Status: Active

Somethings Can't Be Changed

Last Second Chance

"Em-" He started, but I snapped back.

"No, don't Em, me." I said harshly. "Answer one question. One fucking question. Do you even care what's happening to me? Would you rather just walk away while you can?"

"No! Never! I'm just scared. This is happening, the whole tour thing. It's just too much right now. I love you more than anything and I would die if anything happened to you."

"Then why don't you show it Alex?"

He sighed. "I don't know."

I bit my lip, pulling my feet up to my chest. "Okay Alex." I breathed.

"Okay what?" He questioned.

"I won't bother you with anymore things until you're done with tour." I choked, resting my head against my knees.

"No! That's not what I said or meant at all!" He cried. "Ember, listen to me. You have my word that I'm going to help you through this and talk to you more."

"I don't know-"

Alex cut me off. "Please, believe me." He begged.

I exhaled deeply. I loved him more than anything and I knew it wouldn't hurt to give him another chance. Unless he ignored me all over again. Then it would. "Okay." I said lowly. "One more chance." I assured him.

I could hear him smile through the phone. "Thank you Em! I promise I'm going to come visit as soon as I can!" I couldn't help but let the smile on my face grow big. "I love you Em."

"I love you Alex." I repeated. "I better go though, I'm keeping Cass and Jack waiting."

"Okay. Call me when you get home?" I smiled.

"Of course." I agreed.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I said before hanging up the cell phone and giving Jack and Cassadee the 'okay' to come back in.

"Sooooo?" Jack questioned as he sat down next to me in the small hospital bed.

I smiled while exhaling deeply. "I'm giving him one more chance."

"YAY!" Cassadee screamed. Jack and I both laughed in unison. "I didn't want you guys to throw everything away." She pouted giving me a side hug.

"Well no need to worry then." I smiled.

"Yeah, I couldn't give up my best friend because of my other best friend." Jack pouted as well, reminding me of a 5 year old.

"Don't pout, you look like a dog." I laughed

Jack's mouth fell. "Did you really just use a Jennifer Lopez quote on me?"

I looked over and Cassadee and started laughing. "How the hell did you know that?" She asked Jack.

"'Enough' used to be my favorite movie." He gasped. "She's sexy."

"Oh Jack." I laughed until the nurse came in.

"You are free to go." She smiled at me.

I nodded as Jack and Cass helped me into the wheelchair that was 'mandatory' for me to leave the hospital in.

Once in the car, Cassadee drove us all to my house, making one pit stop at Taco Bell for Jack.

"Want a bite?" Jack asked shoving a half eaten taco in my face.

I made a nasty face and shook my head no. He shrugged and took another bite of it. "When do you have to go back?" I asked Jack, referring to obviously the tour.

"Tomorrow afternoon." He answered in between bites.

"I wish Rian was out here." Cassadee pouted from my couch.

"I wish Alex was out here too." I said sticking my bottom lip out.

"Am I like chopped liver or what?" Jack asked, pieces of taco flying from his mouth.

I giggled, picking up the piece and throwing it at him. "No, you're my second favorite." I assured him.

He dropped his mouth. "Second?"

"You're my second too, so that makes you on average, 1st." Cassadee explained to him.

"Damn straight." He nodded. "Hey I have to go do some errands, but I'll be back tonight. Sleepover?" He asked us. I looked at Cass and shrugged.

"Sounda good. You bring the goodies and we'll get the movies." Cassadee answered.

"Oh I will." Jack winked before walking out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry took so long. I've been busy writing essays and shit for school :(