Status: Active

The Stones On Your Window

Four

"What the hell are you doing?" Sophia questioned as she stepped into her sisters closet. Dresses of different lengths, materials and colors were strewn across the floor.

"Oh, good you're here!" Amelia replied over her shoulder as she sifted through some dresses hanging on a rack. "Help me pick a dress!"

Sophia felt her brow furrow. "Why?"

"Don't tell me you forgot!" Amelia exclaimed, turning around with a dress in each hand, "me, you and mom are having lunch with Caroline Parker and her gorgeous sons!"

Sophia groaned as she remembered her mother telling her about the occasion. The Conrad sisters would meet the Parker brothers and they would hit it off. Ever since the four were children, their mothers would talk about how they would meet and pair off, Sophia with Matthew and Amelia with Daniel, and some day get married. Of course, the girls had never made a big deal out of this, as children they had been taught that they live a very privileged life and should never disagree with the decisions that were made for them, who were they to go against their mothers wishes? She knew what was best for them,

"So, which dress?" Amelia asked, interrupting her sisters thoughts.

"That one." She mumbled, pointing to a short, white dress that was covered in pink flowers, with a hot pink belt wrapped around the waist. Amelia studied the dress for a moment before hanging her other dress on the rack.

"Are you nervous?" Sophia asked her sister as she left the closet, plopping down on the bed.

"Not really," Amelia followed her out and flickered off the light, "Why? Are you?"

Sophia shrugged. "I guess. I mean, these are the guys we'll probably end up with for the rest of our lives, doesn't that scare you? We don't know anything about them! What if we don't like them?"

"Look, they're obviously good guys if they have moms approval. Don't worry your pretty little head about it! Now go get ready, we're meeting her in an hour and she'll kill us if we're late."

Sophia nodded her head, Amelia was right. Their mother was a tough woman to impress, but whenever she spoke of Matthew or Daniel, she was full of praise for them. As she wandered down the hall to her room she couldn't help but picture what her life would be like in 10 years. She would be married to Matthew, or course. Would they have children? Would her husband be as successful as her father? Would they still live in Los Angeles? Lots of questions swirled around in the young girls brain, but there was one that stuck out to her most. Would she be happy?

--

An hour later, Sophia found herself sitting at a table in one of LA's top restaurants. Amelia sat on her right and the end of the table and her mother sat on her left. The trio sat in silence, waiting for their company to arrive. The sisters had been given a pep talk from their mother to "prepare them" which Sophia found ridiculous. She did know how to speak to a person. The entire situation was ridiculous, but Sophia wouldn't complain, she knew better than that.

"Are you sure my hair looks alright?" Amelia asked Sophia for the fourth time.

"Yes, calm down. You look beautiful." Amelia grinned at this statement and excused herself from the table, leaving her mother and sister alone. The pair made small talk until Amelia returned, then silence fell over the table once more. However, the silence was interrupted when they heard their mothers name being called.

"Esther!" Sophia watched as one of her moms best friends made her way across the restaurant with her arms outstretched.

Sophia and Amelia had known Caroline Parker for a long time, and both girls were fond of the woman. Although they had known Caroline their whole lives, this would be their first time meeting Daniel and Matthew, which didn't make sense to Sophia, but she didn't question it.

Her eyes left the embracing women and landed on the two males standing there awkwardly. Just by looking at them, you could tell that they were related. Both tall and muscular with chiselled jaw lines and piercing eyes. One stood a few inches taller than the other, his eyes sparkling blue like the ocean, his brothers suit making his checked shirt and tight jeans combo seem to casual for the occasion. Sophia hoped that he would be her brother, instead of the shorter man with grey eyes, which he had yet to tear away from his phone.

"Matthew, Daniel," her thoughts were interrupted by her mothers voice, "this is Amelia and Sophia, my beautiful daughters."

Sophia could feel the grin growing on her face. The hunk in tight jeans was Matthew! There was no way she'd be able to handle Daniel. In the 5 minutes she'd been in his presence, she could tell that he was not a very happy man, the scowl on his face said it all.

"Nice to meet you, Sophia." Matthew said, extending his hand towards her.

"You too," she shook his hand firmly. Lowering her voice, she spoke to the handsome boy, "You have no idea how happy I am that I'm not stuck with your brother."

Matthew let out a hearty chuckle and glanced at his brother. He no longer held his phone in his hand, however the scowl was still present on his face.

"I'm glad I didn't disappoint." He winked. "Now let's eat, I'm starving." He said, pulling out Sophia's chair.

He's gorgeous and a gentleman! Sophia thought. Thank you, God.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY! I am sooooo sorry for not updating this story for a long time! I've been finishing up school, moving, working and just living life! I'm back now though and am ready to get cracking with this baby!

I posted this from my phone so if there are any mistakes, I apologize! Also, sorry that it's kinda short!

Comment and subscribe if you like the story, it will most likely make me update faster!

xoxo