‹ Prequel: Keeping Up With Toews?
Status: in progress.

Bright Lights

Just Give Me A Reason;

Chicago, IL.

A petite silhouette walked quietly towards the familiar black door, the number ‘2708’ in shiny metallic numbers. Silence was all that surrounded the figure and the lit hallways. With a deep sigh, the figure raised her petite hand and pushed her key into the lock and entered the entryway of the place she once called ‘home’.

Karoline looked around the condo, it’s once warm and homely demeanor was replaced with a cold and eerie feeling, one that she was used to as of late. Although everything looked as it was how she left it. The pictures in the hallways were still up, but collecting dust, her paintings. Karoline made her way to the closed door, which used to be her bedroom that she shared with Jon. With a shaky hand, she carefully turned the knob and opened the door.

Once again, Karoline had noticed that everything was still in its place. Her vanity was still in the corner dust collected the surface and mirror, her trinkets and figures were still in their place on top of the dresser, picture frames, and even the holiday cards she’s saved all through-out the 3 years with Jon. Karoline turned to the bed and noticed that the side she slept on, was made, like no one slept on that side of the bed, ‘At least he hasn’t brought home anyone.’ Karoline thought to herself, nonetheless she made her way into the walk-in closet and saw that her clothes that she hadn’t packed was still in their place. Karoline exited the closet to see a shiny glint on the tableside of Jon’s side. Karoline walked towards the table and a small gasp left her small round lips. There sitting neatly in front of a framed picture of themselves with the Stanley Cup. Karoline slowly and carefully picked up her once engagement ring and her tears had flowed down her thin face and onto her lap as she tightened the grip and held her ring, crying softly.

Just a little bit's enough
Just a second we're not broken just bent
And we can learn to love again
I never stopped
You're still written in the scars on my heart
You're not broken just bent
And we can learn to love again


Meanwhile, Jonathan was walking to his door with parents and brother, the four had just gotten back from a nice dinner and just enjoyed each other’s company. Jonathan’s smile faded and his forehead creased with confusion when he found his front door unlocked. Upon seeing this, Bryan, Andree, and David all had worried expressions and carefully opened the door into the condo. Everything was quiet and nothing seemed out of place, Jon motioned for his family to stay where they were and grabbed a random hockey stick and searched down the hallways, his eyes scanned every inch of the area when he saw that his door was open. Slowly and quietly Jon entered his room and saw a figure lying on his side of the bed, he crept forward and familiar brunette curls caught his vision and his heart stopped. Right in front of him, clutching her ring, was a tear-stained Karoline, her eyes were closed but he could hear small whimpers coming from her figure. Jonathan knelt down and gently moved some of Karoline’s curls from her face, his heart racing at incredible speed. His Karoline was back home.

Karoline had felt movement and a rough but soft hand brush her hair out of her face; she opened her eyes to see a face that had haunted her dreams, with his face parallel to hers. Chocolate brown eyes staring back at hers, and soon the two enveloped each other in a tight embrace.

“I want you back.”
♠ ♠ ♠
OMFG. DID YALL WATCH THE GAME LAST NIGHT, TRIPLE OT WITH SHAW'S GOAL.
HOLY MOLLY OF ASKFSDOKJSDIKF.
I'M CURRENTLY PACKING AT THE MOMENT, FOR BRASILIA! I'M GOING TO BRAZIL FOR THE CONFERADATIONS CUP. I'm going from Recife, Rio, then Fortalezla to watch ESPANA matches. I will be bringing my laptop and begin typing out chapters, I am hoping that we will be having wifi at our hotel.

ANYWAYS,

Let's go HAWKS,
let's bring Lord Stanley back to Chi-Town! <3