Status: You can't cheat fate.

Psychic Twins

The Plan

Over the weeks the weather was getting hotter and hotter. By the end of December, the first month of the winter season, it felt as hot as the Arabian Desert, and the air was stuffy. Lola decided to tell her step family that she found her real family. They was kind of at a loss but gave her their permission to go. The twins decided to pretend that Lola was a friend that needed to stay with them, and you could tell how delighted their parents felt that their daughters finally had a friend over. The twins also told them that Lola’s name was Ashley.
“Ashley there’s some orange juice in the fridge if you’re thirsty, help yourself,” their mom, Amanda, would say. Lola always did because of the fact that it was so hot outside.
“This Christmas was not a white one. No one in the entire planet has seen once inch of snow this winter, Antarctica has begun to melt, and it is blazing outside. This is the hottest temperature in history! This is Will Gilbert with Fox 54 News at ten, one hour earlier.”
“Heard that Hun? It’s burning all over!” shouted Frank.
“I know! This is terrible!” cried Amanda.
“I think the sun is getting closer,” whispered Lola to Layla and Luila. They were bunched up at the kitchen table while Amanda was baking some cookies.
“It’s already January 5th. The world has started to end. What’s causing the sun to get closer? I don’t know, but we need to find out and do something. Fast!” Layla whispered loudly.
“We may need to try and get to the other side of the world. It should be a bit colder since the sun is on this side. We need to try and get to China. Or maybe even Australia! And someone has to come with us or we might be the only people left alive, maybe the kids from our high school. We need to try and persuade them to come with us. Maybe about time we get to China, or Australia, this side will already be up in flames, and if we can we’ll need to get back to this side. The sun can’t come down on the whole Earth at once. Can it?” asked Luila, unsure of herself.
The sisters thought about Luila’s speech for awhile. “Ok. Well try this plan of yours. It’s either live or die trying, but first we’ll need to tell our parents the truth about Lola and what we’re going to do. We’ll also need very fast transportation to get us on the other half of the planet,” said Layla. The other two agreed.