I'm 13 Years Old... And Pregnant?!

010

Celia and I sat in that tiny, cramped room for what seemed like hours. We didn't say any more than two words to each other, if that. I felt horrible for knowing I could have costed Brandon his life, and I could tell that she didn't want to make things any worse than they already were.

"Celia Verro?" A voice called from the start of the room. Our heads turned in unison, staring at the doctor in the doorway. It took Celia a minute to shake off her thoughts before she stood up.

"Yes?" She answered, her voice cracking.

The doctor nodded. "Come this way, please." He motioned for us to follow him, and headed out the door.

Celia turned to me, and I could see the pain in her eyes. "This is it," she mumbled. I grabbed her hand and we shuffled out of the room, tears still tucked away in both of our eyes.

We followed the doctor down the hall and to the room, number 307. He stopped right outside, looking at his clipboard and then at us. "There's something I have to tell you two before you enter," he said slowly.

Celia and I stood perfectly motionless, still grasping each other's hand. The doctor sighed.

"Brandon Verro isn't awake yet. And we're not sure if or when he will wake up."

I choked on my breathe. Celia's eyes went wide, and she gasped. "W-what to you mean?" She stuttered. "You told me that he'd be awake in a few minutes. And he's not awake? And what does 'if and when' mean? Are you telling my brother won't ever wake up?"

By now she was shaking. I would be too, if I wasn't so much in shock. 'If and when'?

The doctor grabbed Celia's hand, stroking it softly. "I'm sorry," he said, his voice in a low and monotone voice, as if he was used to telling people their boyfriend/brother was going to die every day.

It took me a few minutes to realize that tears were streaming down my cheeks and onto my clothes. I started to shake; in fear, in angst, in worry. I looked up to Celia, then to the doctor, and then to the door.

"Can we go in?" I uttered through my tears.

The doctor looked at me and swayed his head to this door.

I wiped my tears from my face and looked up to Celia again. "Ready?" I asked her. This time my voice was strong and confident, even though that's the complete opposite of what I felt inside.

"Ready." She answered.

And we walked though the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, I know. Sorry.

Comments are love! And they make me write faster/