Status: Rating might go up

Matters of the Heart

Not Ready

"What I wouldn't do to that man." Adrienne nibbled on the pencil she had in her grasp.

Her friend rolled her eyes, taking the pencil from Adrienne's mouth. "You always say that and yet you haven't made a move."

She scoffed at her friend calling her out, "It takes time to catch someone as fine as that." When words of doubt came out of her friend's mouth, she snapped her fingers. "Continue working on my hair. I don't need your negative energy entering me."

The hairstylist couldn't help, but answer, "That is the only thing that has entered you in months."

A gasp fell out of Adrienne's lips in fake shock, "How dare you say something like that?! I had sex in these last couple of months...when I was dreaming."

People around them laughed at the playful banter and soon after Adrienne was released. Her friend pushed her towards the man she has been ogling for the past month. Adrienne's nerves started to get a hold of her when she inched closer to him.

Colin could see Adrienne slowly stepping towards him like a cautious animal.

"Hi."

When Adrienne heard those words, she looked into his eyes in question. Stupidly, she pointed to herself. "You talking to me?"

Colin smirked, "I don't see anyone else in front of me."

She swore her heart stopped for a second and before she knew it, she was speed walking the other way.

Guess she wasn't ready.