smirked. "Do you want me to be your boyfriend?" I turned my cherry red face to look out the window. When I didn't say anything, he spoke up. "I want to be your boyfriend."

My head snapped in his direction. "You do?" He nodded. I grinned, leaning over to peck his lips. "I do too."

What he had
have
or will have

Is something only we may know
whether it’s fiction
or just lovesick hell

What he had
have
or will have

Will someday be our story to tell.
♠ ♠ ♠
I updated again!! Leave me some love! The poem is from a friend of mine who was nice enough to let me use it and she is known as the lovely lion eyes and the poem is called 'Us'.