Status: Active. Enjoy~

Early Sunsets Over Belleville

Mr. Nibbles--Gerard's POV

My whole body suddenly felt cold and numb.

"F-Frank… Why didn't you tell us?" The words sounded stupid as they flowed carelessly from my lips. I already knew why he hadn't told us, he was scared.

"B-Bear… I didn't want you to get scared of me or kick me out. I haven't had any symptoms of the virus yet, no craving for human blood." He was pleading for my forgiveness, forgiveness I wasn't willing to give yet. I stayed quiet for a minute, gazing over Frank's body. Up from the bite, my eyes traveled. My gaze connected with his. A set of hazel eyes looked back at mine. They were the eyes of my true love, the only person I've ever loved.

~FLASHBACK TO RUN DOWN DRIVE-IN MOVIE, BOTH AGED SIXTEEN~


I sat in my car, the doors locked and the windows rolled up. It was mid-winter. Why were we doing this again? I felt butterflies swirling around in my stomach as I waited. What if he doesn't show? I pushed the negative thoughts from my mind. Think happy thoughts. The palms of my hands became sweaty as the minutes dragged by, feeling like hours.

Three soft knocks came from the window on the passenger's side. My fingers couldn't hit the unlock button quick enough. The door flung open and Frank threw himself onto me, kissing every visible inch of my skin. I felt his chapstick on my neck, face, down my chest and arms, but none of that mattered anymore. I looked down into his hazel eyes. Oh, how beautiful they were.

"I love you, Frank." My words came out as a soft whisper, my eyes not leaving his.

"I love you too, Gerard, forever and always." he replied and added one final kiss to my lips. Though combined we only had $105.65 and a few coupons to Taco Bell, we were running away. Belleville here we come.


~PRESENT~


I snapped back into the real world, leaving the thoughts of so long ago behind. His eyes were still the same eyes I had looked into for the past few years. They were the only eyes to have seen my body fully, but also the eyes that could see through my body. They could see past my flaws, past my emotional walls, past everything.

I fell into Frank's arms, clutching the fabric of his shirt with both hands. My body trembled violently and my thoughts began to vanish. It was impossible for me to be angry or scared any longer. Frank and I have made it through everything in the past, why would this be any different? He kissed me several times gently on the lips, causing me to calm down. His lips still were warm, soft and cherry flavored. They were th slips of the only man I've ever kissed and I wanted to keep it that way. Zombie or no zombie, he's still my lover. I mean, worst thing that could happen is I lock him in a human sized cage, put a collar on him and call him Mr. Nibbles.