Status: Never choose money over your family's love.

Love and Money

Ricky's Point of View

I just kept on digging, sure that I would find something. I’m 11, the youngest in my family, and they often think I can’t do anything. I just want to prove them wrong by finding this money. I also want my life back, the way it was before my grandma died. Now it’s like the rest of my family forgot how to love. I erased these thoughts from my mind and looked at Shadow. There was something hanging from her mouth. A piece of paper. I snatched it from her mouth and read it, although a bit was torn.

“ove is ore importAnt than monKey, oops I mean moNey. Be at peace my child.” I noticed something strange about the letters. Some was capitalized where capitalization wasn’t needed. I scanned the sheet and looked at the capitalized letters. “AKNB.” Immediately I knew where the money was. In her bank account. ‘How did she even get a million dollars,’ I wondered. I thought about how I could get the money without letting any of my family know. Yet. I dashed through the back door, to the kitchen phone and dialed my friend’s number. At the corner of my eye, I saw my mother looking my way, suspiciously. “Calling a friend,” I said, and it was partially true. I was actually calling a friend’s parents.