Status: You can't cheat fate.

Psychic Twins

The Prophecy

Layla and Luila always thought they were a bit weird growing up. They were born identical twins on the fourth of July. All through school they always felt a mystical bond between them, no matter how far apart they were. When Layla got the flu, Luila also felt sick. When Luila got a black eye Layla’s eye would also blacken. Back then they didn’t feel as they felt now in high school. Extremely weird. The cheerleaders would play tiny pranks on them. The stuck-up rich kids would ‘accidentally’ shove them sending their books flying. The nerds stared at them awkwardly. And their friends? Well, they didn’t have any. All this madness started a week ago, on November eighth. You see, the two of them always felt that they could somehow predict the future. They thought it was their god-given gift. That week they told every single person they knew to come by the public park at 5:00 p.m., and to spread the word around town. About seventy people showed up, all curious to find out what this was all about. Layla and Luila made their next prediction.

“We think that in two more months the world is going to be destroyed. I and my sister, Luila, have both dreamed this prediction, and most of our predictions come true.”
“We have seen an enormous, gigantic light. It looked bigger than the planet Earth! We think it may have been the sun but we are not sure. We’re just warning everyone ahead of time. Have a nice day!”
The crowd murmured to each other, “Who do they think they are?” and “I’m not listening to these crazy people!” and other stuff that won’t be said.
Layla and Luila’s parents didn’t see this coming. They were hoping, at least, that their daughters would announce that they were pregnant at 15 or something. They didn’t count on having crazy psychics as daughters. The two embarrassed parents didn’t know anything about their daughters’ dreams about predictions. They didn’t even believe in that nonsense!
“Frank, Amanda, you need to take your daughters to a shrink! I’m glad this wasn’t on national T.V.!” cried Mia, a family friend.
That’s just what they did. They set up an appointment with a Dr. Smith. The twins were suspected to show up on November 15th, at 6:30 p.m., a week later.
That’s how they found themselves walking down the school hallways being stared at by even the nerds. When they attended classes the teachers would sometimes ask one of them a question and stare at them expecting some crazy answer. When they finally got home at 4:30 p.m. their parents told them that they were supposed to speak to a shrink.
“Why? What do we have to do that for?” Layla asked.
“I’m not seeing a shrink! We’re not crazy! I can’t believe our own parents would call us crazy!” yelled Luila.
Girls! Calm down! No need to get exited. We paid a large amount of money to this guy and you will talk to him whether you like it or not. He’s the best one in his profession in the whole entire state,” stated their mother.

2 hours later the family walked into Dr. Smith’s office. His eyes were cold and glaring. His head was naked. Not a sign of hair. He had a wide forehead and arched chin. “Please if you wouldn’t mind Mr. and Mrs. Hutcherson, kindly make your way to the door,” Dr. Smith said after a quick handshake with each of them. When they stepped out he began questioning the twins. “When did you two have your first so-called prediction?”
“5 years old,” they both replied.
“What did you predict?”
“That our puppy would get ran over by a car,” said Layla.
“And did he?”
“It was actually a girl sir, and yes, she did.”
“Did you ever have any hate towards this dog?”
“When we first got her I was a little fearful toward her, but eventually I came to love her like she was my sister,” answered Luila.
“So, I assume when you was scared of this dog you wished it to get run over by a car. You didn’t predict this. You just wished it. You don’t know what actually happened since, well, you were five.”
“I beg your pardon, but my sister and I probably have the best memory in this whole country, and I suggest if you don’t want the world to end then you best prepare yourself for the impossible sir.”
“Fine, you don’t want any help? Get out of my office,” and with that he opened the door. “I’m sorry but I cannot help your daughters because they won’t allow me to. I suggest you see someone else, or no one at all for that matter. I don’t think they can ever be helped. Goodbye.” He slammed the door shut in the fuming faces of Frank and Amanda and sat down to work at his computer.