Status: In Progress

Better Together

Hitting the Books

“We should probably get you caught up on school work, Jake. You didn’t bring a single book with you,” she said once we awoke from our nap.
“Fine, but let’s get something to eat in the café first,” I told her as my stomach growled. She nodded then spoke.
“That sounds good. How about I meet you there in 30 so I can go and shower first?” I agreed and let her get dressed and go. She left after giving me a kiss that almost made me drag her back into bed with me.

DANI’S POV
“Alright, tell me everything,” Candy requested as I entered our dorm.
“I don’t kiss and tell for one, and for two, I need a shower. Bye!” I told her as I grabbed clean clothes, my shower caddy, and left. I took my time and let the hot water run over my body for a good ten minutes before deciding to get dressed.
I reentered our room twenty minutes later and put my dirty clothes in my hamper and the caddy in its spot before leaving and heading to Big Ben.
I took my ID out of my wallet before getting to the café and had it scanned before getting food and heading to our corner. Jake was there with a plate of food, waiting to dig in.
“Hey, do you need a drink?” he asked as I sat. I looked down and cursed before nodding. He ran up and got me my usual and came back.
“Thank you, you didn’t have to get it,” he just smiled and said that he did. We ate in silence, mostly because we kept shoveling food into our mouths. When we were done, we silently agreed to go back to a dorm to study and so we got up and put our plates on the belt that took them to the kitchen to get washed.
He took my hand as we headed back to his dorm. I smiled to myself and took in the look of campus on the beautiful winter day. The sun was shining bright, but it was bitter cold. I snuggled into Jake’s side, something I would do before we began to date, and he chuckled and let me. He let us into the building and I was quick to get to his room and out of the cold.
“Which class did you want to start with?” he shrugged and didn’t say anything. He really didn’t talk much when he was tired and obviously our activities in the last twelve hours wore him out. It was a really good thing that we were studying the same major and had all the same classes because of it. “What about the psych class? That one is probably the hardest, it would be best to get it done first,” he just nodded and dug the book out of his closet. I tried to hide my smile as he groaned when he saw how much he had to cover.
“I hate you,” he whispered as he got ready to dig into it all.
“No, you love me,” I looked at him and smiled not realizing the weight of my words.
“Yeah, I do,” he smiled and then brought our lips together. I smiled into the kiss and then broke it to make sure we actually did homework and did not go back to bed. He didn’t like that executive decision much, but he had to do his homework eventually.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am really sorry it is short again. I promise the next chapter is going to be super-long. Hopefully this weekend you will get it, maybe even tonight!