Status: Hello readers, sorry I will not be updating till 5th June (due to exams) hang on until then please:)

The Fortune Teller

I'm burning like a bridge for your body.

Waking up is probably one of Charlotte’s least favourite things. When she was younger, her mother had to drag her out of bed in order to make her attend school on time. But waking up with Oliver, definitely got her out of bed. She was worried whether she smelt or her breath stunk or she was putting too much pressure on Oliver.

She knew he was still away in his dreams. His breathing has not yet faltered. Also she couldn’t just wait here and watch him sleep, that would be too creepy for her liking. Charlotte gently rolled out of her bed, careful to not jostle him. She padded softly out of her bedroom, grabbing her onesie on the way out so she could change.

Once she was changed into her onesie, fresh and clean from her shower too, she walked downstairs. Noticing that Rissa never came home, since her stuff from Christmas was still dotted around the room in a mess and that their pets weren’t fed. Charlotte poured Thor his bowl of dog food. She then got the awful stench of jelly tuna for Zelda and Toby. Charlotte sent a praise to the pet God, luckily the rabbit wasn’t in their flat yet, hopefully Tom will keep it at his flat otherwise their house would slowly start to become some pet zoo.

Charlotte poured herself a bowl of coco pops. Thankfully she didn’t drink that much last night so she still had her appetite. She turned up the radio, finding that listening to the radio was bearable now that Christmas was over. She probably would’ve killed someone if she heard ‘All I Want For Christmas is You’ another time but knowing Charlotte, she would love the song by the time Christmas rolls round again next year.

Charlotte sunk into deep thoughts, by next year. Where could she be? If she managed to get the part of Clara, would she be in Paris next Christmas? Would she even still be with Oliver? Charlotte chided herself, “think about the present not the future”.

It was almost midday when Oliver finally rolled out of bed, his hair was stuck up on end, he was shirtless and wearing his drop dead boxers. Charlotte threw a blanket at him before she could ogle him unabashedly.

“Are you nuts? It’s like 70 minus degrees in here.” Charlotte smiled.

Oliver grumbled, probably still half asleep, he plonked beside Charlotte on the couch, pressing her close to him.

“Ah get this shite off the television now.” Oliver groaned as he realised what he was watching.

Charlotte smacked the back of his head. “Shut up. And no, I happen to love this shite.”

Oliver rolled his eyes, he tugged on her foot. “If we don’t leave now, we will never get to yeh Dad’s, so get ready.”

Charlotte glared at him, moving off the couch slowly. “I don’t want to go. I wanna spend the day on the couch with you.” Charlotte pouted.

“I’d love to spend the day on the couch with yeh too, but yeh need to see yeh family.” Oliver said, trying not to laugh at Charlotte’s ridiculous pout.

Charlotte forced herself up the stairs and into her bedroom. She finally decided on wearing a plain navy leather skater skirt with a light pink t shirt tucked into her skirt. She put her woolly mix matched coloured oversized cardigan. All to keep her warm, she should really remind Rissa to sort out the central heating in their flat.

“You ready Oli?!” Charlotte shouted.

“Yeah.” Oliver poked his head round the door. She noted that he was dressed, in clothes he was not wearing yesterday. Oliver caught her surveying gaze and nodded his head slightly. “I er, have spare clothes here in Riss’s room.”

Charlotte nodded, making perfect sense. She was sure he was not quick enough to go home and change, he was like a girl with the time he spent trying to get ready. But he looked handsome today, his hair was an ultimate bed head, he had a brown fitted jumper on along with his dark blue denim skinny jeans with his vans. Charlotte could spend a lifetime marvelling at his tattoos too, how fucking cliché is she getting? Charlotte groaned, ignoring every thought, she won’t become one of these worshipping girlfriends, she can’t.

“Come on slow coach.” Oliver said, clapping his hands to snap Charlotte out of her thoughtful daze.

“Fuck off, don’t clap at me, I ain’t some dog.” Charlotte narrowed her eyes at him, ignoring his laughter.

“Yeh are my bitch.” Oliver grinned cheekily.

Charlotte snorted. “And you’ll go to the dog house if this continues.”

Oliver continued laughing as they walked towards her car. Charlotte slid into the driver’s seat, watching Oliver fiddle around in the passenger seat. He placed Brand New Déjà Entendu CD into the CD player, his grin slowly fading into a relaxed smile.

“One of the best albums that Brand New have done.” Oliver sighed, closing his eyes slightly.

Charlotte didn’t start driving, instead she watched him absorb the music that was filling her car, the soft voice of Jesse Lacey singing the only lyric in Tautou. She wondered if the way she felt about dancing was the same as what Oliver was felt about music, maybe more. Charlotte wasn’t sure if dancing was going to be her main plan where as Oliver seemed as sure as anything that music will always be his main career, even with his side projects and success of Drop Dead. It must be nice to have that one thing you could always rely on; Charlotte didn’t think she had anything that stable.

“I beg to differ I think, The Devil and God Are Raging Inside of Me is probably one of their best.” Charlotte said, she side glanced at him when the car paused idly at the traffic lights.

Oliver raised both his eyebrows at her. “Fair point, but I think Déjà Entendu shows the maturity of Jesse Lacey’s song writin’.”

Charlotte shrugged, speechless in how to respond back. Instead she moved the topic slightly. “So when am I going to see Bring Me the Horizon live?”

Oliver opened both eyes as he looked at her with a wry grin. “Whenever I see you dance.”

Charlotte glared at him. “Sure.”

It was nearly ten minutes before Charlotte pulled up outside her father’s house, she cut the engine. She noticed the blinds in the front living room flicker, someone was definitely snooping. She could only wonder at how this would go. It was luck that her dad knew Oliver, but not as Charlotte’s boyfriend. But then again after Polly’s reaction when she realised who Oliver was. Charlotte repressed a groan, what has she let them both in for?

“We haven’t got all day.” Oliver sang into Charlotte’s ear.

Charlotte was about to snap at him, but the slight turn of her head and Oliver captured her lips with his. A short sweet kiss, sending electric tingles all round her body. Charlotte pulled away, a beaming smile on her face.

“Let’s show our faces then.” Charlotte said, grumbling softly to herself.

Oliver watched her with amusement, as he got out of the car. He slung his arm round her shoulder, pulling her close to his side. Charlotte looked up at him with a grin. She didn’t even press the doorbell, because the door was always open.

“Heeeeeeeellllllllllllo.” Charlotte shouted into the house, expecting them to jump out.

Instead she saw a nervous Ava poke her head round the door, before shuffling backwards, Charlotte heard a few more shuffle of footsteps and shoving, mixed with ouches before Lucy came out of the room wearing the biggest grin ever. Charlotte groaned inside her head, she really didn’t know what to do.

“Charlotte! Sweetie!” Lucy shouted, grabbing Charlotte into a big motherly hug. “And you are Oliver, I think we’ve met a couple of times but never introduced as little Lottie’s boyfriend.” Lucy winked at her, before pulling a stunned Oliver into a hug. “Now, Ricky! Get here now and greet your daughter and her fella!”

Charlotte mouthed a ‘sorry’ at Oliver, who let out a chuckle. He kissed the top of her head and squeezed her hand, it seemed that she was more nervous with him meeting her family than he was.

“Charlotte!” Her dad boomed as he walked towards them, grabbing her into a hug, kissing her cheek. “Merry Christmas darlin’.” He shook hands with Oliver, grinning at him. “Nice to see yeh Oliver, how’s yeh old man doin’?”

Oliver smiled at ease. “He’s fine, time has finally caught up with him, and all he does is complain about his back.”

Ricky nodded his head in agreement. “Don’t bloody blame him.”

Charlotte smiled as she watched them converse easily. She wandered into the kitchen, following the delicious smell of Lucy’s cooking. She saw both Ava and Polly there helping their mum with the cooking for once.

Charlotte raised both her eyebrows at this. “What do they want?” Charlotte asked Lucy.

“I don’t know yet, they got enough yesterday off Santa, so they aren’t getting any more until their bloody birthdays.” Lucy rolled her eyes.

“Excuse me, I wanted to help my mum with the cooking, where’s the crime in that?” Polly asked, raising her voice.

Charlotte laughed. “Hun, ‘I wanted to help’ that’s the worrying phrase in what you said.”

Polly shot a glare at Charlotte, huffing. “Whatever.”

“What crawled up her arse and died?” Charlotte whispered to Ava.

Ava giggled loudly. Polly shot them both nasty glares. Charlotte wiped the grin off her face and played an innocent act.

“She broke up with that boyfriend of hers again.” Ava muttered. “She won’t tell anyone but I found out yesterday because of Facebook.”

Charlotte nodded her head. “Damn, I should’ve checked that.”

“He was a dick anyway.” Ava said.

“I can imagine, she doesn’t have good taste.” Charlotte said honestly.

“I am in hearing distance I hope you both realise that!” Polly shouted.

It was only those three in the kitchen. Lucy was upstairs, rustling round. Just as she shouted that, Oliver walked in, a questioning gaze sent Charlotte’s way, who smiled sheepishly.

“Poll and Ava this is Oliver and Oli, this is Polly and Ava, my half sisters.” Charlotte smiled.

“Basically like full sisters, because she is a pain in the fuckin’ butt.” Polly narrowed her eyes at Charlotte, a small smile on her face.

“You wouldn’t have me any other way.” Charlotte stuck out her tongue.

Oliver chuckled, she watched as Polly acted fairly normal, not like she was when she first saw Oliver and Tom at their father’s garage shop, when she talked with Oliver, along with Ava who just flew wasn’t as shy as Charlotte thought she’d be, Oliver was asking questions about how they spent their Christmas and them asking him too.

“Yeah, she fell asleep near the end of the night.” Oliver chuckled, elbowing Charlotte.

“She’s always done that, like it would hit midnight and she’s conked out full blown snoring.” Ava giggled.

Charlotte blushed heavily, her cheeks aflame. “I do not snore.”

“Babe, yeh kinda do.” Oliver grinned, kissing her cheek.

Charlotte moved away from him, shoving him aside. “No, you can piss off now.”

Ava and Polly were in fits of giggles. Oliver was wrapping his arms round Charlotte’s waist, kissing her neck. Charlotte couldn’t help but melt in his arms, she had to smile at the fact that Oliver managed to slide into her father’s family’s life pretty easily.

“Sorry...” Oliver trailed off. “Not sorry.”

Charlotte stomped on his foot and stuck out her tongue. Oliver winced slightly, but stuck his tongue out at her too.

“Charlie, leave the poor boy alone and face up to the fact that you do in fact snore darling.” Lucy said as she walked into the kitchen.

Charlotte glared at them all, crossing her arms stubbornly. “Whatever, okay I snore. At least I admit it.”

Oliver laughed, kissing her forehead. “Prick,” Charlotte muttered, only for his ears to hear.

Ricky came bundling into the kitchen with a happy grin on his face. “Did I tell yeh that yeh Nana and Grumpy Granddad is coming today?” He asked innocently.

Charlotte’s eyes bulged, not quite understanding Ricky’s happiness of this. If there was one word to describe her Nana, there isn’t simply just one. She was like Ricky, light hearted and loved everyone. Her Nana was always a main part of Charlotte’s life, but was always quiet and reserved. Then her Granddad, otherwise known as Grumpy Granddad, he was the best Granddad ever. When Charlotte was young, just after her parents split, her Granddad used to take her out for day trips, to Wales or to Liverpool or if they were both feeling adventurous it would be a overnight stay in London. Even though Charlotte hardly ever saw much of her Granddad now, especially the past few years, Charlotte loved both her Grandparents

It now filled her with nerves, of course her Dad approved of Oliver, as did her sisters and Lucy, now it was her Grandparents or her Granddad more so. Oliver glanced at Charlotte, his gaze not faltering the least, which was just what Charlotte needed.

“No, I think you failed to mention that Dad.” Charlotte narrowed her eyes at him.

The door bell rang, announcing their arrival. Ricky grinned at Charlotte, chuckling to himself as he walked towards the front door. Oliver raised an eyebrow at Charlotte, his arm still wrapped around her waist.

“Should I be scared?” Oliver asked her in a low voice.

Charlotte looked up at him through her eyelashes, pressing a kiss to his neck. “No, just be prepared though.”

“Why don’t you lot get yourself settled at the dining table?” Lucy asked.

“Sure.” Ava mumbled, walking into the dining room, followed by Polly and then Oliver and Charlotte.

Charlotte made sure that Oliver would be sitting next to her, then Ava opposite and Polly opposite Oliver. Nerves settled in, she knew her grandparents would approve of Oliver, they remember of her father’s musician lifestyle so they should not be fazed by it all. But it was her grandparents and that meant that Oliver was becoming an important part of her life and was slowly embedding himself in her family’s life. It made Charlotte feel much older and more scared by that fact.

“Is Charlie here?” Her Nan asked very loudly, but quiet for her.

“Yes, she is with her fella, so be on your best behaviour.” Lucy laughed.

“I don’t need to be on me best behaviour, I tell yeh what I am gonna speak words with that girl, she hasn’t visited us in donkeys years, she has probably grown a horn on her head and I wouldn’t bloody know.” Her Granddad grumbled just as loudly.

Charlotte’s cheeks flushed, she noticed them both walking into the dining room. Their eyes landing on Charlotte then to Oliver then back to Charlotte. Her Nan squealed with delight.

“Charlotte dear, how beautiful do you look. I heard about your ballet audition in Paris, I knew you would be a star from the first moment.” Her Nan gushed.

Charlotte stood up and embraced her in a hug, her cheeks still aflame. She hugged her Granddad who mumbled under his breath about her being still a toddler to him.

“And this is Oliver, my boyfriend.” Charlotte squeaked.

Her Nan gave Oliver a hug, to which he wore a startled expression. Charlotte smiled widely, and then her Granddad shook hands with him. Nothing embarrassing said... yet.

“Sit, sit please.” Lucy chirped. “I am bringing in our starters now.”

Charlotte’s Granddad sat beside her, with her Dad sat at the head of the table. Her Nan sat opposite her Granddad and beside Ava, with a space waiting for Lucy at the opposite head of the table. Charlotte’s was wringing her hands nervously in her lap, her eyes darting around the room, not yet comfortable. She gnawed on her lip, she was sure she forgotten something. Her eyes darted to the empty plate in a blind panic, did she tell Lucy that Oliver was vegetarian? Oh shit, she didn’t. Her hands started to sweat as her bottom lip trembled. This dinner was going to be a disaster.

Oliver must’ve noticed the panic in Charlotte’s eyes, as he placed his hand over her hands, stopping her from wringing them. Charlotte looked at Oliver, who smiled softly. She calmed down a bit but was still in a daze of worry.

“So Charlotte, how did you two meet?” Her Nan asked, her eyes landing curiously on Oliver.

Charlotte glanced at Oliver with a sheepish smile before facing her Nan. “We met through Rosie. Her boyfriend is in Oli’s band. And yeah...” She trailed off, not knowing what else to say.

“Aw Rosie, she is a wonderful girl, we like her don’t we Robert.” Her Nan grinned, her eyes flickering towards her Granddad.

“Yeah, she has one hell of a gob on her, never shuts up if I remember her correctly.” Granddad said.

Charlotte cracked a smile as did Oliver.

“Yeh, that’s Rosie.” Dad chuckled.

Lucy came in then with bowls of vegetable soup, settled them in front of everyone. She then settled down in her own chair.

“Bon appetite.” Lucy grinned.

Charlotte caught Lucy’s eye, and flickered pointedly towards Oliver and then his bowl. Lucy nodded her head slowly, mouthing ‘I know, relax’. Charlotte’s stiff posture sagged with relief.

By the time their dessert rolled round, there was no awkwardness lingering in the room, it was fairly normal which was pleasant. Since it was a special occasion, Ava brought down the box of cards and proposed a game of Bullshit.

“Okay, you all know how to play correct? If not remember its challenging other players by calling-out ‘bullshit’, but whoever is wrong has to pick up all the cards in the middle.” Ava said, as she sorted the cards out.

Everyone looked at each other conspiringly. Charlotte knew her sisters tell tale signs of when they are ‘bullshitting’ but her father is rather undefeated. Lucy backed out of the game, as did their Nan, they both decided to clean up instead.

Charlotte eyed her Granddad suspiciously, as she watched him wink to her Dad. Oliver was careful with hiding his cards. He had the perfect poker face, where as Polly and Ava were giggling everytime they lied.

“Bullshit.” Charlotte said, after Ava put down ‘two eights of spades’ but that was a downright lie because Charlotte had two of them and Polly had one.

Ava burst into giggles. “Ooops.” She picked up the rest of the cards.

Towards the end, Charlotte had a few cards but kept getting called out by Oliver, who noticed her little give way which is her biting her tongue after she lies. Then Granddad gave up and stormed out of the room, when Polly called ‘Bullshit’ and he didn’t want to collect all of the cards. Their Dad had two cards left, as did Oliver, where as Polly had five, same amount as Charlotte and Ava had the most at seven. They were all eyeing each other suspiciously. Charlotte had lost count of which cards have gone down and which haven’t.

“Bullshit!” Both Polly and Charlotte called out, at their Dad.

“Ha!” Dad jumped up from his seat. “I didn’t lie!” He highfived Oliver, “girls, I think you both forgot that Oli, here can lie too.”

Charlotte furrowed her brows as she turned to look at Oliver, who was smirking at them all. She slapped his leg, crossing her arms stubbornly.

“I am not playing another game.” Polly said stubbornly.

Charlotte nodded in agreement, as did Ava. Both Oliver and Dad laughed, grinning from eye to eye.

“You should have been helping me to win.” Charlotte groaned, as they both walked to get ready to leave.

“I would’ve babe, but yeh father called on me for help first, its bros before hoes.” Oliver winked.

Charlotte glared at him mockingly. “Fine then, I’ll remember that next time you try to kiss me.” She walked away from him, placing the presents for the family in the living room as Lucy gave her, her presents.

A swift kiss on the cheek and a tight hug from Lucy, then promises made to her Grandparents to visit with Oliver when they come back from Paris. Ava and Polly hugged her in farewell as did her Dad, mumbling about her still being his little girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
First off, I can't ignore the fact that I have been neglecting this story (WHICH IS SO BAD BECAUSE NOW I FEEL GUILTY) but don't worry I will try my hardest to not neglect it any further and leave you, my beeaaautiful readers (subscribers, whatever you prefer) waiting.
I must admit I don't like this chapter because this is the one I found hardest to write (for no particular reason either). So if it drags/has no real point, don't worry because the next few chapters should pick up and the story should continue to flow!
And because its Easter break, I am hoping to spend a lot of time going over this story and write loads and loads of chapters:)
Also I have been messing with an idea for another story, but trying not to pursue it any further, mainly because I want to finish this story ideally before starting another. (Its going to be another Oli Sykes story, ooops) Let me know what you guys think of another story.
Anyway, thank you for sticking with me and you will not be disappointed! I can assure you!
(and big hugs and thank yous round to those that have recommended this story, like 43, that's amazing, I'd never think this story would get that many, so big hugs all round)