Status: I hope you like it. If I should fix anything, please tell me. (:

Whisper

Over the line

I wake up suddenly to the sound of someone pacing back and forth. I reach for the lamp on the night stand next to my bed and turn it on. I rub my eyes and see Bryce's face with blurry vision.

"What are you doing?" I ask him.

"What does it look like I'm doing, dumb shit?" He replies, seeming a bit annoyed.

"You're just standing there.." I say. He rolls his eyes.

"My nose is throbbing from yesterday when your psycho brother punched me. It was bothering me, so I just decided to stay up." He says, angrily.

"My psycho brother had every right. You called him gay. I would've punched you too." I say. He lets out an exasperated sigh and falls onto his bed. He actually seemed pretty bummed out, can't say I feel sorry for him one bit. It's six in the morning, I might as well stay up and fix breakfast. I head downstairs in a hurry to get the last bite of cereal before Peter wakes up.

"Got anything for me?" Bryce asks, wearing his best smile. He stands at the refrigerator door and stretches. He's wearing his Spongebob boxers and mismatching socks. His hair was messy and it was falling in front of his face, but he never bothered to fix it at all. He's actually kind of cute. I mean I never thought of him in that way, but that's mainly because his personality is so horrid that you kind of miss all the good things about him.

"Stop looking at me." Bryce says, quickly interrupting my gaze. I refer to those remarks as his "warm ups" because as the day progresses they slowly get worse.

"Why don't you just admit that you think I'm cute?" He asks me, smiling. His expressions are always hard to read. You never know when he's trying to kid around with you or when he's just being an ass, which is most of the time.

"No." I say, sternly. He lets out a small laugh.

"Why not?" He asks me, in a sarcastic tone.

"Because you're not." I say. His smile fades.

"You're a terrible liar, which I'm sure you've heard multiple times before from your father when you used to tell him all your bullshit lies about 'oh, I'm just going to go study' or 'I'm going to the library' when in reality we all know you were going to Craig's house to have sex with him." He says.

"How do you know that? Does my dad talk about me to you?" I ask him, furiously. He stares at me blankly for a few seconds before busting out laughing.

"I didn't." He says, continuing to laugh.

"You set me up!" I shout, punching him in the shoulder.

"No, you set yourself up. I honestly thought you were a virgin, but now that I think about it, I don't know what's worse. Being a virgin at sixteen or losing your virginity to a tool like Craig, I mean seriously." He says.

"I love Craig." I say.

"Yeah? Well he doesn't love you, and he obviously never did if he cheated on you with a slut. And did you say you love him, as in still? That's pathetic." He says. I think Bryce enjoys crossing the line when it comes to people's feelings. I bite my lip and try to hold back my tears. I feel stupid for tearing up over this, but I'm still not completely over him. He was my first love, and him cheating on me hurt me really bad, and it still hurts sometimes.