Status: Updates every Friday (hopefully) leave me a comment telling me what you think! <3

Deducing Tragedy Part One: See No Evil

Cause and Effect

I heard John suddenly run to the door, grabbing his coat and knocking over my walking stick in the process. He hastily picked it up before running into the hall and down the stairs. With a smirk I turned back to Lestrade. “Before you speak, would you mind getting the kettle? John forgot about it in his haste”

“The kettle?” he asked just as it went off. Five minutes to boil exactly, I was really getting too good at this game. He pulled it off the stove and set it aside to cool before returning to take Johns seat.

“so” I said as he sat down. “you’re here”

“and you know exactly what for”

“I have a guess” I mused. “a text from the dead”

“yes”

“Or an imposter” I reasoned. “But you already thought about that”

“An imposter… is the reasonable assumption” he said, his voice rough with stress.

“And yet here you are”

He sighed, leaning forward to rest his head in his hands. “Am I crazy? Is this an imposter?”

“You know the answer to that Lestrade” I scoffed turning away from him.

“But it’s impossible!” he shouted standing up suddenly. “He’s dead! I saw the body!”

“As did his brother, as did john- who also saw him jump, I might add- my sister also saw the body, so did your partner and Anderson” I said in a soft voice, so I didn’t agitate him. “And yet he lives”

“That can’t be” however firm his words were his tone was so weak that not even a child would believe him.

“Sherlock Holmes” I said standing up and walking carefully over to the fire place. “A brilliant man, a mind like a computer. The kind that only comes around once in a generation-“

“-He can’t be-“

“And yet he is” I said firmly. “Do you really think a mind like his couldn’t find a way out of whatever impossible trap Moriarty put him in? Sherlock is alive, and he’s not entirely happy that you’ve come to me for help”

When he spoke again it was in defeat, “what makes you say that?”

“He sent me a text like he did you and John” I said pulling my phone from my pocket and removing the ear buds.

“What is that?” he asked.

“My phone” I said. “Because I'm blind I can’t read text messages so it reads them too me” I hit the button on the side

One saved message, the phone shouted out of its speaker. The blind cannot observe or deduce. You are in over your head….. –SH

Lestrade was quiet for a moment. “He sent that to you?”

“No I wrote it myself” I rolled my eyes.

“The sarcasm is a little much don’t you think?” he asked bitterly. “What happened to you Hanna? You were so-“

“That was before” I cut him off. “Before you ruined everything”

“That wasn’t my fault!” he shouted. “I did everything-“

“NOT everything” I corrected him. “Everything is what you do now; you call on help because you know you are hopelessly lost! Before…. Before you were arrogant and thought you knew better than Sherlock. You refused to call him and I lost my sight! So don’t tell me you tired everything Lestrade because we both know that you didn’t.”