Status: Hello readers, sorry I will not be updating till 5th June (due to exams) hang on until then please:)

The Fortune Teller

This ship of fools I'm on will sink.

Charlotte didn’t know when it started.

When her walls began to crack, showing the flaws.

Two days ago could’ve well been the trigger, the emotional conversation she had with her mother and her mother’s current boyfriend Brian. Charlotte ever since she was seventeen she lived in the bottom of her mother’s garden in a cottage that managed to hold everything for her, quaint yet perfect. But now her mother’s boyfriend brought up the idea of ‘Charlotte needing to move out, at the age of 22 she needs to get away’ the hidden message was clearly ‘fuck off, we are starting a new family and we don’t want you around’. Her mother just agreed with a small smile, believing that her daughter would take this news easy.

What an understatement.

Charlotte made that cottage into her own little home, her beloved grey British shorthair kitty, Zelda and chocolate coloured Daschund ironically named Thor were her fellow residents. All Charlotte had was a small but fitting bedroom with an en suite, average sized living room with 36inch plasma hanging on the wall, then a kitchenette. It was all rather perfect; the past five years Charlotte moulded this cottage into her own haven. And now, because her mother and her idiotic boyfriend want to try for a family, she was getting kicked out.

Charlotte felt royally pissed off. When they told her she needed to look for a flat, she ignored what they were saying and stormed off in a typical teenage fashion. She slammed the door behind her, so the past few days she has hidden in her cottage, watching sad films with Zelda and Thor for cuddles.

Brian never liked Charlotte, and she never liked him. The past year with him hanging around, moving in and fucking around with other women behind her mum’s back and having such a pompous attitude. It has taken Charlotte all lot of will to not kick his arse and unleash hell at him. She knew her mum loved him a lot and was willing for this relationship to not end up like all the others. The more reasons why Charlotte was angry and sulking like the old teenager she is.

Charlotte knew she couldn’t stay holed up in her cottage forever, she had work and a social life that was calling her, and she couldn’t fake sick anymore. Her best friend, Rosie was demanding attention, and when Rosie was demanding attention, she gets it.

Meet me at the Cock dude, 9pm sharp. Be there or u die X

Charlotte let out a groan, she knew she couldn’t miss out on this or she will literally die. Rosie had superpowers or so Charlotte was convinced, Rosie had the power to make anyone feel guilty with just the flicker of her eyelashes, she also had the power to make you happy by just seeing her face and hearing her infectious laugh. Charlotte was happily graced with having such an amazing best friend, who was like her clone but like a polar opposite too.

It was nearly 8pm now, Charlotte got off her couch, trudging towards the bathroom to get ready.

* * *

‘The Cockerel’ is the local pub, or nicknamed the ‘Cock’ by the regulars. It was one of the favourite pubs within a six mile radius, for many reasons, the main reason was that it had its own sports room which held plasma TV screens with Sky Sports running all day every day. It was always busy, especially on Sundays because of the killer Sunday roast dinners that are served. Plus it was Charlotte’s and Rosie’s favourite hangout. They were regular’s that much, that they had their own table.

Charlotte walked into the pub, her eyes wandering towards her beautiful ginger haired friend Rosie who was typically surrounded by a bunch of lads. But there was something different about these lads that were circulating around her. Maybe because they weren’t her usual type, they were covered in ink and few with piercings. Charlotte froze slightly, her face screwed up in confusion. Her best friend was one of those people, who managed to attract attention everywhere. It used to bug Charlotte but now she was used to it. Charlotte was more of an introvert and liked it that way. But being an introvert also means she was very cynical and a bit of a bitch occasionally, Charlotte just liked to blame it on her lack of social skills.

“Lottie!” Rosie called out, her voice slightly squeaky. One of the tell tales that she was almost wasted, lovely. “Come here babe! Meet my friendsss.” She slurred, but still sober enough to imitate the Inbetweeners 'friends' saying, it was both Rosie's and Charlotte's favourite episode and they both overuse the joke of 'friends'.

Charlotte got a pitying stare from Billy the barman, also the owner of the ‘Cock’. He gave Charlotte her usual drink, coke and brandy, free of charge. Since he knew she needed it. Everyone who knew Rosie, knew that she was the biggest lightweight in town.

Charlotte plastered a smile on her face, ignoring Rosie’s tattooed friends, placing her whole attention on her best friend. “Drunk already?”

Rosie giggled, standing up from her chair, wrapping her arms around Charlotte in a tight hug. Charlotte looked like a deer caught in the headlights, she was not expecting this. Rosie was a touchy drunk, flirty and emotional, a bad mix, every time she was drunk Charlotte always forgets to mentally prepare herself.

“Ro, let go of me please.” Charlotte muttered, trying to tug away from her friend.

“Sorry silly girl.” Rosie giggled, sitting back down in her chair. “Oy, Tom move out of your seat, I want my Lottie to sit next to me.” Rosie pouted at the blue eyed boy.

The boy almost looked relieved to know he didn’t have to sit next to her. He jumped out of his chair and moved to sit next to one of the many tattooed boys. Charlotte found herself groaning as she slumped in her seat. She placed her drink on the table before she pulled off her winter parka coat, hanging it off the back of her chair, revealing her over sized Pink Floyd t shirt and black skinny jeans, totally underdressed compared to Rosie's black dress. But then again, Charlotte was still feeling sloppy, she wasn't in the mood for dresses, plus she was not here to impress.

Rosie squealed, wrapping one arm around Charlotte’s shoulder, planting a sloppy kiss on her cheek.

“Ro, give it a rest. Come on, people are going to think we are lesbians, oh my.” Charlotte groaned, trying to pull away from her friend once again.

“Lesbians?! My Lottie, how insulting, you know I like the cock.” Rosie said, before realising the pun, “Cock, ohmygawd like this pub and the boys.” She found herself lost in her unstoppable laughter.

Charlotte took a swig of her drink, rolling her eyes at her friend’s behaviour. She ran a hand through her blonde hair, fiddling with a curl of her hair as she surveyed the faces in front of her.

“Seriously Ro,” Charlotte sighed. They all looked quite stunned at her drunkenness. “I hope this is a lesson to you all, never give her alcohol.”

One of the boys, sitting next to the blue eyed boy, he too had his fair share of in tattoo’s visible, dark blonde hair and a cheeky smile. “I wish you would’ve told us that an hour ago.” His accent was Australian, “I am Jona.”

Charlotte cracked a small smile. “Well you found out the hard way, lesson well learnt. I am Charlotte, do not call me Lottie.” She said, with a deadpanned expression.

“I am Tom.” The blue eyed boy spoke up, giving Charlotte a warm smile, “this is Matt,” he gestured to the boy beside him.

“I can handle myself, Tom. I am not a twat.” Matt glared at Tom, before letting out a rumble of laughter.

It must have been some sort of inside joke because all the boys cracked a smile. In the end, she managed to get their names wrapped around her head matched with the right person, there was another Matt but was called Vegan, Lee then a sulky guy who might’ve been called Oliver, if Charlotte could recall correctly.

“So you’re Jona?” Charlotte asked, before continuing their conversation.

“No, am Matt. Jesus, I am not the fricken’ Aussie.” Matt said, his eyes almost bulging out of his head.

Jona let out a laugh. “And what’s wrong with being an Aussie?”

“Everythin’ and its best fuckin’ mate.” Tom snorted, rolling his gorgeous blue eyes.

There was something about Tom that comforted Charlotte, she thought he was very good looking but he just had a friendly vibe that Charlotte caught onto. Charlotte was very good at reading people, by their body language or just how they act in certain situations. This leads her to become a fast judger, which is unlucky for others because they are immediately judged harshly. But Tom was one of those people that you just look at and know that he is a good person, but the ink covered man Tom was sitting next to, didn’t settle with Charlotte. He was quite quiet, almost brooding. He didn’t openly converse with anyone, apart from Tom. Everyone kind of just left him be which seemed fair for him. Charlotte couldn’t not look at him openly he was very attractive that type of attractiveness that gets you flustered, beautiful deep chocolate coloured brown eyes and perfect bone structure that made Charlotte scrutinize him with envy. Even though he was very quiet, he had this vibe of arrogance about him too.

“Lottie, my dear, guess what?” Rosie shouted, throwing her arms around Charlotte’s body.

Charlotte groaned inwardly, she plastered another great big smile on her face for Rosie. “Go on Ro, please tell me.”

Rosie whispered loudly. “I am going to stay at yours tonight. My mam won’t let me in looking like this.”
Charlotte rolled her eyes, she knew for well that Rosie’s Mam Mrs Danbury, would not like to see her daughter in the state that she is in.

“Okay, but that doesn’t mean you can get so far gone.” Charlotte said sternly, rolling her eyes once again.

Rosie nodded her head, before withdrawing her arms and turning to enthusiastically talk to Lee.

“So Charlie, we can call yeh Charlie right?” Tom asked, raising one eyebrow.

“Yeah, that is fine.” Charlotte nodded her head, a small smile on her face.

“Right, since I take it that we will be seeing more of yeh, might as well get to know yeh. Tell us somethin’ about yehself.” Matt said, his eyes narrowing down on Charlotte.

Charlotte shifted awkwardly in her seat, realising almost everyone’s eyes were on her apart from Rosie’s and Lee’s, even broody boy was looking at her. She took a swig of her drink before lifting her gaze on the lads.

“I guess, I am twenty two, I work part time at a Ballet school with kids, uh my family is complicated and I have a sausage dog called Thor and a cat called Zelda.” Charlotte mumbled, tracing patterns on the table.

“No boyfriend then?” Vegan asked. His eyes wide with amusement, he waggled his eyebrows.

“Nope, I am a single pringle.” Charlotte cracked a smile at this.

“Great, because taken girls are so boring. Like remember when Robyn was with her boyfriend, god she was such an uptight bitch.” Jona groaned.

“Ey, don’t talk about Oli’s lass like tha’.” Tom intervened, with a mock disapproving glance on his face.

“She is not my lass.” Oliver grumbled. His chocolate eyes hardening as he stared down at his brother.

“Mate, get over her, she is a waste of yeh time anyway.” Vegan said, trying to give Oliver a supportive look.

Charlotte bit her lip, pretending to not acknowledge it. It wasn’t any of her business anyway. But it did seem that this Robyn character was well known amongst the lads, especially with Oliver. She must’ve done something bad to him if he is acting the way he is. Charlotte wanted to ask something but glancing at Oliver’s expression, she thought better. She finished off her drink, the brandy hitting her hard now.

“How do you guys know each other?” Charlotte asked, trying to change the subject.

She noticed in the corner of her eye that Oliver sighed with relief. She noticed that the lads all had a smirk on their faces, oh boy, what did I get myself into? Charlotte thought.

“Well, we are in a band, in the metal hardcore scene.” Matt said, smiling proudly.

Charlotte found a grin on her face. “Seriously?”

“Yeh apart from Tom though he gegs in with his damn photography.” Vegan pointed out, giving Tom a mock punch.

“And ‘cus his brother is the fuckin’ singer too.” Matt smirked.

Tom rolled his eyes. “I can never get a fuckin’ break with these guys.” Tom whispered loudly to Charlotte, shooting her a wink.

Charlotte let out a laugh, nodding her head in agreement. The banter between them was constant. They all bounced off each other. Insults thrown along with sly digs too, but it was all affectionate. Charlotte could tell if you didn't at least get called one offensive word, you weren’t respected by them. Charlotte needn’t to worry because she was soon sinking her way into their company finding comfort in this amusement repartee.

“I can tell. Now which one of you charming fuckers is going to buy me another drink?” Charlotte asked them, a smirk playing on her lips.

Both Matt and Jona jumped at the chance to get Charlotte’s drink. But Matt won with his excuse to getting himself another pint of beer.

“Coke and Brandy please.” Charlotte smiled widely. Matt nodded his head, walking towards Billy.

“We like yeh Charlie, you’re a rad lass.” Vegan smirked.

Charlotte rolled her eyes playfully, putting a hand to her chest. “You certainly know a way into a girl’s heart.”

Rosie turned her attention away from Lee, and winked at Charlotte. “I told you guys that my girl is pretty much brutal, and you didn’t believe me.” She grinned wickedly.

“Ey, in our defence though Ro, yeh tried to get a tranny to befriend us last time we went out with yeh.” Tom said.

“Hmm, whatever Trevor.” Rosie snorted.
♠ ♠ ♠
A new story, been writing for a while, since I practically fell in love with Oliver Sykes, the plus about this story as its based in England I can make it more realistic. The chapters will be slow, but will get there, hopefully. It won't be a long story, well I hope not. Please subscribe and recommend(:

Rosie Danbury
Zelda the kitty
Thor the doggy