Status: Active. Enjoy~

Early Sunsets Over Belleville

Late Dawns and Early Sunsets--Gerard's POV

It was getting close to 7:00. The sun has dipped below the skyline. The small landscape that was once Monroeville was engulfed into the darkness. I pulled the slightly shredded curtain back from the window. I peered over the smoking buildings, the lifeless machines, all the houses that had once housed "perfect families". I wondered what happened to the small boy that lived next to me. Was he dead? Hurt? Lost without his parents? Most likely he became a part of those bloodthirsty monsters. I shook me head slowly, looking back out the window.

I saw Frank run up the driveway, bursting inside and locked the door behind him. I watched his chest rise and fall rapidly with every breath he took.

"I-I'm f-fine." he spoke between pants. I felt a smile spread across my lips and I knelt down next to him as he slid down the wall.

"Oh, Frank, I was worried sick about you!" I kissed his cheek between each word.
He let out a soft sigh. "Bear, you know not to worry. I've always been fine."

"There's a first for everything…" I whispered as I curled into his arms. He stayed quiet, not wishing to admit that there could be a day that he doesn't come home.

After a few moments of silence, Frank burst into movement, unzipping his backpack quickly. He pulled out a few cans of food and set it on the floor.

"Perfect." I spoke softly into his ear, nipping it softly. A soft sigh came from deep inside Frank's chest. I laid my head on his chest, listening to the soft thudding of his heart, which got louder every time I touched his soft skin. His skin felt warm under the tips of my fingers as I traced an invisible pattern on his upper arm. I ran my fingers to the small tattoo of a scorpion on his neck. It always struck me as odd.
If you're scared of something, why get it permanently imbedded in your skin with ink?

His eyes fluttered shut, savoring my touch. His heartbeat slowed dan as he relaxed. I nudged his chin with the tip of my nose, much like a kitten.

"Frankie, you should lay in the bed to sleep." I tried to get him to stand up. He let out a soft groan, standing up with a small wobble. He intertwined his fingers with mine, tugging my hand to make me follow. We slowly made our way down the hallway into the dark room. The sheets were wrinkled and messed up from the previous night. We never made the bed.

He plopped himself down onto the bed, tugging me down with him and causing me to land in his strong arms. I knew that with just one squeeze, he could snap all the bones in my body. I also knew, however, that he would never hurt me.

We heard screaming from all the innocent souls that were being attacked by those…things. We could hear the shrieks of children, screaming for the protection and help of their parents who would never come. We laid in the bed, holding each other and praying that something would save the innocent and punish the guilty. It's the same thing every night. This was our lives now.
♠ ♠ ♠
~Hope you guys enjoy ^-^~