Status: Hello readers, sorry I will not be updating till 5th June (due to exams) hang on until then please:)

The Fortune Teller

I'll accept with poise, with grace.

Lucy was a petite woman, with dark black hair cut short into a stylish bob, making her hazel eyes pop against her pale complexion. She had the most compassionate heart but still manage to respect everyone as an individual. That’s what made her so different from Charlotte’s mum, Melissa, who was a leggy perma tanned beautiful ex-model with striking natural blonde hair and deep brown eyes.
Charlotte guessed that was what made Charlotte have such awe for her father’s wife. Lucy was a GP but still solely focused on family. Lucy wasn’t always Charlotte’s favourite person, they had their difficult times especially when Charlotte was a young girl, she didn’t understand the concept of her father loving someone else other than her and what she thought her mum. As the years grew on and the birth of her half sisters, time changes and evolves, Charlotte grew a daughterly attachment towards Lucy. Plus she made her father happy and being a daddy’s girl she was that made her ecstatic.

Charlotte found herself sat at in her dad’s house, sitting at the table eating breakfast with her sisters and Lucy, who was wearing her usual work attire with an apron over. She dished out the pancakes and chocolate fudge sauce, the normal breakfast meal in this household.

“Delicious as always, Luce,” Charlotte smiled, as she finished off her plate.

“Aw, don’t make me blush Charlie.” Lucy cracked a smile, kissing her cheek, “I am glad you came down though. I have been missing you terribly. Come down on Sunday for roast dinner, make sure please.”

Charlotte’s eyes widened, Lucy’s roast dinners were like favoured amongst everyone (Rosie came down from high heavens to go, even Ricky’s mother, Charlotte’s grandmother was won over by Lucy with her roast dinners).

“Bring Rosie too, haven’t seen her face in a long time.” Lucy smiled warmly.

“I am sure she won’t turn down that invitation.” Charlotte let out a laugh.

Polly rolled her eyes with a smirk. “That girl can’t turn down anything.”

Charlotte let out another laugh. “Poll, since when did you get sassy?”

Lucy let out a disapproving tsk. Polly laughed at her mum’s reaction.

“I have always been sassy, I am actually offended Lottie.” Polly giggled, her bright blue eyes dancing with amusement.

There was something about the half sisters that connected them all together, even with Ava’s and Polly’s dark thick luscious black hair and petite stature, they all shared the same dark deep but luminous blue eyes that they all inherited from their father. It made Charlotte feel content, that she had something she shared with her sisters, something that bonded them all together.

“As if.” Ava retorted, rolling her eyes.

“Now Ava has grown balls, that’s the last time I am spending so long away from this house.” Charlotte
smirked.

“Please don’t remind me, I still like to think of you all as young innocent children.” Lucy hummed, as she collected the dirty dishes, cleaning up the kitchen. “Right, I am off to the doctors, ready for a hardworking day of doing fuck all. Or work, that’s what I meant.” Lucy grinned cheekily.

Charlotte embraced Lucy, she was taller than her by at least a couple of inches but still Lucy held that motherly influence.

“Ah, I will definitely come down Sunday and we can have a proper catch up then.” Charlotte smiled.

“Great, can’t wait.” Lucy grinned. “Now Ava and Polly, behave please, no going off anywhere too far, I know it’s an inset day in school but no staying out late.” Lucy said sternly before letting out a cheery bye and ran out the door.

Charlotte let out a smirk at her sister’s. “So what is on the agenda for today?”

Polly let out a sigh, flicking through her blackberry before glancing at Charlotte. “I guess nothing important majorly, I have to go to dad’s garage just after lunch to get money.” She shrugged.

“Ava, get the selection of films and we will make ourselves comfy on the couch?” Charlotte suggested, raising her eyebrow.

“Yes!” Ava grinned. “Movie mornings are the best.”

***

Charlotte ended up dropping Ava off at her friends for lunch then headed towards ‘The Cho Sho’ with Polly. Charlotte was listening to Polly’s excited chatter about a party she was going to with her boyfriend.

“You’d totally love him. He is only a year older than me. His parent’s are like mega rich and he wants to be in a band when he is older, how cute is that.” Polly babbled.

Charlotte let out a sigh. There were moments when her sister did get on her nerves, like now. Polly was at that stage where her life revolved around her, Charlotte remembered that stage well but her life revolved around dancing, still does.

“Poll, give it a rest now.” Charlotte rolled her eyes.

“Sorry, I tend to speak for too long. Ah we are here!” Polly smiled widely.

Charlotte cut the engine, following her sister out of the car and into the garage. Polly waited outside the door, raising her eyebrow at Charlotte, who furrowed her brows.

“He got two lads in there.” Polly mouthed.

Charlotte nodded her head, sinking into one of the chairs outside the office. She could see her dad’s employees tinkering round with the cars, the noises were almost soothing. Polly was still babbling on and on about her boyfriend, Charlotte’s eyes were drifting close.

“Thanks, I just didn’t know what was up with me car.” A voice said.

“Well yeh should always listen to yeh ol’ pa, that’s for sure.” Ricky chuckled.

“Don’t fuel his smugness please.” Another voice laughed.

Charlotte’s eyes flickered open, those voices were familiar. She turned her head and saw her dad, along with Tom and Oliver standing there. She thought her eyes were playing tricks on her, obviously not since Polly ran towards their dad enveloping him in a hug.

“Charlie? Ha, look she managed to survive the other night.” Tom laughed, shooting a wink towards Charlotte.

Charlotte’s cheeks blushed, “Fancy seeing you guys here.” Charlotte smiled tightly.

“Yeah, well this bugger, put petrol in his diesel car and now it kinda had a fit and died.” Tom grinned, glancing at Oliver, who was awkwardly standing there.

Charlotte laughed lightly at the face Oliver was pulling at Tom. She knew that was one of the most typical problems people have with their cars. Charlotte unfortunately did the same a couple of times.

“Don’t worry. Charlie here had done the same with her car too.” Ricky laughed.

Charlotte rolled her eyes. “Excuse me, pa. But you were distracting me, and Robbie was taking the piss out of me, no wonder I did it.”

“Ey! Don’t be dragging me into your foolishness!” Robbie shouted from his position underneath a car.

Charlotte glowered in his direction before glancing at Oliver and Tom, she couldn’t help but feel surprised, it almost made the other night feel more real. She could see Polly checking them both out, she had to bite her lip from laughing. She glanced at Oliver who was watching her, his hair was tousled, plus he was wearing a t shirt with the words ‘Drop Dead’ across it. She almost questioned it but thought better of it.

“Ah how yeh know my Charlie?” Ricky asked, raising his eyebrow.

Charlotte groaned, crossing her arms across her chest, whilst Tom grinned cheekily and was about to say
something that could have made the situation a whole lot awkward but Oliver jumped in.

“We are friends of Rosie’s.” Oliver said, his deep hazel eyes flickering to meet Charlotte’s.

“Rosie, known her since she was a lil’ girl, god the mouth on her, never shuts up does she.” Ricky chuckled.

Charlotte rolled her eyes. “And yet you still treat her as if she is your daughter.”

Polly let out a dramatic gasp. “I knew I recognised you two. You’re the lead singer of Bring Me the Horizon and you’re his brother, the photographer.” Polly squealed, her cheeks puffing up in excitement.

Charlotte smirked, watching both Syke’s growing uncomfortable. She had to admit this amused her in ways she didn’t know how to explain. Polly most certainly was a drama queen and went overboard Charlotte was used to her antics. But clearly her freak out caught Oliver and Tom by surprise, as they both awkwardly glanced at each other. Ricky tried his hardest not to laugh, creases around his eyes, laugh lines.

“Polly, try not to scare them.” Charlotte snorted, trying to break the awkwardness.

Tom grinned at Polly, then glancing at Charlotte. “Charlie, that’s the example of how girls should be after us, takes a hint.” Tom joked, nudging Oliver.

“Please don’t.” Oliver mumbled, shooting Charlotte a pleading look.

Charlotte bit her lip, from letting out a laugh. She glanced at the clock on the wall in her dad’s office, the time reading 2:45. Charlotte mumbled incoherently, she glanced at Polly.

“I need to go, got a lesson now. Nice seeing you guys again.” Charlotte smiled briefly at Tom and lingering her gaze on Oliver, before giving her dad a kiss on the cheek and a hug. “See you Sunday pa, bye Polly.”

She jogged towards her car, slid in before driving away. The further she drove away, the more she thought about the boy with the beautiful chocolate eyes. She found him more and more interesting. But being true to her word, relationships were out of the question. Friendships on the other hand, couldn’t harm anyone.

***

Just after a two hour session, Charlotte felt her muscles almost tearing, nagging at Charlotte. Ballet was always a gruelling, Charlotte’s teacher Madame Lavelle was never an easy going woman either, she always pushed Charlotte to the edge. It was harder now that Charlotte was growing older and was slacking behind.

“Come on Mon Cherie, if you can master this then I am looking at the next star in The Nutcracker of St Petersburg.” Madame Lavelle encouraged, her eyes almost lighting up with the possibility.

Charlotte fell from her position. “In Paris? What?”

Dancing in Paris has been Charlotte’s dream ever since she started at the age of six. Last winter Charlotte was star in Swan Lake, playing Odette. She was constantly praised for her performance, in commemoration of playing such a part Charlotte got wings tattooed on her back, only she knew about them along with Madame Lavelle. It always kept a smile on her face, knowing that she was a part of something so big. Now the chance of performing in Paris, especially The Nutcracker, it was almost dreams meet reality.

Madame Lavelle smirked, her perfectly defined brow arched. “I have a friend, who saw your performance last year. He was very impressed and gave me an offer. You’ll have an audition first but he has great hope for you Mon Cherie, my little prodigy.”

“Seriously? Madame Lavelle, this is like amazing.” Charlotte’s mouth dropped open, her mouth unable to cooperate with her excited thoughts.

“I thought you would think so, but now practice is in order. We need to make you stand out.” Madame Lavelle ordered, clapped her hands and along they went. "Sort out your posture darling, you are no ugly duckling!"

***

The harsh cold air was a soothing sensation to Charlotte’s sweat riddled skin. At moments like these, winter was almost a godsend. Charlotte couldn’t wait for the first snowfall, it was always deeply anticipated. As much as she hated the whole fuss of Christmas, the build up in weather was rather soothing. It was nice having the same repetition every year, something even Charlotte couldn’t shy away from.

“Babe, where have you been?” Rosie asked. She was leaning against her car, bundled up in her coat and scarf.

Charlotte was looking forward to a hot bath as soon as she got in along with hot chocolate in front of the television but seeing Rosie outside of her house, she knew she most certainly was not going to get it, not tonight.

“Been at Ballet practice all afternoon Ro, some of us don’t have time to kill.” Charlotte glared at her before walking towards her cottage. “Don’t you normally go through the house first?”

“Nah, Brian was knocking about. He is a douche and I don’t like douches.” Rosie sighed, following Charlotte into her cottage.

“Blessed with your presence, I see.” Charlotte rolled her eyes.

Rosie shot Charlotte a grin. “Yeah, I may have a solution to your whole accommodation problem. I know I am awesome.”

Charlotte peeled off her coat, hanging it up before making her way to the kitchen, putting the kettle on. She was a bit cryptic over Rosie’s solution, when they were fourteen Rosie had a solution to Charlotte’s boy troubles, it ended in tears and a fight between two boys and Charlotte spending the night with Rosie watching scary films and eating Ben & Jerry’s. But after that Charlotte knew to be careful over trusting Rosie’s solution from there on. So you couldn’t necessarily blame her.

“No, I am not sharing an apartment with any member of a gangster society, no matter how much weed they score you.” Charlotte said bluntly.

Rosie had an offended look upon her face. “No, whatever my weed days are over.” She rolled her eyes

“But I know this girl, she is friends with Tom, Oli and Lee, and she is in need of a new roommate.”

Charlotte had a pained look on her face, as she poured out two cups of tea. “I... don’t know.”

“Believe me, she is perfect for you. Not a slob loves animals, she has a cat of her own, she works in Oli’s shop and has a boyfriend who is a good guy and they don’t do PDA either, bonus.” Rosie blabbered on, her eyes almost pleading.

“Whatever, okay. I will see her first. But I don’t know if I could deal with a roommate.” Charlotte shrugged lightly.

“Good, okay. Its only six, she said we can meet up with her now, if you are up for it?” Rosie asked, her eyes lighting up.

Charlotte let out a sigh, mock glaring at Rosie. “Good fucking job I love you.” Charlotte grumbled as she walked off towards her bathroom. “I am having a fucking shower, text your friend now. We will be there just before seven.”

“Okay, good! You won’t regret this babe.” Rosie shouted back, letting out a squeal.

You won’t regret this, was also another phrase constantly used by Rosie. Normally if events turned for the worse, Charlotte regretted it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Still not as exciting but at least Oliver and Tom both made an appearance, and there will be more from were that comes from!
Ava Laurelle
Polly Laurelle
(((introduce her two half sisters, this is what i can imagine them to look like ah)))

Okay and a big big thank you to holli_simba for the lovely comment and recommendation too:) Hopefully this story won't disappoint!

Have a lovely sunday everyone, much love!