Status: Only active if you keep commenting&subsrcibing;)

Blue

One More Night

Kaspian


"What's your address?" I asked her, keeping a steady gaze on the forbidden dark roads. They reached out me, welcoming with their wide shadowy arms. I was their child; a creature lurking in the depths of the night. Her pulse was racing uneasily, which made me tense. Human blood from the vein was always a tempting offer. My fingers wrapped around the steering wheel fiercely, causing my knuckles to turn even paler. Amelia stayed quiet, not bothering to acknowledge my question.

I opened my mouth to slowly repeat it, but she beat me to words. "Next left."

"This little farmhouse on that street used to be in my family until a few generations ago," I said, edging a sly look at her. The pigments in her skin faded out, leaving her just as pale as I was.

"Yeah? What happened?" Her heart involuntarily skipped a beat.

"Several great grandparents sold it to another family. They had no use for it anymore," It wasn't a lie by any means, but let's just say I also stretched the truth over a mile long. I heard Amelia take a sharp gulp, she was growing even more anxious by each passing sentence. It was my fault really, but the cruel part of me liked seeing her squirm.

She never responded back, instead sighed uncomfortably. The little noise was pathetic, and sounded strangled trying to reach its way out of her mouth. I didn't even bothering asking her exactly which house she lived at. There was a handful to choose from, but I already knew. Even if I didn't, she had made things quite obvious.

I'd had years of experience to learn how to observe humans. I could easily speculate and decipher them. Every single one of them was just another open book for me. They held no information that I couldn't read in between the lines.

My foot eased against the breaks of the car, slowing it down dramatically until we smoothed ourselves out into a stop. The lights were out in the farm house, everything was blank. The last time I'd seen her she didn't live here yet. She was still under her older cousin's wing. Nia her name was, poor thing would never be able to conceive a child.

When I had told Amelia to keep her child, I was expecting her to hand her off to Nia. Nia would've taken Kayla in as if she were a small child receiving a puppy for Christmas. She would cherish, love, and raise Kayla as her own. Amelia would have had no worries, but instead she let her responsibility get the best of her. I just wanted her to go on with her life, and she was making it hard.

"How did you know?" She asked me, her voice barely audible to human ears but crisp in mine.

"You're an open book, doll face, it wasn't hard to figure out," I said, topping everything off with my signature smirk. A flash of irritation ignited in her dark forest green eyes. Each vibrant green iris fiber held the pupil lassoed in the center. If red could have flashed across her eyes, well it would have.

"I am not an open book, and don't ever call me doll face again," Amelia said, through a cage of gritted teeth. She quickly added with a false threat, "or else."

She was so puny in the grand scheme. She didn't understand how easy it would be for me to crush her wind valves. Causing a quick case, yet uncomfortable case of suffocation. Here she was threatening me, the big bad wolf.

"Oh please, I do what I want, doll face." I hopped out of the car, taking a gentle hand to closing my door. Amelia on the other hand just happened to scoff and slam the thing shut as hard as she could muster. It was something that would do no collateral damage.

"You are so pretentious," She snarled at me, and rushed forward into her house, slamming the door behind her.

I definitely wasn't getting a second date with her, as if I wanted one though. The last thing I needed was for her to be caught up in my awful world. As the rest of hers, she should remain oblivious to me. To my brother. To everything.

Image


Alesander beat me home, his red Chevrolet was gleaming in our long twisted driveway. I stepped out of my sports car, balancing my own thoughts in the darkness. The drive home gave me time to reflect upon my own thoughts that were playing an endless game of racket ball in my head.

The shadows concealed nothing. I padded across our cobble stone driveway, reaching the front door instantaneously. Inside the fire was roaring, letting flecks of ember light up the empty space. There were no real lights on, but the fire and candles provided enough for comfort. Not that Alesander or I needed the guidance of them anyways, but we used them to make us feel normal. It rarely gave me the feeling anymore, I was no longer human. My human years were such a distant memory, that they just blurred together. Twenty one years meshed together like they were a single year. I couldn't distinguish one from another.

I locked the door behind me out of habit. I feared nothing. Not even loss. I had nothing to lose anymore, I gave everything up on my twenty first birthday.

Image


"Are you sure this is what you want, Kaspian?" His mother's face glowed with concern, though her lines of worry were forced upon her face. They never left an aftermath of creases, she would always remain so fair.

"I want to live forever. I want to be what I always meant to," He whispered, trembling only on the inside. In order to be like his parents he had to die first. Painless, they all tried to tell him. But none of them truly knew; they were born that way. Instead, he was born a freak, an abnormality. He was conceived by two royal pure blood vampires, and birthed by a vampire yet born so
human.

He wasn't the only fluke, because his parents tried again only to have another human son. Third time would be their charm, but even their daughter wasn't a vampire baby. Being the oldest, he'd be the first one to take on the transformation. And today was the day, a fair Swedish vampire named Jezebel would make him one of them.

Kaspian had already made himself known with the lovely Jezebel. They spent many nights in each others' arms as he ran his fingers through her curvy blonde hair. So perfect, he thought,
this is what forever will be like.

For once in his entire life, Kaspian felt important, needed, wanted, loved. In all his years even with holding the heir title, he stilled was forced into the shadow of his younger more charming brother. Everyone just happened to fall in love with Alesander; so goodhearted, caring, smart, genuine. No one ever bothered to scratch more than the surface with Kaspian. They all assumed they knew him. Reclusive, tricky, deceitful. In time it was what he became. He gave them what they wanted, and the town's people accepted it.

Jezebel came into his life and made him feel loved and cherished. And for the time being, she did love Kaspian for who he was. He was no prince charming, but he was rough around the edges, and that gave him a great character with many traits. He was complex, and intriguing, holding so many feelings and emotions. He was a twelve sided polygon, while Alesander was only a square.

"Alright, take my hand son," Allora Gates guided her son over to the courtyard. It was a radiant spring day, and all the flowers were beginning to blossom. Colors were growing from the ground up, sprinkling a touch of a happiness here and there.

Jezebel stood in a creamy summer dress, her long hair pinned back elegantly. Kaspian had never seen anymore more beautiful in his entire life. Alesander was sitting in the crowd, beaming with joy. He wanted his brother to be happy for once, and if becoming one of them this soon was the way, so be it. In time, Alesander thought, that would be him, but why waste his life so soon?

Resembling a marriage, vows were said, and blood exchanged. Everyone held their breath when Gregory Gates snapped his own son's neck. Alesander wasn't sure if he could picture his father the same way. He couldn't imagine the same loving, supportive father after that. Within a few hours, he awoke, and a relief flooded over everyone.

Red glowed, masking Kaspian's beloved blue eyes. A burn scorched his throat that he thought he might have keeled over. Instead, he lashed out at the nearest human pulse.

His own brother. He drank greedily from his brother's veins, not caring about the consequences. Alesander struggled, but the pain was overwhelming forcing him to relax and then all the agony faded into something calming. Before completely draining the life from Alesander, a small bit of humanity clicked in Kaspian's mind. He couldn't be doing this, not to Alesander. Sure, he felt some resentment, but he was still blood. And that meant they would always stick together, no matter what.

In a scandalous move, Kaspian forced Alesander to drink his blood. He was desperate, he needed his brother to live. He thought the vampire blood would cure him. But it was already too late, nineteen year old Alesander awoke a vampire the next morning.

Jezebel knew of the scandal, but took the blame. After all, she wanted Alesander more than anything. he would treat her like the princess she was. He would carry her off on a white horse. She did at one point love Kaspian, but Alesander suited her so much better. They fell in love at first sight.

When Kaspian found out he was outraged, he massacred his own town. Killing many, reveling in the blood lust, and not caring about anything. The humanity switch was off indefinitely. His little sister Holly was left terrified of her older brother, and tried talking to him. She just wanted her sweet, protective brother back. But he was too far gone.


Image


I stopped thinking about Jezebel, she was nothing to me. I had met another who completed me, and without her I was nothing. She understood me, knew me in my entirety and still chose to love me. Even in the light of my brother, this girl still claimed me. She was mine to love and cherish for eternity. We did everything together, including pillaging, killing and even burning down towns after towns to the ground. We danced over the ashes, and clicked goblets filled with the finest peasant's blood. We both clutched what we were in our hands, holding it tightly. We indulged in luxuries of being superior.

I missed every last moment of it. Rosalina meant everything to me. Aleasnder knew that, and he still had to swoop in and take it all away.

He tore me away from her ruthlessly, becoming just as savage as I was. That night was gruesome, and it pained me to even attempt to relive it. Just, he fully embraced the monster that one night to save me from myself. But I had been thinking lately, and I realized, maybe I really didn't want to be saved. After all the only thing I seemed to be good at was being a vampire. Vampires take what they want, when they want, whenever they want it. It was fact in this trade, a way to get by. I thoroughly enjoyed it too.

"Self control, brother," Alesander said, joining me on the leather couch. He handed me a cup of Scotch, normally I would have taken it but instead I waved it away.

"You were reborn with it," I muttered, staring at the blazing fire. It was a gradient hues from red to yellow, with a small hint of blue. I allowed myself to become captivated by it only to ignore Alesander. He was just being a thorn in my side as always.

"No, you just never chose to learn it," He quipped back. The truth stung, because frankly it was true. Sometimes I admired him for it, but it always seemed weak. I started off on a blood lust early though, it greatly disappointed even my parents. They never wanted to see me like that. I was nearly disowned after my little scheme.

"Not tonight, Alex," I said. Alex was endearing nickname I had given him back when we were kids. I tried to patch things up by starting acting more like family than formal acquaintances.

"Kasper," The nickname he gave me right back, "You know she made you into a terror." Rosalina, he meant.

"A monster you mean, it's in my blood," I grew solemn. This conversation wasn't my cup of tea, and if we got anymore detailed it'd turn violent.

"I had to Kasper. You weren't being yourself," I could read the sorrow in his eyes. But was he really sorry? He did an unmentionable deed far worse than my pillaging rampage.

"You're just weak! Alex, this is what we are, so you better get used to it." Every word came out with growled edge. I stood before even thinking about the action.

Alex was on top of the game, and this time he was two steps ahead of me. He had me pinned to the wall, a steady hand on my throat. His fangs were extended, and his eyes grew black as this very night. I replicated his face, extending my own pair of pearly whites. They'd be better stained in blood.

"You hurt anyone tonight, and I'll chain you to the basement again." I was more of his pet than a brother. A wild tiger he kept trying to tame. The grip on my neck loosened, and just about when I was gonna hope through the window, a familiar seductive voice chimed through the tense air.

"So you still think I'm dead? What a poor babe."

Both our heads snapped in the direction. Her violet eyes matched mine. Rosalina. My Rosalina was still here, alive, well, and frankly sexy as hell. She didn't seemed to have changed, and even if she did she was increasingly beautiful. Alex had a blank expression painted over his features. Even his hazel eyes were clearly unreadable. He was processing his next move, and I was processing just her.

"Kaspian, my love, aren't you going to greet me?" Her accent was alluring, and I wanted nothing more than to passionately kiss her. To feel her, to touch her, to know she was actually real. In a fluid, too fast movement she was in my arms. My whole world felt right again.
♠ ♠ ♠
SUPER LONG CHAPTER. I know.... So what do you guys think of Rosalina? I kinda explained a lot. There's a lot of mixed emotions, character depth, back ground information. And where does Amelia fit into all of this, well we'll find out! :)

Leave your thoughts please & thank you.