Status: Active. Enjoy~

Early Sunsets Over Belleville

Well, Surprise!--Frank's POV

Quietly I sat next to the small hospital bed. The stable "beep" from the small machine was soothing. It showed that Gerard's heart was still beating. How could I have been so stupid to bring Gerard outside to put him in danger like that?

His hand felt cold in my hand as I squeezed it softly. I thought back to what had just happened. I had seen Gerard hit the floor, his hands on his stomach. I had run over to him quickly, pulling a spear from inside of his stomach. Blood dripped from both sides of his body, covering both him and I in the slightly sticky crimson red liquid as I picked him up and ran back to the house. The next few minutes were fuzzy. Thoughts of Gerard's open bleeding wound spun around my brain. I had spent many years wanting to become a surgeon so I knew what i was doing. I stitched up his organs that'd have a hard time healing themselves, later on stitching up his back and stomach.

Since there was no government, there was no law so, I had grabbed the strongest pain killers I could. I didn't want my Bear in pain.

"Bunny…" I heard Gerard whisper and I felt him squeeze my hand gently.

"I-I'm so sorry…" I felt my eyes sting from tears welling up in them. His fingers tangled themselves in my hair as he kissed me gently.

"I know you think things didn't go as planned, but it was beautiful. It showed me that there is still beauty in this world, not just pain and suffering." He went to keep talking until we heard a knock on the door. We both jumped and I let go of his hand.

"I'll go check it." I stood up, grabbing a handgun as I walked to the door. I peeked out of the peephole in the door to see a small, blonde, slender woman who appeared to be the same age as me. In her arms there was a small child, assuming it was a girl because of the neon pink flower clipped into her hair. I slowly opened the door, jumping as the woman shoved the baby into my arms.

"Sir, they got me! Take her, save her! Don't let her become o-one of them..!" she stuttered out as she dropped a large bag at my feet, crying. I didn't notice the several scratch marks going across her back until she turned and ran off before I could even have a chance to reject the child.

My body was in shock, but I still managed to shut and lock the door. I looked down at the small bundle in my arms. Her eyes were sky blue anther lips were rose red as she cuddled into my chest. She had no clue what was happening. I looked at the small bundle of innocence I held, innocence born into a world of hell.

"Hey Bear, you always said you wanted a daughter…right? Well, surprise!"