I'm 13 Years Old... And Pregnant?!

007

Terra arrived at my door not too much later, her hands packed with a bag of chips and 2 chocolate bars, a huge smile on her face. "Surprise!" she screamed, running in and handing me the Aero bar. I smiled, Terra knew Aero was my favorite. "Come on," Terra tugged on my arm, pulling my out the door and slamming it behind her. "Wow wow wow! What's all this about, Ter?" I giggled.

"Well, duh, Breagh... I know a sad mood when I hear one. Now, eat your chocolate, please." She said, unwrapping my Aero and stuffing it in my mouth.

"Mmfff!! Terra!!" I said, trying to chew, laugh and talk at the same time. Terra giggled again, tugging at my arm some more and leading me onto the bus.

"So, what's up?" She asked, giving the bus driver 2 tickets and plopping herself down on a seat.

I sighed. "Terra, it's really complicated. I want to tell you but-"

"But what? Come on, Breagh. I'm you're best friend! At least..." She trailed off, looking down at her shoes.

"Aww, don't be like that, Ter! You know you're my best friend! It's just..." I sighed again, taking a deep breathe. Terra waited. "It's complicated, Terra. I've got all this stress piled up on top of me... first of all, pregnancy is crazy. It hurts even to get up in the morning, I don't even want to think about what month seven or eight or nine will be like! And I've got all these random kids running up to me, asking to feel my belly-" Terra laughed. I frowned.

"Sorry, continue," she whispered.

I sighed for the third time. "No, that's really all I had to say. How's school been for you?"

Terra stared at me, squinting her eyes. "You're lying," she mumbled. "Come on Breagh, tell me what's wrong... you know you can trust me. Please? It can't be that bad..."

I looked down at my feet. There was no lying to Terra. "Yes, it is. Terra, I'd tell you if I could. I just- Oh, we're here. Come on." I stood up, trying not to strain my back, and hopped off the bus. Saved by the mall.

Terra dropped the subject once we walked into the mall. We hit our favorite stores; Terra insisted she buy everything I wanted with her own money. By the end of two hours, we both had bags full of different shoes, accessories and clothing. Terra suggested we get something to eat.
I got a small fry and a Sprite from McDonald's, and she got a doughnut and water for herself. Terra made us sit at a small table at the back of the food court, an isolated area. Uh oh.

"So," Terra said, taking a bite of her doughnut.

"So.." I returned, sipping my Sprite little by little.

"So... Tell me what's wrong Breagh! Please tell me! It's driving me insane!" Terra screamed in my face. Despite her craziness, I sighed.

"Terra..." I drifted off. Okay, I can't hide this anymore. I have to tell her. "Terra, I think I have a hunch who killed my parents." Terra's eyes shot wide open. Who? she mouthed.

I breathed in deeply, closing my eyes. "Rob."

To my surprise, she didn't shriek or scream or start crying. She sat in silence, waiting. I breathed deeply again. "Julian was crying, and screaming Rob's name over and over again. I came over asking him what's wrong, and he said, 'Rob took away mommy and daddy.' It's the first real thing he's said in a while... Terra, he sounded sincere. I believe him, Terra... it sounds stupid but... he sounded completely real. Something about his voice..." I trailed off.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, both of us thinking. "Did you tell Flore?" She whispered finally.

"Yes." I answered blankly. "She didn't believe me, and started screaming at Julian for even saying it. She's not over him, Ter. She won't believe anything bad about him, even if the police prove Julian and I right."

Terra thought for another second. "Have you... investigated the case yet?"

"Yes. I went to Rob's house and everything... something didn't seem right. Beer bottles everywhere. and it seemed as if he hadn't been there for a while.To tell the truth, no one's talked to him in a while, not even Flore. Maybe that's why she didn't even think to believe what Julian said... she's been worried about him."

"That makes sense," Terra said optimistically.

"Yeah," I huffed.

Terra looked at me. "Well, why didn't you want to tell me this? I could help, you know."

"I... I don't know, Ter. I wasn't thinking. Wait - you really would help?"

Terra smiled.

I frowned. "Oh Terra, you don't have to! I don't want to risk you being in danger-"

"Breagh, it's okay," she interrupted. "You're my best friend. I am going to help you. Now... let's get going. The bus comes in 3 minutes." She got up, and motioned for me to follow.

The bus ride wasn't as bad as the ones at school, maybe because talking to Terra made it somewhat bearable. She told me about her new crush, Wizard, although his real name was Mike. She also hinted that after winter break, she'd be joining my school. We both squealed in happiness. Finally, too soon, actually, our stop came. We went our separate ways as she promised to call me tomorrow.

I ran up to my house to find Tallen sitting on the doorsteps. "Tallan!" I grinned, trying to hug him but obviously incapable because of my many bags. He looked up, smiled, and embraced me in his own hug. I was shocked at first, but then dropped my bags and returned the hug.

"Tallen! I've missed you so much!" I smiled.

He smiled back. "Yeah, it's been a while..." He trailed off, obviously leaving something out.

"What is it?" I asked.

He sighed. "Breagh, I came to ask you something..."

"Sure, anything Tallen." I replied, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Will...you..." He started, then turned his head away.

"What is it, Tallen?" I asked again.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked finally.

"Of course I will!" I said, as I pulled him into a huge hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
=/ Sappy.