Status: Active. Enjoy~

Early Sunsets Over Belleville

Sticks and Stones Will Break My Bones, But Bites Will Surely Kill Me.--Frank's POV

I had just left the house for the fourth time that week. I was trying to find my backpack which held enough things for all three of us fr at least a few weeks. I had found it a few days ago but couldn't get it due to all the…mindless creatures and wasn't able to get back to it since then. Today, though, I had a feeling I'd get it.
 After what had probably been almost an hour, I reached the spot where the backpack was. Like all the other times, it was crowded by the creatures. But this time, I had a plan to get them away. I looked around to see the best spot to carry out my plan. Hopefully, it won't backfire. Haha…backfire. …You'll understand in a minute.

I quietly made my way over to some dead bushes far from my pack. I then made a circle of rocks around it as to keep it from burning everything around it. 'Please work,' I thought and threw a match on th bushes, then darted away quickly. I hid safely near my backpack but far from the flame as all the creatures went towards it, curious. When they were all away from the bag, I made a run towards it and grabbed it. I thought they were all gone, anyway. I turned to leave and came face to face with a creature and backed away as it swung at me. I turned again to run then froze at the creature I saw before me, for it was a friend I missed dearly. I was staring into the now vacant eyes of my best friend Ray Toro. He was the first of our friends to disappear and we soon found out he had turned. It was heartbreaking and shortly after, it soon became just Gerard and I left.


I snapped out of my haze and looked around desperately for a way out. I was getting boxed in and quick. I looked up above me and laid my eyes on a branch not to high up, but high enough for them not to be able to reach it. That was my ticket out. I threw the bag onto it as to not forget it again, then jumped up, grabbing it tightly. In the midst of trying to hoist myself up, the person I once called my best friend did something most horrible. He bit ****to my side, closest to my heart. I let out a blood-curdling scream that seemed inhumanly impossible. It was the loudest, most gut-wrenching sound I'd ever heard escape anyone's, let alone my, mouth. 


I yelled again, less loud but still filled with pain, as I pulled myself onto the branch. It hurt so horribly to pull myself up but I was not letting myself get eaten by those things. I grabbed the bag and climbed to a higher height, trying to ignore the pain and laid on the branch, breathing hard and groaning. This can't be happening. Not to me. I have Gerard and Bandit I have to keep safe. Oh Gerard… I let you down.. I then remembered my promise to him and I mentally cursed myself. I had to go back. I pulled myself up, groaning and gasping, but somehow got myself to make it back to the house. I took a deep breath and put on an okay face as I walked into the house slowly, only to be attacked with a hug from a crying Gerard. I dropped the bag, immediately holding him, scared of what might have happened.


After I'd gotten him to calm down enough to tell me what was wrong, he just kept asking if I was ok. Surely he didn't know. He couldn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
~I'm back guys! :D I know you didn't miss me between the few people who read this. Anyway, I'm back to updating so enjoy!~