Status: for the fun of it

Always There

Knocking on Death's Door

How did it come to this?

Her mind was still reeling for the piercing sounds of a gunshot. The voices were muffled above her as tears pricked her eyes, what was going on? Why were people panicking? She didn’t know what was really going on and her mind hasn’t really registered anything. What she did remember was her loving yet asshole boyfriend, Jensen.

A soft choked breath tumbled out of her lips as she thought of his golden brown hair, his vibrant green orbs that looked at her so lovingly. The only man that truly ever looked right at her and not right through her. Guilt ran through her veins as she remembered the debacle that she had with Jensen.

Storming into the house, she gritted her teeth. That was the last straw. She couldn’t deal with his petty little habits of parking in the middle of the garage instead of parking it to the side like a normal fucking being. It didn’t start with the parking, but it built up over time and now she was just sick of everything he did wrong. Slamming the door of the closet, she heard a shout from above her. “Callie! Stop slamming the fucking doors!”

Callie turned around and narrowed her eyes at the poor excuse of a man. “Me stopping slamming the doors? How about you stop parking in the middle of the God damn garage!”

Jensen groaned in protest, he rubbed his eyes profusely. “Are you fucking kidding me right now? You really going to reprimand me for parking in the middle of the garage?”

“Yes. Yes I am!” She seethed. “You didn’t have an ounce of decency to park on your side so I have room to park my car in the garage, but you being the selfish prick that you are, I never do. There is never room for me. Never!” Jensen and Callie glared at one another. This was something far deeper than parking arrangements. Callie felt heated as she watched her boyfriend take a few steps towards her.

Naturally she took a few steps back. Waiting for the screaming to continue, she heard Jensen in a soft whisper. “Are you really going to punish me of what happened three years ago? I thought we were over this, Cal?”

Her thin lips formed into a firm line, “I guess I’m not.” She muttered. Callie had dealt with so much pain in the past that she couldn’t handle but bring it to the future. Just imagining that skank in her house on their bed made her sick, all the anger continued to bubble even more before she muttered darkly, “Once a cheater. Always a cheater.”

Turning on her heel, she stomped out of the house with Jensen calling out her name. She needed some fresh air and staying here with the backstabbing bastard wasn’t going to make her feel better. Callie once again needed to have someone remind her of why she was still with him. Why she still loved him after what he has done to her and why her heart kept skipping a beat whenever he was around despite her anger.


It all came crashing down as the memory started to fade away from her memory. A single tear trickled down her eye as she looked around hoping that Jensen was there to hold her. Here she was, left in the dark, cold, bitter world without someone there to comfort her. Not the right person.

Callie couldn’t feel the pool of blood surrounding her small body as the few holes in her abdomen continued to bleed out. There was a person above her, what were they saying? Her eyes caught the pair of lips forming words, but nothing was registering in her brain. That man’s lips looks a little bit like Jensen’s. Sorrow swallowed her body as her lips quivered, aching for Jensen to come to her rescue.

She knew why she loved him so much.

Jensen was the only one that was always there for her. Through thick and thin, he was always there.

With that final thought, her vision became blurry and was easily consumed by the darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
A very short one-shot just for the hell of it.