Status: Active, lovelies!

Save You Tonight

Chapter One

I looked into my bathroom mirror, ridiculing everything about myself. All of these people called me a pretty girl, tanned skin, gorgeous curly brown hair and breathtaking emerald green eyes, the deep dimples in my face, but I saw something completely different. I didn't see the same dimples, curly dark hair, or green eyes as I shared with my cousin Harry. I saw a short girl with skin too light, dull, unruly brown hair. My eyes, however, were the one thing I was proud of. I liked their emerald sheen, crossed over with a bit of gray. That was just about the only thing I was confident in, besides my personality.

I picked up my bright blue, cyan, you could call it, hair straightener and started to run it through my thick, brown hair. Once it was pin straight and I was satisfied that it was soft and straight, and it would stay that way, I sprayed hairspray into it. One spray was enough for me. I ran my fingers through my hair quickly, checked that my teeth were white enough in the mirror once more, and walked out the bathroom door, hating my looks. I was too short, too uneven. I had a medium sized chest, I was skinny, but my legs were strangely athletic. I hated myself.

I changed into a pair of skinny jeans which made my calves look thinner, and slipped on a burnt orange top over those. I put on my black platform wedge shoes, the only ones that made me look over 5'4". Even in those, I was just 5'5". Although, I suppose that was better than my natural height, 5'1".

I jammed my books into my bag, and, with a sigh, walked out of my already empty house, car keys in hand. Once the door was shut, I walked over to my white Mazda car and slid into it. I put the keys into the ignition and my foot was on the gas. Here we go, another day as a senior in a deathtrap of a school.

You'd think that living in and going to high school in New Jersey would be simple, easy in fact. But it honestly wasn't. To me, but, to most people, senior year was 'party time', so to speak. Girls hated me for being related to Harry, but some were stalking me because of it. I had an abusive boyfriend. Most of my friends were just out of greed, wanting to get closer to Harry. I'm not saying that ALL of my friends aren't real, because some of them are amazing. Take Abby, for example. She has been my best friend since we were two. Although, being friends with a Styles did have its consequences. Abby was always bullied for being overweight, but I still loved her. There were also some nasty things being spread about her, such as she only wanted me for the fame or the attention, and would dump me, had I been 'normal'.

I got lost in my own thoughts on the open road, and had to wake myself from my dreamy state to get out of the car. Another chilly Monday morning. There was nothing I hated more. I clutched my jacket tighter around myself as I pulled my bag higher onto my shoulder, walking into the large building and straight to my orange locker. I put in the combination, unlocked it, and turned to talk to Abby. I found an empty space where the cheeky, black haired girl once stood. I looked at my white watch. She should have been here by now. I pulled my cell phone out of my purse and dialed her number.

No answer. I called again.

No answer.

On the third call, someone answered, but it wasn't Abby. It was her mother.

"Mrs. Preston, hi," I said politely. "Um, where's Abby? She should be here by now."

When Mrs. Preston spoke, it was in a broken, pained, sorrowful voice. "She's gone."

"Wh-what-oh my gosh," I said, putting the puzzle pieces together. "I-I'm sorry. Sorry I called. Sorry to bother you. Sorry for Abby. This is all my fault."

"Don't say that, honey," she said quietly. "Abby said she couldn't take the bullies."

I ran my black painted fingers through my hair once more, still trying to comprehend what was happening. My best friend committed suicide. Without another word, I hung up the phone. I threw all of my books into my bag angrily, and slammed my locker shut as the tears streamed down my face. Then,
I did the ballsiest thing I could have possibly done at the moment. I walked over to Sarah Richards, the bullying, stuck up bitch who cause all of this, and slapped her across the face.

"You!" I yelled at her. "You caused all of this. Abby is dead! She killed herself because of you! I hope you're happy!"

If only I remembered she knew karate.

**************************************************************

I sat in the awkward leather chair of the principal's office, drumming my fingers on the large desk in front of me. Principal Harris had just called my house phone, and I was praying the my dad didn't answer. My stomach tensed up when he hung up the phone.

"Someone named Liam Payne said he was your guardian, and he'll be coming to pick you up. You're suspended for a week. Such acts will not be accepted at my school."

I rolled my eyes when he couldn't see me and left to get all of my classwork and homework for the week. I grabbed everything from my teachers, and my locker, and waited in the main hallway for Liam. God bless that boy. If Liam was here, it meant all the boys were here. Hallelujah! When he arrived, I threw my arms around him, thanking him a million times over.

"It's no problem, Taylor," he said with a chuckle.

We walked out of the school. I took my car home, while Liam sat in the passenger side, having taken the bus here.

"So, why exactly did you have to slap someone in the face?" he asked, his fatherly side sticking out like a sore thumb now.

"That 'someone'...she made my best friend...she made Abby commit suicide," I replied, my voice shaking.

The tears started to flow freely down my face once more, and thankfully we were back at my home.

"Oh," he said solemnly. "Sorry about that."

I shrugged and wiped away the tears as he pulled me in for a hug. We walked into my now unlocked, full of life house. The four other boys hopped on top of me.

"Hey!" I yelled at the bottom of a dog pile, chuckling, "one at a time, boys."

Harry helped me up and gave me an enormous hug. "How's my favorite cousin?" he said cheekily.

"Feeling like a badass," I replied with a chuckle, telling them all how exactly I was suspended. "But, a sad one."

I told the boys about Abby quickly, and they apologized. I tried to shake it off, but I couldn't. It was too much to handle.

Next, Niall wrapped his arms around me, and gave me a Horan hug. Although I had a boyfriend, Niall always made butterflies multiply in my stomach. He made me feel how Andrew, my boyfriend, never did. He made me feel...love.

"How you doing?" he said, his loud Irish voice ringing through the house.

"Arlight, you?" I lied.

"Not too bad."

I was then passed onto Louis and Zayn, and threw my week of schoolwork into my room. The boys decided we would watch a movie. I sat cross legged between Harry and Liam, and Niall was sitting at my feet on the floor. I heard my phone buzzing on the clear coffee table, and picked it up. A text from Andrew. He was coming over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys enjoy this story! Please, please comment, recommend and subscribe if you like it.