Status: Active. Enjoy~

Early Sunsets Over Belleville

I'd Rather Drool Than Kill You--Gerard's POV

I laid awake listening to the screams of the people, though they were starting to diminish due to the lack of people left. I stood up and slipped on my shoes, pulled on my My Chemical Romance jacket, and picked up the shiny revolver, slipping it into my pocket. I tucked the blanket under Frank and kissed his forehead, slowly walking out the front door. I knew Frank would be angry if he found out I went out, but I needed fresh air, even if it smelled of death and blood. As I slowly walked down the street, it looked almost like it did only a few months ago. The windows to the old family owned stores I once loved to go to, now broken and robbed. I dragged my feet through the leaves, smiling as they crunched under my boots. I walked down to a small lake. Frank had brought me here for our first date.

I stopped at the waters edge, running my fingers through its mirror-like surface, causing small ripples through the water. I watched as my reflection rippled and moved. I then heard soft crunching behind me. I pulled out my revolver and turned around quickly. Bob… My old friend. He was one of them, but he didn't come after me. He kept walking right past me like I wasn't even there. I slowly walked over to him, sweating from anxiety and anticipation. He turned as he heard the leaves crunch when I moved. His eyes were different from the others. His normal bright blue now vacant and stained, though the other zombie's eyes were normally grey or black. Why was Bob's eyes different? Why wasn't he attacking me?

He huffed and kept walking past me, not paying attention to me anymore. I was stunned, to surprised to even move. Not all of the zombies are seeking blood? They aren't like humans, but they aren't exactly zombies. What if that is the type that got Frank? I stumbled as I began to run home. I needed to tell Frank!


I burst through the front door of the house panting, my chest stinging with pain. Gasping cold air hurt and I think I'm dying.

"F-Frank!" I called out. Frank came running downstairs nearly tackling me to the ground and pinning me.

"You're such an idiot! Where have you been? Are you ok, Bear?" He kissed me hard, squeezing me.

"Yeah yeah, lake… Do you remember what color the zombie's eyes were?" I questioned him.

"N-No, why?" He went pale, looking into my eyes.

"There's two different types of zombies!" I exclaimed. "The blood thirsty ones and the mindless ones. Their eyes show what type of zombie they were. They aren't all bad!"

"I don't understand Gerard…" he frowned.

"Just… Don't worry baby… We don't have to worry. You might not turn bloodthirsty on us. You might just be braindead."

"I guess I'd rather drool than kill you." he chuckled softly, running his fingers through my hair and calming me a bit. "Why did you go out like that baby?"

"I-I needed to clear my mind to get away from everything… You being bit added stress to my life…" I whispered softly. His expression showed hidden traces of hurt and guilt.

"Bear… I'm sorry… I was just trying to get us food… I saw Ray, I did-" I cut him off.

"That thing wasn't Ray anymore… I'm not angry with you, I'm angry with myself." I spoke calmly and lovingly, showing him that I meant every word I was saying.

"Okay… I love you Gerard Way, so much." He kissed my lips gently.

"I love you too." I kissed back and smiled up at him.