Status: Active. Enjoy~

Early Sunsets Over Belleville

It Can't Stay Like This Forever--Frank's POV

He tugged my hand softly, pulling it under his head as he slept, causing me to wake up a bit. I yawned, whining as my back popped when I stretched. The chair I had pulled next to the bed squeaked as I moved it. Since the baby had taken my spot in Gerard's arms for tonight, I had to sleep in the chair. I peered down at the two of them, the baby drooling on Gerard's chest, Gerard drooling on my hand. I didn't mind the drool, it just made me feel slightly happy seeing Gerard and the baby so peaceful and calm. My eyelids felt heavy as I started nodding off to sleep again.

I woke up in the morning, holding Gerard tightly in my arms. It took me a minute till I realized the baby wasn't in the bed. Panic began to rise in my chest as I sat up, startling Gerard as he tried to sit up, letting out a yell of pain.

"Bear, lay down. I'll find her." I helped him lay down. We both jumped as we heard a crash from downstairs. I got up, running. Please, God, don't let those monsters have gotten her. The crashing continued from Gerard's old art studio.

I flung the door open to find the little girl sitting on the floor. Splashes of color filled paint was splattered around the room. A soft and dragged out sigh came out from deep within my chest. She's okay. As for Gerard's paint, not so much.

I picked her up in my arms, only then noticing the paint on her face. She had electric blue paint covering her eyes, like a bandit's mask.

"Make-up!" She bounced in my arms, proud of herself.

"Yes, baby girl, make-up." I chuckled softly, carrying her up to see Gerard.

"She looks like a bandit…" he said as he examined her and chuckled softly

"Bandit… Hey, Bear, do you think we could name her that? I mean, we can't keep calling her 'the baby'…" He thought about it for a minute then nodded.

"Bandit… I like it." He smiled brightly and pulled her into his arms, careful not to hit his stomach. I laid in the bed next to them, wrapping my arms tightly around them. My eyes slipped shut, forgetting about the world outside until I heard the screams of the innocent people, their bodies being taken over by those creatures.

I would fight them all off to hold him close and tight. My mind began to wonder. Would anyone notice? Would anyone care? What if instead of the three of us laying in this bed, there were three corpses?

"I love you, Gerard.." I whispered into his ear as he played with Bandit.

"I love you, too, Frank. I always have and always will." he replied happily. We stayed like that for the rest of the day. Happy. Not worrying about the outside world.

Only downside: it can't stay like this forever.