Status: I hope you like it. If I should fix anything, please tell me. (:

Whisper

Birthday

Three hours, two hours, one hour. I found myself counting down the hours, the minutes, the seconds until midnight. The day I turn sixteen. I don't know if I'm excited or sad. Maybe I'm both. It's probably weird I'm sad for my birthday, but the thought of growing up is depressing, well, at least it is to me. I mean, even the mere thought of being on my own, or taking responsibility for myself can send me into a panic. I go on Facebook and update my status to 'Happy birthday to me' in all caps to make sure everyone notices. I spend three hours replying 'Thank you. :)' to everyone that writes on my wall. I finally decide to give a rest, and I fall back onto my pillow and quickly fall asleep.

I wake up to the sound of talking in my room. Too tired to make out any words, I just recognize male voices.

"Happy birthday!" Three boys yell in unison. I turn over slowly with one eye open. I put on a tired smile and quietly say "thanks." I stumble to my feet and walk on my cold hardwood floor to the door. I peek outside and look downstairs. I see aunt Tia, uncle Mark, my cousin Brittany, and some other familiar faces. Why don't we just invite the whole neighborhood?

"You're up, come down!" My dad yells from the bottom step. I nod my head and sigh as I make my way back into my bedroom to get ready. Bryce, Jaden, and Louis are still there.

"Can I help you?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. They're the three brothers from down the street. When they first moved in I offered to show them around, and ever since then they've followed me around like lost puppies. They're about a year or two younger than me. I'd say the youngest one would be fourteen. They all nod their heads at the same time, and Bryce starts laughing. I glare at him with a confused look on my face.

"What's so funny?" I ask. Bryce looks at me.

"Louis stole one of your bras!" Bryce yelled out. He said it so fast it sounded like one word.

"Aw, how cute. You should go home, hang it up, and label it as the first and last bra you'll ever see." I say, sarcastically. I smile and all three turn to walk out. Finally, some peace. I head to my closet to pick out an outfit. It's weird, my clothes somehow manage to get even uglier on special occasions. I pick out the cutest dress I have, attempt to do something with the mop on my head, and I head downstairs. Everyone stares at me. I get a lot of 'Happy birthday's' from everyone. My dad walks in a smile on his face, wrinkles and all.

"I got you a present." He says. Hm, knowing my dad it'd either be money, and by money I mean ten dollars, shoes that I will only wear once, and that will be the day I get them, or a card. He grabs my hand and pulls me to the garage. He tells me to close my eyes. He tells me to stand still, and while I'm standing and waiting, I hear the garage door opening. He tells me to open my eyes, and when I do, all I can do is stare. A car. He got a me a fucking car. Maybe that's why he never got me anything super fancy, because he was building up to this.

I run up to hug him. "I love you, I love you, I love you." I say. He smiles.

"I love you too, but we're about to eat, so hurry inside, okay?" I nod my head. I wait for them to all scatter before awing at my car. When I turn to get my phone I bump into a boy. Not one I've ever seen. He was tall, his long, straight, brown hair fell perfectly in front of his eyes. They were a perfect light shade of green. I caught glimpses of them when the wind blew his hair away from his face, before he took his hand to gently put it back in its place. I have to say, I'm a sucker for piercings and tattoos. His piercings weren't anything weird, or out of the ordinary, just a simple nose ring and ear piercings. And boy did he know how to dress. I guess no one's perfect, but he was pretty damn close.

"Watch where you're going," He says, rudely. And it's gone. All the hope and faith I had in humanity, lost forever. I don't even know this guy but I am seriously offended by what he said to me.

"I'm sorry, I'm a klutz." I say, letting out a friendly laugh hoping to ease the tension.

"No shit." He says in reply. Well then. I came up with a retort in my head, a fairly good, sarcastic, smart ass kind of remark if I must say so myself. Those are my favorite, but before I could get it out he's walking to my door, and upon opening it, dumps whatever drink he had in his cup on to my driveway. Who is this guy?