Status: Active

The Stones On Your Window

Three

By the time the Conrads began to rush to the tall boy, he had been joined by another male. Sophia hurried along behind her father, keeping her eyes on the strangers. She could tell they were bickering, but she couldn't make out what they were saying. The red headed boy turned his head, catching a glimpse of them approaching the scene. He tapped his friend on the shoulder, nudged his head in their direction and said something to the taller boy, which caused him to turn around.

"I am so sorry!" The brunette boy choked out once Dean Conrad had stopped in front of him. Sophia couldn't stop her eyes from travelling over his body. His feet were clad in old, worn boots which peeked out from under a pair of dark skinny jeans that were ripped at the knee. A low cut white v-neck hung from his skinny frame, exposing black markings on his chest. His eyes were wide with fear and his cheeks tinged pink.

"Are you okay, son? Your head's bleeding pretty bad." Sophia's eyes, along with the boys hand, travelled to his forehead, where there was a deep gash.

"Don't worry about this right now." Mr Conrad waved his hand towards the wall, "you should get this looked at." He gripped the boy's shoulder and pushed him towards the house without another word with Sophia, Amelia and the red head trailing behind silently.

--

The dark haired boy winced as Delia wiped the blood from his head. He was sat in a chair in Mr Conrad's office with his friend sitting to his left. Sophia leaned against the door frame, half listening to the conversation in the office and half listening to the conversation her father was having on the phone down the hall.

"Oh honey! That crash has torn your pants too! You want me to stitch them?" Sophia giggled loudly at Delia, causing the 3 sets of eyes to look her way. The red head began snickering quietly as another blush rose onto the face of the taller boy.

"No, that's okay." He replied quickly.

By the time the cut on the boys head had been cleaned, Mr Conrad had entered the room. He shuffled some papers on his desk before glancing up at the young boys in front of him. Sophia stayed leaning against the door frame whilst Delia bustled around the room, dusting and polishing items, both females eager to hear what Dean Conrad had to say.

"That's a pretty big hole your truck left in that wall." He stated. Sophia could see that both boys were nervous. The red head's brow was covered in sweat and the brunette chewed on his bottom lip.

"Uh," the taller boy cleared his throat, "we'd be willing to pay for the damage we caused."

Dean nodded his head. "You know how much that would cost?"

Both boys stated blankly at the older man.

"I'd say $9000, maybe even $10,000."

"What?!" Both boys exclaimed loudly. "For some bricks and cement?! That's insane!"

Sophia watched as her father shrugged. "It was an expensive wall, best of the best."

"I'm sorry sir, but we don't have that kinda money." The red head said, pointing between himself and his friend.

"Then how do you suppose we sort this mess?" Silence fell over the room.

"I have an idea," all eyes travelled to Delia, who stood by the window. "With all of your other staff taking the summer off, I could sure use some help around here with the cleaning, cooking and some other little jobs that need done. These young gentlemen seem perfect for the job."

Sophia could see the cogs turning in her dads head. "How about that? You two work here for the summer in return for destroying a piece of my property since you can't pay for it."

The dark haired boy frowned and folded his arms over his chest, whilst his ginger friend's face lit up. "I'd rather pay the money." He grumbled, earning him an elbow to the ribs.

"Absolutely sir," the red head held his hand out to Dean, "thank you so much for this!"

Dean shook the young boys hand and glanced at the other boy, who reluctantly shook his hand. "Great! Now you'll need to fill out a little form, I need your details incase anything happens to you here, just a little something I have all my staff do."

Sophia shuffled forward into the room slightly as her father squeezed past her, exiting the room. She kept her eyes on the two boys, watching silently as they spoke quietly between them.

"I don't wanna work here for the whole fucking summer, Jared. Thanks for that." 'Jared' rolled his eyes.

"Come on man, you know we need the money we have for the new record. I bet it won't even be that bad."

Sophia's brow furrowed. Record? These guys didn't look like musicians to her. Before she could ask them about it, her dad returned to the room and patted her shoulder. "Your sister is looking for you, sweetheart. Needs an opinion on something."

Sophia nodded and stepped out of the room, stealing one last glance at the boys before disappearing down the hall.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! I know this took a while but I changed a lot of things on the original plan I had for this story, which took some time! I also know this is short, which I apologize for!

Also, I apologize if this looks weird or if there are any errors etc, I posted this from my phone!

Please comment and let me know what you think! :)