I'm 13 Years Old... And Pregnant?!

003

My head shot up to him. "What?!" I screamed with all sorts of emotions running through my body. I couldn’t breathe.

Tallan sighed and took my hand. "Breagh..." He stared into my eyes.

"Tallan, just tell me! Who did it?"

"Here," he grumbled, pulling a crumpled up piece of paper out of his pocket.

With shaky hands, I grabbed it and slowly opened the note. 'I killed Mr. and Mrs. Sanders... My name is Dan Golaff.' I read the note over and over again, unbelieving that this was actually happening. Finally, I turned to Tallan and broke into tears.

Tallan rushed to me and rapped his hands around me in a bear hug. He stood there as quiet as an ant, without making a sound, as tears dropped from my face with no end.

"Breagh?" Tallan whispered in my ear.

"Y-yes?" I managed back through my weeping.

"What are you going to about this?"

I pushed Tallan's arms away and looked at him, wiping my still-crying eyes with me sleeve. "I'm going to call the police, of course."

Tallan's eyes got big. "No! Breagh you can't!"

I sat down on the swing and stared into the star filled sky. "Why not? It's the only way to find this man and make him pay back for..." I couldn't finish my sentence. My eyes were getting watery again.

"Yes, but Breagh... you can't tell the police. You just can't." I took a deep breath, chocking back tears.

"I'm going to tell them, Tallan. There's no reason not to. Why did you give me the note if you didn't want me to call the police? Where did you even get the note from?"

Tallan sat next to me and looked down at the ground. He was silent for a long while. "Breagh... that note... I wrote it." I gasped. "Wh-what? You mean... you... you killed..."

"No!" Tallan shouted jumping up in front of me. "Of course I didn't! I mean... I wrote that letter."

I tilted my head. "So... that man who murdured my parents...he told you to—"

"Breagh, he doesn’t exist! I made him up, okay? I made him up! He doesn't exist!"

I leaped up, face to face with Tallan. "You did what? Tallan, how could you? What kind of a mean joke is his? I thought we were friends!"

Tallan looked down again. "I thought it would make you happy," He muttered.

"Make me happy for what? Happy that you joked me? Well I’m not laughing!" I started to run away.

"Breagh!" Tallan shot after me. "Breagh! Breagh wait! Let me explain!"

I didn't stop.

"Breagh please! ! Please Breagh!" Tallan caught up to me and grabbed my arm. I turned around to him with no words escaping my mouth. "Breagh." He whispered, out of breath. "I did it because... I thought you'd be happy. I thought you'd be happy that the person who murdured your parents was caught. Okay Breagh? I thought you'd be happy. I didn't mean to hurt you."

A tear trickled down my face as I looked up to him. Speechless. "Okay." I squeaked at last as he rapped his arms around me once more. "Just don't do it again." Hand in hand, we walked home to my house.

* * *

"Bye!" I waved to Tallan before entering my house. He waved back and I walked in.

"Breagh!" Flore rushed over to me in a panic. "Where have you been? I need your help! Julian just came running into our house in tears!"

"Oh. no," I mumbled, running over the table where Julian was weeping his eyes out.

I knelt down beside him. "Julian?" I smiled. "Is Julian okay?"

Julian looked up at me. "Rob," He whispered, then broke into tears again.

I turned to Flore. "He said Rob," I told her. She nodded.

"I'll call him and tell him Julian's over here." She rushed off to find a phone. I turned to Julian again. "What did Rob do?" I asked him. "Rob... Rob take away mommy and dad."
♠ ♠ ♠
Not very good. =/
AT LEAST YOU GOT TO MEET JULIEN! :D (he's nine, by the way.)