Status: Active. Enjoy~

Early Sunsets Over Belleville

Please Forgive Me God, For I Have Lied--Frank's POV

I held my love close as he hid his face in my chest, a desperate attempt to forget the body of his brother laying on the floor before us. His tears left small, cold, wet spots on my shirt as the dripped from his cheeks.

"Bunny, why can't s-someone come save u-us?" he spoke into my chest, gasping for breath between words. Anger began to rise inside of me. The plague had broken out in our small town. I know there was thousands of healthy people outside, but the government blocked off our town. The moment it started to spread, they built a wall up around Belleville. The government left us with no food, no water, no chance at surviving this curse.

~FLASHBACK~


"The 'zombie plague' has spread to more people in the town of Belleville, New Jersey. It is estimated that one hundred of the town's people have been infected. Researchers have said they are searching for a cure." the giggly blonde last spoke on the T.V., fixing her papers into a neat stack.

"Hey, Bear, come here… They're talking about that sickness that's spreading." I has called out to Gerard, pulling him down into my lap as he walked by. His giggle rang in my ears. It was a giggle of innocence. His giggles quickly faded as he watched the screen.

"Oh… All those poor people… They seem to be in so much pain. Frank, do you think we should leave town? Go stay with Bob and his wife?"

"Bear, we'll be fine. The whole thing will blow over by Friday, I promise." I gently kissed his lips, cupping his cheek with my hand as I looked into his beautiful eyes. They were scared, but they still showed trust in me.


~PRESENT~


I looked down into his eyes, red from crying. They were the same eyes that only a few days ago had been begging me to leave town before we were imprisoned like animals in a zoo.

"I'm sorry, Bear. I didn't know this would happen… If only I had agreed to leave town with you." My eyes stung as tears began to swell in them. He leaned up, placing a soft kiss on my lips. He did it in a certain way that showed me everything was okay, that he forgave me.

"We need sleep, Frank. Come on." he whispered as he kissed my temple softly, tugging on my hand.

"I'll be up in a minute." I smiled weakly as he stood up, nodding and walked up to the bedroom.
I waited until I heard the soft click of the bedroom door. I slowly crawled over to Mikey's body. I've watched him grow up since he was nearly a toddler, still in diapers. This was going to be harder than i thought.

I slid my arms under his fragile body, lifting him up gently. He felt limp in my arms as I pulled him against my chest and carried him down to the basement. I laid him down on the cold, dirt floor. I picked up a shovel and began digging a hole.

It took me nearly an hour to dig a few feet down. I gently laid Mikey down on the dirt, tears falling from my cheeks and hitting his body. Shovelful after shovelful, I piled dirt onto him, covering his small body.

Within the next hour, he was covered and the hole was filled up. I patted down the dirt, sighing. I put a small wooden cross on his 'grave'.

I walked up the stairs, flipping off the light to the basement. "We all love you, Mikey," I whispered as I made my way down the dark hallway that seems to be never ending.

The bedroom door creaked as I opened it. The moonlight peeked out between the blinds, shining a sliver of light on Gerard's face. He looked so peaceful, so calm. I laid down next to him, pulling the blanket over both of our bodies. He wiggled, waking up slightly and pressing his back against my chest. I didn't hear the screams of the innocent. Only my own words replaying in my head like a broken record of promising Gerard everything would be over soon. Oh God, please forgive me…for I have lied.