Status: Slow updates.

Louie.

I was left to defend myself.

"Well fuck you then!" I spat, slamming the refrigerator door shut and storming out of the kitchen ignoring my fathers shouts of protest at my actions. I flew through the living room, my footsteps echoing off the light-stained wood flooring. I didn't even bother taking a glance at my step siblings, already knowing they were giving me distasteful looks.

"Really Ben watch your mouth!" My eldest step sister yelled as I passed through.

She glared at me from her spot on the living room floor, in the midst of painting Lizbeth's, my youngest step sister's, finger nails. Beatrice, the second eldest just shook her head and covered my step brother, Louie's, ears. Louie kept his eyes on the television. even though he could hear nothing.

"Shut the fuck up Loraine and mind your own business." I retorted. I tore open the front door and stepped out onto the porch, slamming the door behind me with a harsh thud. Loraine yelled out another remark but it was a little to late for me to even hear it.

I sighed and sat on the front steps running my fingers through my hair. I patted my knees with my palm and scoped out the neighborhood, trying to get use to the still freshly new sight.

I watched as a man across the street watered his lawn, a Jack Russell Terrier yapping and nipping at his ankles but the man remained calm.

I smirked to myself, my attention averting to an old station wagon that slowly but steadily came up the street pulling into the drive way of the house directly in front of my father's.

A older man stepped out of the drivers side and jogged lightly to the back of the car, popping open the trunk. A woman stepped out from the passengers seat and then opened the back door on her side.

My eyes watched as the man unfolded a wheel chair, strolling to the open back seat. I faintly heard the woman ask if the person inside needed any help, but some kid inside just ignored her and carefully stepped out of the car, a bright green cast taking over a majority of his right leg. It was obvious that walking was a struggle for him but nonetheless he refused the wheel chair and hopped up the drive wave on his left foot.

"You're going to hurt yourself," the women warned, who I assumed was the boys mother. He just waved her off and began to make his way up the front porch steps.

Before I had the chance to continue to watch him struggle, heavy footsteps made their way towards me and both of the doors that led the house opened behind me. I didn't dare look back, already knowing it was my father.

"In your room now," He almost growled. I huffed and stood up.

"I'm not a fucking kid anymore-"I began to protest but he just shook his head.

"I don't give a damn Ben, just get to your room now."

The eyes in my skull rolled and I shoved past him, making sure to stomp my way up the stairs. I didn't dare look at my step siblings or step mother, not with the rage building up inside of me.

I continued my harsh stomps until I made it through the doorway of my room and slammed my door shut. My body threw itself onto my bed. The anger inside of me was boiling and bubbling ready to leak out, but somehow I managed to get it under control. But before I had the chance to relax my door flew open.

"This door is to remain open, end of story," my dad said. I just raised my hand in the air and sent him a middle finger. I then returned my hand to my side, listening as he bid good night to each of my step sisters and step brother, a ball of jealousy adding to the emotions in the pit of my stomach.

The flick of a light switch rang in my ears, a sign of curfew.

As my mind fought off the the fire in my body and the memories of my real mother and the countless fights we had, sleep somehow slipped into my room and enveloped me in it's sweet peace.

~

I rolled over, eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness and focusing on the source that woke me up. Louie stood at my bed side, dressed in footy pajamas and clutching a pillow pet to his chest. His eyes looked at me innocently and I felt a pang in my chest when I noticed his tear-streaked face and sniffles.

"What?"

The small boy just stood their nervously, "I had a bad dream."

"And. . . so what? It was just a dream."

I mentally cringed at my lack of sympathy. He was just a kid, and despite being aware of that, I somehow could care less. I rolled over, away from him and ignored his small hands that nudged my shoulders. Internally I gave my self a slap for each nudge, how could I ignore him like that?The same way she ignored you.

"Just go to dad," I told him after a minute of his annoying actions.He just wants comfort.

"The doors locked though. . ."

"Oh my god, Louie just go! I'm trying to sleep here!"

I didn't mean to. . . I didn't mean to yell at him, but the memories and shadows of my childhood and my mother's cold shoulder resurfaced the anger I had earlier today. Louie backed away from my booming voice and ran out of my room, running into the one across the hall. I heard Lorraine's voice ask him what was wrong and his explanation of a nightmare.

Lorraine just hummed and whispered comforting words to him. My stomach twisted. Small feet quickly dashed out of her room and to the one next to mind, then dashed back to her room a faint dragging sound following. Hes bringing his blanket

My insides churned, hating how nice they were to one another.

No one was ever there to comfort me when I lived with her. . .

I was left to defend myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this is sufficient. Point out my flaws?
Tell me what you think?

And thank you for the comment: Mogar <3

I really appreciate it.