Cap and Fire Fox Walk into a Department Store...

...When Cap and Fire Fox Walk Through the Door...

Keller and Steve hurried off the Quinjet on the way to Jersey, Gabby tucked in between them protectively. Steve swung the girl into his arms as Keller walked over to the child's clothing section, pulling four outfits off the rack. She threw them down on the counter. The startled attendant stared at them. She blinked as her eyes roamed their clothes. The little girl had singe marks on her pink dress. The older girl had cut marks on her skin and through her clothing. The man with the star on his chest was bleeding from a wound on his side.

All three looked like they had come out of a war zone.

"Ring these up, please." Keller demanded. Steve threw a credit card on the counter. "Hurry."

"Sure thing." The cashier was breathless. In shock maybe. Gabby started laughing at the look on the woman's face, the the looks on Steve and Keller's faces. Little sparks of flame came to life around the purplish redhead. She rose her eyebrows at the stalling the cashier was doing.

"You wanna do that hurrying thing we talked about?" Keller questioned. Steve put a hand on her arm, juggling the toddler in the other.

"Calm down, Keller," He whispered. She sighed and crossed her arms. Steve smiled a charming smile at the woman and nodded to the clothes. "I'm sorry. We really are in a hurry....If you don't mind?"

"Right!" The woman jumped to do Steve's bidding. "Here you are! Just sign here and you can be on your way!"

Keller took the bags and the child as Steve signed the receipt under a S.H.I.E.L.D. Alias. She took his hand after and pulled him out of the store. The little girl waved over Keller's shoulder.

After five minutes of silence, the cashier turned on the TV. It was on some crappy news station, showing the destruction of New York. She made to change it when a flash of pink, purple and blue caught her eye. The three that had just left the store had been in New York less then half an hour ago, with the rest of the team called Avengers.

Stunned silence was the woman's response. Then-

"HOLY CRAP!"