Status: Hello readers, sorry I will not be updating till 5th June (due to exams) hang on until then please:)

The Fortune Teller

You stupid girl, can't believe you fake it .

Madame Lavelle had two expressions; almost pleased and almost almost pleased. So far, she could’ve turned herself into a dancing monkey and there would be no change in Madame Lavelle’s emotion. Charlotte had thrown herself into preparing for this audition, after missing at least two weeks worth of practice, she knew Madame Lavelle was not happy.

“Stop slouching.” Madame Lavelle shouted.

Charlotte lifted her chin up and rolled her shoulders back, trying to perfect her brisé.

“Luca stop smirking. And help her straighten her spine.” Madame Lavelle ordered.

Luca’s silly little smirk soon fell off his face as he walked towards Charlotte, placing his hands on her waist.

Charlotte sighed heavily, her back was aching. Her muscles felt like they’ve been stretched, torn and ripped apart. Her eyes flickered towards the clock, only ten more minutes and this hell will be over. Charlotte felt quite saddened that she didn’t have the same thrill of ballet as she used too, there was a time when she would never want her dance lessons to end, ever. Now here she was, preparing for this audition. It filled her with an unusual sense of dread, not that she would ever admit this to anyone. More so because they all believed that this is what she is destined to become.

“Charlie, dear, sorry to interrupt Madame Lavelle but I need Charlie’s hand with helping one of my students.” Scarlett said ever so politely.

Madame Lavelle sighed, throwing her hands into the air. “Sure, sure, disparaître.”

Charlotte shot Scarlett a thankful smile. She moved away from Luca, grabbing her bag and following Scarlett into the main ballet studio. This is where all the little children were practicing for the dance show next week. Charlotte placed her bag aside, she smoothed down stray hairs and tightened her bun before throwing herself into something she loved. This was teaching children ballet, the reason why she loves this more than doing it herself is that she can watch that familiar light in certain students eyes. The way they can move so elegantly and even at the age of seven can convey emotion through their performance, this is what Charlotte missed about ballet.

“You needed to escape, as much as I love Madame Lavelle, it seemed like she would’ve driven you to your death.” Scarlett winked at Charlotte.

Charlotte let out a laugh, nodding her head before helping a little girl with her balance.

***

“How was-”

“Shit.” Charlotte interrupted Oliver’s question, already knowing what he was going to ask.

Oliver laughed, kissing Charlotte’s temple. “Don’t worry Charlie. Yeh will be perfect when Paris comes round.”

But I don’t want to be perfect, I don’t want to even audition anymore, Charlotte so desperately wanted to say. But she couldn’t say that. Otherwise what would Charlotte be without her ‘prima ballerina’ reputation? So she stayed mute and plastered on a fake smile.

“How do yeh fancy a date tonight, just us?” Oliver asked.

Charlotte raised both her eyebrows in surprise, she was not expecting that. She just wanted to curl up in bed with Thor and Zelda, but looking at Oliver’s eager smile, there was no way she could let him down. Besides, it was Oliver. He gave her warm tingly feelings when everything felt shit.

“Yes, I would love too.”

They were both settled, sat opposite each other in their own private booth at the back of this fancy retro organic restaurant. Charlotte put on one of her finest dresses, blood red that fell short above her knees and had a v neck dip that showed a modest amount of cleavage. She was saving this dress for a truly special occasion and seeing Oliver’s face when she walked down the stairs, was so worth it.

Oliver couldn’t keep his eyes off of her even as they sat down in the restaurant. His hand was intertwined with hers. Oliver challenged every other man’s eyes as soon as they landed on his Charlotte. If Charlotte knew she would get this reaction off of him, she would’ve worn this dress sooner.

“Yeh look utterly beautiful tonight,” he told her for the tenth time, “Charlotte.” He finished off, him saying her whole name sent shivers down her spine.

Charlotte blushed, her cheeks turning into a furious red, exact colour of her dress. It was a good thing that she didn’t put any blush on. Otherwise she would be a walking tomato.

“Shush, Oli.” Charlotte smiled meekly, attempting to immerse herself with the menu.

Oliver grinned wickedly, he knew the effect he had on her and yet he did nothing to stop it.

“I like the sound of this tofu noodle soup mix with sushi.” Charlotte mused.

“I like the look of yeh.” Oliver grinned.

Charlotte blushed deeply, hiding her face with the menu now. Oliver was laughing his socks off.

“Correction, I love the look of yeh.” Oliver murmured.

Charlotte froze. Did he just indirectly tell her that he loves her? Wait, or did Charlotte mishear? Charlotte pulled the menu away from her face, so that only her eyes was visible. She probably looked comical but she was stunned, her mouth formed a ‘o’ shape.

“Sir, Madame, what would you like to order?” The waitress asked.

Charlotte didn’t know whether to thank the waitress for diverting the conversation or slap her silly. Oliver’s face was not impressed, if he didn’t have his mother’s wits about him, he probably would’ve throttled the poor waitress.

“I would lo-” Charlotte stumbled across the ‘love’ word, quickly changing it to, “like to have tofu noodle soup with a side of California rolls please.”

“I will have the same, minus the side order, instead having garlic bread.” Oliver faked a polite smile.

“What drinks will you have accompanying your meal?” The waitress asked, collecting the menus from their hands.

“A bottle of red Cabernet Sauvignon to share between us please,” Charlotte finished off, with a polite smile.

“Great, I am Trish so call on me if you want anything.” Trish the waitress eyed Oliver then.

Charlotte’s nostrils flared with anger, luckily Oliver’s eyes was only on hers as he shrugged the waitress away. Charlotte calmed herself down, deep breaths.

“Yeh are jealous.” Oliver smirked, “is that a green eyed monster I see before me?”

Charlotte glared at him, she smirked at him. “At least I am not the only jealous one, I am quite aware of when I move I get a lot of watchful eyes.”

Oliver’s eyes darkened if it was possible. “Fair point.” His lips twitched into a small smile.

Charlotte’s lip mimicked his actions and kissed his knuckles.

“But jealousy is a good look on you.” Charlotte grinned.

Oliver rolled his eyes. “It’s only a week till we go to Paris.”

Charlotte’s face froze. Paris she had to admit was very exciting, maybe not the audition as so much. When she didn’t speak for at least a minute, Oliver looked worried. Charlotte played it off with a smile.

“I am nervous for the audition but to be in Paris with you, is exciting.” Charlotte finished, her eyes landing on Oliver’s.

“It will be, don’t worry.” Oliver grinned, his eyes twinkling mischievously.

“What have you got rolled up your sleeve?” Charlotte asked.

“Yeh will find out in time.”

Charlotte was on two glasses of wine by the time their main arrived, at this time and she was tipsy border lining drunk. Oliver watched her with amusement, they barely managed to finish their main, as Charlotte was in stitches over people watching.

“I feel like a stalker.” Oliver smiled.

Charlotte grinned, her cheeks felt like they were aching or to fall off. Oliver excused himself to go to the toilet, leaving Charlotte with her thoughts. She flickered through her social media on her phone, checking her Twitter, seeing Rissa tagged her in a tweet ‘Have gud night with your hoe @CharlieLaurelle’. Charlotte smiled at this, then flicked onto her instagram, noticing she was tagged in a lot more photographs, there was one with her and Oliver from last night at her flat on Oliver’s instagram. Charlotte barely recognised herself as she was half asleep sitting on Oliver’s lap, with Matt photobombing slash derping in the picture. Charlotte grinned, she really liked that picture.

Buzz. Buzz. Buzzzzzz. Buzz.

Charlotte narrowed her eyes as her phone vibrated in her hand. She must’ve received a text message, she flicked onto the message.

UNKNOWN NUMBER
One of my personal faves xoxo


Charlotte narrowed her eyes as she clicked onto the photo that was attached to the text message. Her mouth falling open slightly as she stared blankly at the photo attached. It was Robyn. There was no denying it was anyone else. Robyn was standing in front of a bed that looked similarly like Oliver’s. She was dressed in lingerie that was the red lingerie that Robyn bought Charlotte for secret Santa. It was definitely a self taken photo.

Charlotte sobered up quickly. She stared blankly at the text. It must’ve been from Robyn. But why now when she was so happy for once? Was the photo recent? Or was it from during their ‘friends with benefits’ stage? And the lingerie that was given to Charlotte at Christmas was used, this way to spite Charlotte more.

Charlotte couldn’t speak. The words were lost. She didn’t know whether to run off in tears or to ask Oliver what the fuck is this picture. Charlotte was stuck. And she didn’t like it. It made her feel sick in her stomach. That bob in her throat came back, her eyes welling with unshed tears.

She saw Oliver walk out of the toilet, paying the bill of the meal and walk towards their table. Charlotte blinked her eyes quickly, taking deep breaths whilst making her mind up with one of the hardest decisions she’s had to make recently. She wasn’t going to confront him.

She was going to ignore the picture even exists.

Charlotte was happy now.

And she will be happy, nothing will stop it especially now.

“Yeh ready to leave?” Oliver asked as he held out a hand for Charlotte to take.

Charlotte plastered on a fake, Oscar deserved smile. She could ignore this. She will be happy.

“Yes, Oli.” Charlotte took his hand, collecting her phone and clutch bag.

“Yeh okay? Yeh looked a bit shaken when I was paying off the bill.”

No. “Yes I am fine. Just read some disturbing story on Twitter.” She lied.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a really short chapter in comparison with my other chapters of this story. But oooooh, its finally starting to get interesting.
Thank you holli_simba and aninsignificantother for commenting (this might fuel both your Robyn hatred, oops)
thank you to those recommending and subscribing
p.s guys lets gather pitchforks soon;)