Status: Active

Somethings Can't Be Changed

Explain To Me

"Are you scared?" Cassadee, Rian's girlfriend asked me from the bathroom. I laid on my bed fidgeting with my Twitter.

"Hmm?" I asked not paying attention. I was reading Alex's tweets. All about partying.

She walked into my view and stared at me. "The surgery today, are you nervous?" I bit my lip. I was more than nervous, I was frightened, beyond scared. I wasn't ready for it.

"More than words can describe Cass." I sighed. She walked to the bed and sat next to me.

"Everything is going to be okay." She smiled sympathetically.

"I hope so." As soon as I finished my sentence the door bell rang. I cocked my head to the side. Who was that?

"Expecting company?" Cassadee perked her head up.

I shook my head no. She followed me as we walked downstairs of the huge house and to the front door. I opened, the door and my mouth dropped and I heard Cass gasp behind me.

A man in his early 30's stood at my door with a gigantic vase of pink roses.

"Oh my god." I whispered.

"Ember Green?" The man asked. I nodded, taking the flowers. "Have a nice day." He finished before walking away. Cass shut the door behind me as I carried them to the kitchen.

"Oh my god they're beautiful." She said in awe. "Oh look a card!" I grabbed it, not daring to look at the name.

Alex, Alex, Alex, Alex please.

I looked down to see Jack's name written in cursive. My heart fell. Alex hadn't called for anything. I knew Jack told him, he wouldn't forget. Especially about this. I just wish he cared. I opened the card anyways, wondering what it had said.

'Hope everything goes well today. Call me and fill me in.

Miss and love you! - Jack'

"Awh it's from Jack!" Cassadee smiled. I smiled, but inside I was hurt. "Come on, we should leave." Cassadee said pulling my arm towards the door.

I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to have surgery. I didn't want to have cancer. I wanted Alex here. I wanted to be healthy. I wanted everything to be normal.

I wanted everything to be okay.

~

My eyes fluttered open, and instantly shutting them from the blinding light that pieced my eyes. I went to sit up on my elbows but groaned when I moved my body. Pain pierce everywhere imaginable. I felt a tear escape my eye, even though they were closed.

"Cass, turn off the lights."

My eyes instantly shot open when I heard that voice. "Jack? What are you doing here?" I asked as a smile appeared on my face, but soon vanished when I felt more pain.

"Don't move, just relax. It was our day off and I wanted to make sure you were okay." I squeezed his hand and smiled.

My eyes roamed around the room, looking everywhere. My smiled turned into a frown. Jack's smile fell too.

"He's not here." Jack sighed. "I'm not sure if he remembered it was today." I nodded, trying to hold back my tears that fought to come out. All I wanted was Alex here with me. To be by my side through all of this. To let me know that it was going to be okay.

"Can I have my phone?" I asked Cassadee. I had given her it when we got to the hospital. She smiled and handed me it. I pressed the home button; 2 text messages. My heart started racing. I could tell because the monitor told me so. I opened them, only to be crushed.

They were messages from Zack and Rian saying good luck and that they missed me. The tears formed again in my eyes. Once again he let me down.

"Will you excuse me, so that I can call him?" I asked Jack and Cass. They both nodded as they walked out of the room.

I dialed Alex's number, but this time had no second thoughts about pressing send.

"Hey!" He said cheerfully. I didn't say anything. "Ember?" He asked.

I just shook my head to myself. "I can't believe you." I said, a tear flowing down my cheek.

"What?" He asked confused, I laughed.

"Today?" I asked.

"What about it?" I bit my bottom lip, trying my hardest not to just break down on the phone.

"My fucking surgery Alex? Did you not remember or did you just not care? How come your best friend remembered and cared more than you did?"

"I'm sorry baby, I forgot. I promise you that I care, more than Jack ever could." He begged into the phone.

I chuckled to myself, looking down at the IV's inside my arm. "Really now? How come Jack sent me flowers to the house saying good luck? And how come it's your best friend who is by my side right now and not you? Why is it that he surprised me here when I woke up, and you didn't? Why does it seem like you don't care about me? About us! Lately you've been ignoring me, and not wanting to talk? What the hell did I do Alex? Please tell me. I'm literally dying and you could give two shits of piss less. Why do I feel so alone?" By the end of my rant my yelling turned into tears. I finally caved in. I let everything come out.

And it felt good.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter :) hope you guys are liking it so far! Thank you so much for the amazing feedback. I love you guys so much!!!

So I wanted to show you guys how amazing you've been since I've started the first story of this.

You Look So Much Cuter Naked:
Recs: 18 Readers: 892 Subscribers: 90 Comments: 47

You've Never Looked Better, And I've Never Looked Worse:
Recs: 41 Readers: 535 Subscribers: 136 Comments: 218

And now this one. You guys are literally the best readers ever. I thank you so much for keeping along with me through this.