I'm 13 Years Old... And Pregnant?!

011

I heard Celia gasp as set her eyes on the long, white bed in which Brandon was lying.

His eyes were closed. He breathed slowly with the help of a huge inhaler; his left arm spread next to his body, an IV stuck in his vein. It all seemed too far-fetched to be real. I stood in the doorway, in my own little state of shock.

"Brandon," Celia mumbled, rushing over to him and grabbing his right hand. "Brandon?"

The doctor turned to her, taking hold of her arm and pulling her away slightly. "He needs his rest," he whispered calmly. "Don't try to wake him."

"Don't try to wake him?" Celia nearly screamed. Panic and stress took over her face, making her look like more like a paranoid mother than a sister.

The doctor sighed, twisting his head over to me, and, in a flash, back to Celia. He pulled her to the corner of the room, obviously about to say something he didn't want me to hear. I inched towards them, trying to listen to what he was going to say. There was no way I was going to miss something this important.

"Listen," the doctor said, his voice softer than a whisper. "When I said we weren't sure he'd wake up, the truth was we're positive he won't. He's in a comma. The pills were too far off in his system to bring back up-"

Celia gasped, revolving her body around to stare at me. She looked straight into my eyes, and instantly started sobbing all over again.

My jaw dropped. I didn't move from where I was standing. I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to comprehend what the doctor has just said.

"You didn't hear that, did you?" Muttered the doctor, his forehead finally creasing to create a worried look on his face.

It took me a while to understand that he was talking to me. When I did, I slowly raised my head and nodded, still unable to bring tears so my eyes.

"Is it true?" I asked, my voice cracking and shooting through three octaves.

He sighed, holding his hand to his forehead. "Yes."

Finally, the tears came, overflowing my eyes and falling onto my cheeks. "No," I whispered. "Not Brandon. Please, no."

Celia walked over to me, pulling her hands apart and wrapping me in a hug. "He's going to make it. He's going to make it," She whispered over and over again, trying to reassure not only me but herself. Our tears fell to the floor in unison.

Suddenly, I pushed Celia away and wiped the tears from my eyes. "I have to go," I muttered, my voice still hoarse from all the crying. She stared at me in disbelief.

Without looking back, I ran out the door and into the abundant door. Tallen, I thought, pushing my hands in my pocket and grabbing my phone. I dialed the numbers quickly, and, with shaking hands, brought the phone to my ear. By now I was halfway down the staircase.

The phone rang three times before I heard Tallan's smooth voice at the end of the line.

"Tallan," I gaped, my voice shuddering through the phone.

"Breagh?" he asked. "What's wrong?"

I stayed silent for a moment before answering, trying to think of the best answer.

"Brandon's going to die," I said finally.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this is shitty. Usually I let Breagh think for herself more,instead of overwhelm her with actions. But this chapter was meant to show how surprised, scared and sad she was. Comments are the bomb! They make my day! Tell me what you thought.