Status: I hope you like it. If I should fix anything, please tell me. (:

Whisper

Frenemies

I sit down and try to get some homework done, but it's hard to concentrate because Bryce is throwing paper balls at me. Does he have anything better to do than destroy my life?

"Can you stop?" I ask, nicely.

"Can I? Yes. Will I? No." He replies.

"Why do you always have to make things difficult?" I ask him, furiously. He laughs.

"Everyone has a purpose, Tills. Mine just happens to be making your life terrible." He says, smiling. Sometimes I think he does this on purpose. Like maybe deep down in his chest there's a heart made of gold and it's guarded by evil goblins. Then I snap back to reality and realize I'm talking about Bryce. My whole life now is basically finding ways to avoid Bryce, which is literally impossible. I get a text from Craig saying he's canceling the date because he got held up at work or something. Of course I won't complain because that will just give Bryce another thing to torture me with.

"I'm going out." He says.

"And who in their right mind would want to go out with you?" I ask him. He rolls his eyes.

"They're these things called friends, you should try getting some." He says. Smart ass. I watch him as he picks out what he's wearing. He gets a plaid button down shirt, which I'm not surprised by, skinny jeans, again I'm not surprised, and vans, also something I expected. He straightens his hair and grabs his phone before turning to me.

"Don't miss me too much." He says.

"Trust me, I won't." I say, adding emphasis on the last word. He shakes his head and goes out the door. It's nice to see him go. Maybe he'll get lost on the way there. Once I'm sure he's gone for good, I begin stuffing my face compulsively to help get over the fact my date canceled on me. I mean we've been dating for nine months, so it's not like he has to take me anywhere. It wasn't my fault, but I'm still bummed out. Why should I have to stay inside? I'm gonna go out and hang out...with myself. I go to the coffee shop and order a nice mocha latte. I sit there for a while just thinking about everything. I look around and notice someone. It looked like Craig. I get up and walk to the counter to 'get more coffee'. I tilt my head back a bit to try and get a glimpse of the guy sitting down. It is Craig, or I think it is. I see a girl walking up to him and giving him a hug. I think about walking over there to talk to him until I see him lean over to kiss her. More like make out. I drop the coffee I had in my hand and I run out to my car. I put my head on the steering wheel. I feel a lump form in my throat as I try to hold back my tears. Calm down, you can save it for until you get home. I drive home faster than usual. Once I get home I head straight for my room and I bury my head in my pillow. The tears come so easily. I probably spend three hours wallowing in self pity. I hear a loud bang downstairs, but I don't jump or move a muscle. I hear Bryce stomping upstairs and slamming the bedroom door shut once he enters.

"What's wrong with you?" Bryce asks, with his usual careless attitude.

"Craig cheated on me. I saw him." I say, trying to hold back the tears that were trying to form again. He gets a look on his face, one that I haven't seen before. He kneels at my bedside and grabs my hand.

"He didn't deserve you anyways." Bryce says. He puts on a quick smile before getting up and walking to the dresser. I didn't say anything. I didn't say a word.

"Now get out unless you want me to change in front of you, which I know you do." He says. And just as quickly as it came, it's gone. Even though we have a bathroom in my room, I just get up and wait outside. I'm not in the mood for arguing.