Status: Rating might go up

Matters of the Heart

Patience

Shannon sighed heavily, playing with his drumsticks in boredom waiting on his wife to come down. He was patient to a certain extent.

She passed the fifteen minutes.

Fifteen minutes he has been sitting on the couch, dressed and ready to go and she wasn't ready.

Picking himself up from the couch, he rounded the corner and yelled up the stairs, "Let's go Rory! We don't have all night!"

"Wait a few more minutes!"

Shannon dabbled with his drumsticks for a bit as he counted the few minutes on his watch. Once the time was up, he called her again. "Rory!"

"Have some fucking patience!"

"I would if you got down here already! Your beautiful in whatever you have on! Just get down here!"

"Wow. That sounds like you really meant it. I feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside." Shannon rolled her eyes before he paced back and forth. If he walked up those stairs he was risking having shoes and other things being thrown at him.

He rather not show up bleeding at the dinner party, so he did what always seems to work.

Placing the drumsticks in both hands, he started a beat on the railing. He continued to hang on the railing, walls, door, anything he can reach until he heard the heavenly sound of heels clicking on the floor.

His beautiful wife walking down, grumbling as Shannon continued to hit the railing.

Slapping his upper arm, Rory glared. "Your such a fucking child."

Shannon grinned widely, "You look beautiful." Pressing a tender kiss on her lips knowing she spent hours on her makeup and escorted her out the door.