Status: Hello readers, sorry I will not be updating till 5th June (due to exams) hang on until then please:)

The Fortune Teller

But how could I miscalculate... perfect eyes will have perfect aim.

To say that Charlotte woke up to feeling fine, fresh and dandy would be the biggest understatement ever. She only woke up once more throughout the night to vomit, but Oliver woke up with her and made sure she was okay. Other than that she slept like a baby. By the time she woke up, her head was banging, her stomach was grumbling and she could barely open her eyes. She noticed Oliver wasn’t sleeping beside her. The memories of last night were slowly tumbling down, she groaned loudly in shame.

“How are you feeling?” Rosie asked when she climbed into bed with Charlotte.

“I’ve felt better.” Charlotte answered, squinting at her best friend.

“Good, Oli was freaking out all night.” Rosie smiled slowly.

“I can imagine, but bet he was freaking out more by the fact that Jona and I walked on Robyn and him having sex.” Charlotte muttered.

Rosie raised her eyebrows. “Really? What a knob head. No wonder Jona is giving Oli the silent treatment.”

“Good on him, but poor Jona was getting frustrated, quite sad really.” Charlotte said.

“But Oliver seems more concerned about you...” Rosie trailed off, waiting for Charlotte to fill her in.

“There’s nothing go on between us. I wish there could be a chance for us but I think he is still too stuck over Robyn for anything to happen.” Charlotte admitted.

Rosie squealed with happiness. “Yes, you finally admitted it. What was it? His eyes? The tattoos? The whole bad boy sex appeal?”

Charlotte sighed softly, leaning back on her pillows. “I don’t know really, he is my complete opposite. It’s scary. But I know he doesn’t feel the same way about me which is why you will keep quiet, emphasis on will.” She stared sternly at Rosie.

Rosie beaming a cheesy grin, nodded in agreement. “I will, but oh my, this is fabulous.”

Charlotte rolled her eyes, but she couldn’t deny the fact that a little weight was lifted off her chest. She was happy she admitted that she fancied maybe liked Oliver, it was long coming or so Rosie said. Besides, Oliver could be good for Charlotte, in a weird backwards way.

Charlotte let out a yawn, stretching her back as she rolled out of the bed before letting out a loud groan. “Do I have to go downstairs?” She asked Rosie.

Rosie shrugged. “Yeah otherwise Rissa will kill you. It’s already afternoon, we are ordering take away and staying in tonight, doing that silly Secret Santa shebang.”

Charlotte nodded her head. “I’ll refresh myself up and meet you downstairs in five.”

Rosie smiled. She walked out of the bedroom with a slight skip to her walk. Charlotte rolled her eyes at her best friend’s silliness. Charlotte shifted around the room, last night someone must’ve brought all of her stuff into this bedroom as she found it piled neatly inside the chest draws next to Oliver’s clothes. She went into the en suite, freshening herself in the shower, cleaning herself with the coconut scented products. She came out feeling like she belonged in Hawaii on a beach. Charlotte certainly was feeling better. Her mood was increasingly brightening too. She scouted for a pair of burgundy velvet leggings to wear, when she found them, she put them on along with a oversized baggy brown plaid jumper. Her hair was still damp, she didn’t have the energy to tend to it, so it was left to dry naturally. She headed out of the bedroom, balancing on one leg to put her bed socks on.

Charlotte made it downstairs and into the living room, where everyone was sat down comfortably. Charlotte felt a wave of anxiety came over her, she didn’t want to make a fuss, so she quietly slip in, but quietly slipping into a room didn’t work with these guys, as soon as Rissa saw her, she squealed, making a fuss of Charlotte as if she was a incompetent child.

“You okay, darling?” Rissa asked again for the hundredth time.

Charlotte shot her a glare. “Yes, I am. Now stop hovering like a fly, it’s getting rather annoying.”

“Someone’s moooody.” Rissa sang in a falsetto tune.

“Yeh’d be pissin’ me off too, if yeh were doin’ that to me.” Matt said honestly.

Rissa glared at him. “Your opinion is invalid.”

Charlotte cracked a small smile at this. She sat down beside Rosie and Lee on their couch. She noticed that Oliver and Jona were missing from the room. She raised her eyebrows at this, dreading the worst. Tom seemed to catch onto this and shook his head slightly with a smile. Charlotte understood this as don’t worry, she let out a heavy sigh of relief.

Then they both walked through the door, holding bags of cooked Chinese and Indian take a way mixed. Charlotte noticed that they were both smiling huge, in the middle of some sort of joking banter as per. Jona acknowledged Charlotte, giving her a wide grin.

“You’re feeling better?” Jona asked.

Charlotte glared at him. “Yes I am fine. It was only a hangover, not as if I was dying of some sort of rare virus.”

“Yeh were certainly actin’ as if it were a rare virus last night.” Oliver smirked.

Charlotte bit back an insult, instead she smiled tightly. “Shush it Sykes.”

“Round the table everyone!” Rissa shouted, leading everyone into the dining room. Once everyone was sat down at the table, she placed her hands on her hips. “Where is Robyn?”

Oliver glanced around the room. Charlotte was staring at Jona who was staring at Oliver awaiting his answer. “She has gone out. She has some ol’ uni mates that live round here.”

Rissa nodded her head slowly before taking her seat next to Tom. Charlotte realised she was sitting beside Oliver, her eyes widened in panic. At least Robyn was not around. Charlotte didn’t want to dare look at Rosie because she could picture the pointed stare she was receiving.

Charlotte picked at some of the selection of foods in front of her, it was quite the mix. She mostly filled her plate full of salt and pepper chips and spring rolls. Her mouth watered as she ate the salt and pepper chips, everyone else had a can of fosters to accompany their meal but Charlotte stuck with water, taking no risks.

“Yeh feelin’ better now?” Oliver asked quietly.

Charlotte glanced at him, she could see concern there. “Yeah, much better,” she finished off her spring roll, looking at Oliver again, “thank you for looking after me.”

Oliver raised his eyebrows in surprise. “No need to thank me, I was a knob last night, so I needed to make up for it.”

“Oli, just because you did s-something with a girl you obviously like doesn’t mean you are a knob.” Charlotte pointed out.

Oliver rolled his eyes. “No, I don’t like her, like at all. She came onto me and I, being a prick went along with it. But I really want to show yeh that I can be mature about things.” He said honestly.

Charlotte nodded her head slowly. “Okay, Oli.” She turned her attention away from Oliver, silently wondering what he was on about, being ‘mature’ it felt weird that he felt as if he had to act like that around her. Charlotte finished off the rest of the food on her plate. She sipped her water as she waited for everyone to finish theirs off.

Soon enough, Rissa jumped up from her chair, clapping her hands. “Alright dicks and girls, we are gonna sort out Secret Santa.”

“Hopefully not without me,” Robyn said as she walked into the dining room. Her eyes landed straight on Oliver, who averted his gaze immediately.

“Oh, I wouldn’t dare.” Rissa mumbled, narrowing her eyes at Robyn.

“I’ve put everyone’s names into this hat, and one by one, you’ll pick a slip of paper that has someone’s name on it. You can’t tell anyone, otherwise ruins the whole game. The Syke’s household are having their ritual Christmas Eve party and Carol has confirmed it with me, we’ll hand our presents there and guess who gave us our present.” Rissa finished with a grin.

“Is that all?” Vegan mumbled sarcastically.

“Yeh spoke to me mam before consulting it with us?” Oliver asked bemusedly.

“Yeah, get with it dick.” Rissa answered.

Charlotte silently hoped she got someone good, at least Rosie, she would so easy to get for. Then who would’ve get her, she again hoped it would be anyone but Robyn. She silently wished that wouldn’t happen. Charlotte sat in her seat, waiting for her name to be called out by Rissa. She was going round the table, when her name was called out, Charlotte got up, met with a grinning Rissa. She picked out a piece of paper, and read the name Oliver Sykes. Her eyes widened, oh fuck.

She sat down by Oliver. She tightened her hand in a fist, scrunching up the piece of paper. Her mind was racing, she hoped that it wasn’t set up, but it would just be her luck, it seems to be running out lately. Once everyone got their slip of paper, it was all quiet as they processed who they got. Rissa called everyone into the living room.

“Fuck, she is a bloody dictator.” Jona grumbled underneath his breath.

Charlotte chuckled at this, rolling her eyes. “She ain’t that bad, man up.”

Jona just gave her a blank stare and shook his head. Matt overhearing the conversation started laughing sarcastically.

“Yeh can tell yeh haven’t had years of this.” Matt muttered.

“Okay, let me put this in perspective, at least she ain’t as bad as Robyn.” Charlotte retorted.

Both Matt and Jona snorted loudly, muffling their sniggers. Their laughter increased as they walked into living room and the only remaining seats was on a long five seater couch with Robyn and Oliver. Charlotte sat down next to Oliver, and then Jona sat next to her along with Matt.

It was coming to early night, the sky already darkening to night fall. The stars slowly making an appearance, they have been sat watching Love Actually on Rosie’s demand. Charlotte loved this film, one of her favourites, her favourite storyline is Juliet and Mark’s story, it’s sad but makes her feel so happy at the same time, Mark adores Juliet and they truly belong together. At the end of the film, Charlotte leaked a few tears.

“Yeh really cryin’ over this film?” Oliver asked her quietly, raising his eyebrows.

Charlotte jumped slightly, she didn’t realise that he noticed. “Yeah, I am. It’s sad.”

“Wimp.” Oliver whispered.

Charlotte nudged him in his sides. “Shut up. You’re the wimp.”

Rissa cleared her throat. “Tom, will you go out to the pub with me?” Rissa asked.

“Sure. Is anyone else comin’?” Tom asked, looking round the room.

Charlotte noticed that most were itching to go, she let out a yawn. “I think I am going to head back to bed.” She stood up, waving goodbye. “Don’t get too bloody wasted guys!” Charlotte called down to them as she walked up the stairs, followed by Thor. She walked into her and Oliver’s room.

Charlotte could hear them all file out of the house, singing cheesy Christmas songs. She wished she could go with them but her stomach was still weird, no way could she hang around them with alcohol, she’ll just be tempted. She was happy for the peace too, she couldn’t even look at Robyn any longer than she had to, her whole persona gave Charlotte the chills, she didn’t understand what Oliver saw in her, maybe Robyn was curvier than her, maybe she was more experienced and maybe Robyn had more money.

She pushed away her thoughts, trying to think positively. They were going home tomorrow. She could sleep all through the day then decorate the house with Rissa. Charlotte wasn’t lying to Jona last night. Christmas really was her favourite holiday. It was the only time she felt she had a special family. Both her parents would be civil as they greeted each other with Christmas wishes. Her sisters would behave, meaning no drama. It certainly was a blessing.

She picked Thor up into bed with her. She lay down, letting her mind race through her Christmas plans. A knock on the door, woke her from her Christmas wonderland daydreaming.

“Yeh okay Charlie?” Oliver asked, his voice muffled by the door.

Charlotte got up, opening the door for him. He had a bowl of popcorn in his arms and a tray of two hot chocolates.

Oliver had a sheepish look on his face. “Think of it as an apology for what yeh saw yesterday, I have never been so embarrassed.”

Charlotte took a mug of hot chocolate, noticing it has been topped off with whipped cream and white marshmallows, her favourite. She stayed quiet as she mulled over Oliver’s thoughtful apology. She sat back down on her bed, Thor settling back on her legs again. She took a sip of her hot chocolate, letting the silence stretch further.

“There is no need to be embarrassed, you can like her y’know.” Charlotte mumbled, her eyes focusing on her hot chocolate.

She heard Oliver’s footsteps pad further into the room, he settled the popcorn on the bed then placed his own hot chocolate on his bed side cabinet. He sat down on the bed, making himself comfortable.

“I know, but I don’t like her, that is what I am tryin’ to say. I foolishly let her come onto me, cause I am a boy and I have needs.” Oliver shrugged, his cheeks tinted pink.

Charlotte let out a laugh in surprise. “Oli, you can’t do that.”

Oliver rolled his eyes, his cheeks flushing pinker. “I had too, yeh were drivin’ me crazy, yeh were all I was thinking of.” His eyes met Charlotte’s.

Charlotte’s cheeks flushed, her mouth gaped open in shock. “What?” She asked.

“I like yeh, Charlie. That is why Jona is givin’ me a hard time over this fuck up. He doesn’t want me to screw up and neither do I.” Oliver explained, his eyes trained on Charlotte.

Charlotte’s thoughts all mashed up. She placed her hot chocolate down, then meeting Oliver’s eyes again. “I don’t know what to say.”

Oliver nodded his head slowly. “If yeh don’t like me, don’t feel awkward or anythin’.”

Charlotte smiled softly. “I l-like y-ou too but I just can’t handle a relationship I don’t think.”

Oliver returned a small smile of his own. “Why not?”

“I just don’t think I am right for you.” Charlotte said.

Oliver let out a chuckle. “I should be saying that to yeh.”

Charlotte leaned her head on his shoulder. “I really would but I don’t know. Maybe by New Year, I need to know you,” she poked his chest with her index finger, “more and you need to know me because I don’t wanna be another girl that you have fucked around with.”

Oliver smiled as he looked down at the pretty girl on his chest. “That sounds good.”

Charlotte nodded her head slowly. “But what are you going to do about Robyn?”

Oliver stiffened at the mention of Robyn. “I can’t, not be friends with her. But I will make sure our relationship is purely platonic.”

Charlotte nodded her head, letting out a soft yawn. “What will we tell the others?”

“We won’t until we are official or whatever, at least then it’s easier.” Oliver answered.

Charlotte smiled with satisfaction. “That sounds good.” She closed her eyes lightly, she felt Oliver’s arm wrap around her body, pulling her closer.

“Didn’t yeh promise to show me your tattoos?” Oliver asked thoughtfully.

Her eyes opened slowly, she sat up slightly lifting her top up. Her back was to him. She could feel his touch graze her back lightly, tracing her wings.

“Why wings?” Oliver asked.

“Mark the time I was Odette in Swan Lake.” Charlotte murmured.

Charlotte could still feel Oliver tracing her wings. She could feel his breath tingling the bare skin of her back. She felt too intimate with him, but it gave her a thrill that shot feelings of elation around her body. She felt him press a soft kiss to her back. Her eyes practically bulged out of her head. Her cheeks flushed a deep red. She pulled her top back down. She needed control. She couldn’t let her feelings fly away in a state of bliss. She needed to be realistic.

“Slow down Sykes.” Charlotte chided.

Oliver just rolled his eyes playfully, a smirk was clearly displayed. Charlotte sipped her hot chocolate. She stroked Thor’s head thoughtfully. She noticed that Oskar was on the bed with them as well. Charlotte smiled at the sight that was before her, she had Oliver on edge almost falling asleep, then Thor and Oskar curled by the respective owners. She was still experiencing this consistent delight. She didn’t know how she was going to explain this to Rosie, or even look at Rosie because one look at Charlotte and Rosie will know what is going on.

Charlotte let out a yawn, sleep catching up on her. She put her mug down before laying back down on Oliver’s shoulder.

“Go on, go to sleep.” Oliver murmured.

***

Oliver woke up in the early hours. He could hear the ruckus from downstairs. It only meant one thing, the others were back and most probably shit faced. He looked down at Charlotte, sleeping peacefully. He pulled away from her gently, careful to not wake her up. Her eyes fluttered slightly, Oliver cursed inside his head. He stroked her cheek soothingly and she soon fell back into her deep slumber. He padded gently out of their room, making his way down the stairs.

He saw a drunken Lee and Rosie giggle their way into their bedroom. Oliver averted his gaze quickly before he would have to wish to un-see everything. Matt passed him on the stairs. Oliver could smell the weed rolling off of him. Matt was that baked that he didn’t realise Oliver walked past him. Oliver couldn’t help but chuckle. It seemed he missed out on a good night.

“Tom you fuckin’ slag.” Rissa shouted, her voice shaking with anger.

“What av I fuckin’ done now?” Tom growled back.

Oliver stood at the middle of the stairs, great view of the lovers spat. Rissa was throwing her arms around, her face contorted into a vicious glare. Oliver sent his thanks that he wasn’t on the receiving end of that glare.

“Yeh two, shut the fuck up, cut it out. Yeh are both pissed as a fart and won’t remember this in the morning, settle it out tomorrow.” Oliver shouted over them, his tone was sharp and clear.

They both stopped and turned to look at Oliver.

“I refused to sleep in a bed with this idiot.” Rissa snapped.

“Get over it.” Tom rolled his eyes.

“Yeh ain’t sleepin’ in my bed, Charlie is in there, sleeping soundly. She doesn’t need any grief from yeh two dickheads.” Oliver hollered over their bickering.

“Thanks Oli, I am sleeping with Charlie, you get your knob of a brother.” Rissa stormed up the stairs, stomping all the way to Oliver’s room.

Oliver let out a deep sigh, he looked at Tom with a ‘what the fuck’ expression. Oliver knew that their whole argument was probably a misunderstanding. Rissa was a drama queen who overreacted over everything along with Tom who didn’t help the situation at all, he thought with his dick most of the time. Tom shrugged and sulked his way up the stairs.

Oliver could hear Jona and Vegan’s laughter from the living room, who clearly heard every single bit of the spat. He rolled his eyes, walking into the room, plonking himself on the couch with a loud sigh.

“Good thing yeh sorted it out, mate. Otherwise no one would be gettin’ any sleep tonight.” Vegan chuckled.

Oliver stared at Vegan with an un-amused expression. Jona sniggered louder. “Glad yeh two found it so funny.”

“So yeh and Charlie shagged then?” Vegan asked bluntly.

Jona snorted. “As if she’d let him.”

“Excuse me. No we didn’t shag, but we came to an agreement though.” Oliver grinned.

“What’s this agreement then?” Vegan pried.

“Not tellin’ yeh, yeh dirty git.” Oliver retorted.

“Fuck off yeh sod. I am goin’ to bed now.” Vegan grumbled. He moved off the couch and headed towards the stairs.

Oliver chuckled softly to himself, meeting Jona’s stare. Jona needn’t to ask, he knew there was something going on, Oliver knew that and didn’t say anything more.

“Yeh mind explaining why Matt is the only one baked as a cake?”
♠ ♠ ♠
It took me longer than I thought to write this chapter. But here it is. A little bit overdue, but it's a good chapter I think. But do you think Charlotte should've forgave him so easily? Either way, at least their relationship isn't anything like Rissa and Tom's.
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and got all that you wanted! Here's to hoping that I'll write the next chapter quicker than this one.
A big thanks to ShellBell234 and holli_simba for the comments.
Much love to all that take their time reading this story:)
Comment and subscribe!