I'm 13 Years Old... And Pregnant?!

012

Silence filled the phone line. "Wh-what?" Tallan's voice was shaky and obviously confused.

I could hear my raspy breathing and tear-filled stutters echo into the phone. "He... he..."

"Take your time," Tallan interrupted, trying to calm both me and him down at the same time.

I gasped, searching for air. I swiftly turned behind me, making sure I was alone before I aloud myself to answer Tallan's question.

"He overdosed," I muttered, my voice no louder than a whisper. Tallan's silence was my sign to continue, so I did. "He tried to kill himself over me. Over me.. His...his suicide note said so. And the doctor said that... he might not..." My sobbing broke my sentence.

"Oh," Tallan whispered. I could feel the hurt and tension rise in the air. It was clear he wanted to know why I cared so much, with my constant ranting about Brandon and his stupidity.

"Breagh... why do you care?"

I knew it.

"I... he..." I searched for words. "He just... he was... I love him."

Tallan was silent. It took him much less time to realize my mistake than it took me. I love him. I love him. I love him. My words bounced off the walls in my brain, reminding me that I didn't say 'loved'. I said love.

"You... love... him?" His voice was barely a whisper. It was if he had forced his words out.

"No!" I said, shaking my head. "No way. No. I don't love him. I meant to say... I meant to say... loved. I don't love him. Not... anymore."

I heard Tallan's sigh of relief. "Good, I think..." He whispered. "You know that I love you, right, Breagh?"

Even though I had heard him speak the words before, they came as a shock to me this time. "Yeah," I squeaked. "I know. And... I love you to."

But the thing is, I'm not even sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eeek, sorry it's so short! And also, sorry for the cliffhanger x]