Status: You can't cheat fate.

Psychic Twins

Lola

One month later
December 1st, 2011

The twins were the latest talk in town. As they walked down the street they heard people say stuff like “There goes the Hutcherson twins,” and “Don’t make eye contact with them Lola.” Lola did anyway. Now this girl Lola is going to become as important in this story as Layla and Luila so I had to mention that she did, in fact, make eye contact. Layla caught her eye for a second then looked away. Luila just kept walking, looking straight ahead.
They finally arrived at their destination, the library. Luila pulled her sister to the back of the library. “Shh! I thought I heard footsteps following us before we walked in. “
“Lu, you’re being paranoid. I hope you’re not going crazy like everyone thinks we are.
“No, I’m serious. Shh!”
Layla saw a familiar face peer around the corner of a bookcase.
“Told you!” Luila whispered quite loudly.
“I can hear you guys you know,” said Lola because it was, in fact, her.
“I know you! You’re the girl that was staring at me on the sidewalk!” cried Layla.
“There was a dude with you too. Seemed quite rude in my opinion.”
“My stepbrother. Sorry about that. I’m Lola. I was in the back of the crowd last month when you made your prediction.”
“Great. Someone else calling us crazy,” Luila said.
“No, no! I wasn’t going to call you crazy! I was just going to tell you how I had that same dream!”
“What!?!?” the twins shouted.
They heard footsteps. “SHHH!” whispered the librarian and went back to her desk.
“As I was saying, I had that same dream and I think the world will start to end in January of 2012. I also think we’re related somehow. I was placed in an adoption center when I was days old because the day I was born it was said that my mother went into a coma. The doctor put me into a very nice adoption center until my mother woke up. She finally did a month later, and I had already been adopted. She tried to claim me back, but she didn’t have the papers to prove that I was her blood child. I’ve heard that when she came out of her coma then you, Layla, was born. Then five minutes later, Luila. I’m not exactly sure that you two are my long lost sisters but I’m pretty sure. I’ve been searching all my life for my real parents and my real siblings. My step family has helped me out a lot. They searched the internet for like 3 hours a day for possible girl twins before they finally came across you two. I told them I think you’re it because the computer said you two claim to have psychic vision. Well as I told you, I’m a psychic too. My stepparents thought I was crazy but they took me here anyway, and now that we’ve united, it’s time to save the planet! Who’s with me?”
“Uhh, I’m sorry. This is a lot to process. Would you give me and Lay a minute?” asked Luila.
“Sure guys,” Lola said and she walked to the front of the library and sat down at a table.
“She’s nuts! We don’t know who she is or if she is lying! What if she’s a spy to come and kill us?”
“Lu! Chill out! Stop worrying! Besides, I believe her, and I like the part that I’m older than you.” Layla smiled.
“Fine! But if I end up dead, don’t crying to mom and dad that a strange girl killed me.”
Layla laughed and they walked to the table that Lola was sitting at.
“Are you going to tell your parents about this little encounter? I mean, you can’t tell ours. They’re already embarrassed that they have two psychics. They’re going to be mortified if they find out that they have a long lost daughter who’s also a psychic,” said Layla.
“Of course I’m going to tell them! They’re my parents, after all. I’m going to tell my stepparents too. If I had friends I would tell them. I’m definitely going to tell my stepbrother. He’s been the best brother a girl could have, even if he is sometimes a little annoying. When you saw us, Layla, he told me not to make eye contact so I won’t appear suspicious.”
Lola, how did you get your name? I mean, it’s a little weird that your name starts with an L,” Luila questioned.
“Oh, when your mother, I mean our mother, was in the coma the doctors heard her whispering, ‘Lola. Lola. Lola,’ so that’s what they wrote on my birth certificate,” Lola answered. The twins had forgotten why they came into the library and they remained in there talking and catching up with Lola like old friends for the rest of the day.