I'm 13 Years Old... And Pregnant?!

006

I awoke to the annoying sound of my alarm clock. I groaned in displeasure as I tilted my head towards my clock. "It's only 5:30. Stupid clock." I pulled myself up into a sitting position, letting my bulging abdomen rest on my legs. I still can't believe that I'm having twins. I thought, rubbing my stomach contently.

I stood from the bed and walked over to my closet. "What to wear, what to wear?" I mumbled as I fumbled through my clothes. Picking out today's clothes, (a huge pink and white flowered shirt that once belonged to Flore in her heavier days and a pair of sweats.) I slipped out of my PJ's and slipped on the new clothes. I walked down the stairs and grabbed some bread and walked over to the toaster. I grabbed my toast after it was done and smothered the top with butter; it was delicious, at least for me.

I grabbed my backpack and walked out to the bus stop; leaning against a lamp post when I got there. One by one, kids from school started to show up, even the new kids who were afraid to go to a new school. The bus arrived and I slowly made my way onto it. I sat down in the front, and all of the kids that I knew from my stop sat around me. I sighed deeply, knowing what was coming.

"So when is the baby due?" One girl asked.

"Three more months." I replied, a blank look on my face.

"Can I feel?" The girl sitting next to me asked, pointing to my stomach.

"Sure." I replied.

"Oh, yay!" she squealed and smiled. It was nice to know that people wanted to know about my babies, but it makes me considerably uncomfortable.

I felt her hand lay on top of my abdomen and winced when she pressed too hard; making her feel sorry and relieve me of pain. I answered the rest of the questions without even thinking; I has something else on my mind. Brandon. I have to tell him I'm sorry, I thought, a worried look on my face. He already apologized. And, as much as I hate ti admit it, I do need him. He's always been my safe harbor... in a way, I could trust him more than I do Terra.

It was a long and very uncomfortable bus ride, so when we reached the school I was much relieved. I ran out of the bus, or at least tried to. I almost tripped a few times, my weary followers making sure I was okay (although, they were probably more concerned about my stomach). "What time is it?" I mumbled to one of he girls. She quickly pulled up her sleeve and checked her watch. "8:45." she answered. "That's still leaves me... oh, thanks." I said, running off again. I still had 15 minutes until class started, 15 minutes to find Brandon and apologize. I had to find him now.

I ran all around the school, checked the alley between Middle and High where the sluts usually are, even checked the bike rack to see if Brandon had biked today. At least that would assure me he was in school today. But I couldn't find him anywhere. Where is he? I thought over and over again. Feeling weary of my pregnancy, I walked to my first period class and sat by the teacher, whom I knew wouldn't smother me with questions about the babies.

As the bell for lunch rang, I made my way out into the courtyard and, once again, couldn't find Brandon. I sighed in defeat as I sat down to eat my lunch that Flore had packed me. All of a sudden, kids started to swarm around me and ask a lot of questions about my babies. The only thing is, they think that I'm only having one baby; how wrong they are.

"What's it like to be pregnant?" This younger girl asked.

"It's really not all it's cracked up to be." I replied, taking a bite from my apple.

"Who's the father?" One boy asked; I stared down at the ground in shame.

"I was raped. The father is in jail." I said, holding back tears.

"Oh, okay." They all said, and then left.

I sighed a breath of relief as they all went on there way. Thank God for that.

I finished my lunch and walked back to the classroom. I was under a heap of stress, and being at school wasn't any help for that. But thank goodness it was finally the last class of the day. One long and boring lecture later, the final bell rang. Thank god, I thought as I walked to the buses. The bus ride was the same as it was that morning, long and uncomfortable. I walked into the house and went into my room, so quiet and peaceful inside. Then my cell rang.

"Hello?" I asked. I didn't even look at the name.

"Hey Breagh!" Came a loud and cheery voice from the other line.

"Hey Terra." I replied, solemnly.

"What's wrong girl?" She asked in a worried tone.

"It's just that I'm under a lot of stress." I said sadly.

"Aww, I'm sorry... what's up?" She asked.

"Nothing, Ter. Well, nothing I can talk about... right here."

Silence.

"Well, I know what could help..." She said slowly, obviously a plan forming in her head.

"What?" I asked, clearly confused.

"A shopping spree!" She replied, I could almost feel the smile in her voice.

I sighed. "OK, fine, come pick me up." I muttered. Shopping when I had a missing boyfriend, two soon-to-be-born babies, and a murder on my mind. Great.

"Alright, I'm on my way!" She replied and hung up the phone.

I placed my cell in my pocket, grabbed my jacket off my bed and trumbled down the stairs to tell Flore where I'd be.