Status: Active. Enjoy~

Early Sunsets Over Belleville

Eggies!--Gerard's POV

My eyes fluttered open as I uncurled on the bed. Sunlight poured in through the crack in the blinds. I took a deep, calming breath, smelling breakfast cooking downstairs.


"Daddy, do you want some coffee?" I saw a single ponytail of jet black hair pop up next to the bed. Frank loves to put her hair on the top of her head like a who from Whoville. 


"I'd love some baby girl. Is daddy in the kitchen?" I rolled over so I was looking over at her, my cheek resting on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah! He's cooking' food!" she squealed happily. Most of her baby teeth had come in so she could eat the same foods as Frank and I. She enjoyed it very much, her favorite was eggs.


She giggles and skips out of the room, her hair bouncing on the top of her head. I pulled myself out of bed and wrapped a throw blanket around my shoulders. Winter was coming. I peeked into the kitchen, seeing Frank at the stove making eggs and toast. I went up behind him and wrapped my arms and blanket around his torso, causing him to flinch. I could tell that he held back a whimper…but why?

"Frank, what's wrong?" I questioned him, kissing his temple softly while I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Nothing.. I slept on my side all night last night, I'll feel better soon…" To anyone else, his voice would've sounded convincing, but I knew him too well. The sound of his scream echoed in my head. I knew it was his scream, who else's could it have been? He would tell me if he had gotten bit, right? My body shook at the thought of losing Frank. Once the supplies ran out, Bandit and I would be dead, but worse, I'd be alone.

"Bear?" Frank poked my side gently, realizing I had zoned out, lost in my thoughts.

"Humm?" I smiled and kissed his cheek, his skin colder than usual.

"Breakfast is ready, sit down babe.." He rubbed my hips, giving me a questioning look, not knowing what I was thinking. I plopped myself down in a kitchen chair, pulling Bandit onto my lap as I wrapped the blanket around us.

"Eggies!' she kept repeating, almost like a chant. "Eggies! Eggies! Eggies!" she demanded from Frank until he sat a plate in front of us. One forkful for her, one for me. We ate at the table like a family. Two daddies and their baby girl. I looked over at Frank, my bangs covering my eyes. I began to wonder… Did he mean it the same when he said he loved me? Did he feel the same passion for me that I felt for him? Did his heart skip a beat when we kissed like mine did, or were they meaningless displays of affection? Question after question spun around my mind. If he loved me, why hadn't he made us officially together? What if I love him but he doesn't love me? These words changing nothing, one day only my body will remain. Then who I loved won't matter. All that matters right now is getting these burning hot eggs Bandit dropped off my lap.