Status: Please check out my new story, "Sasha."

What Happened to You, Me, and Us?

Pain

"FUCK! It's Matt. What the fuck?" Zack smacked his tattooed hand across his face and huffed.

"What should we do?"

Zack jumped out of bed and threw some sweat pants on. He raised his hands in the air before placing them on his hips.

"I'm going to go downstairs and talk to that fucking hypocritical asshole."

Before I could jump up and grab his arm, he had already made his way down the stairs. I threw on a pair of his boxers and one of his t-shirts. I ran down the stairs and the look on Matt's face was more stale than a weeks aged bread.

"Should've fucking known that you'd come here." Matt whispered under his breath but it was caught by Zack.

"Say that a little louder, Matt." Zack was turning a light shade of red from anger. "Say that fucking louder."

"I just need to talk to you." Matt looked nervously at his brother. I could tell he instantly regretted coming over.

"Well, Lauren can stay. She is as much involved with everything as we are."

I motioned everyone to sit down. I figured it would help lower the intimidation factor if we all sat down, eye level. Zack and I sat on his black, leather sofa while Matt on a wooden, chair he pulled up, opposite of us.

"What are you here for, Matt?" Zack was rubbing his knuckles into a blood red.

"I slept with Gena."

"I fucking know. You're lucky I don't fucking kill you." I placed my hands on top of Zack's to calm him down. Matt saw the gesture and glared at our hands with envy.

"You two make me sick. You never wanted to actually be with me. I was just a trap to get back at him for leaving you." Matt was looking directly at me.

"Not only did you date me, you cheated on me, fucked your brother's current lady AND our dead friend's ex-wife. You fucking make me sick."

Matt stood up as if he were going to leave but Zack rose up to stop him.

"Where the FUCK do you think you are going?"

"I'm fucking leaving, man. This was a waste of time coming over here. You two enjoy your shitty lives together. I'm sure you'll be texting me soon, Lo." Matt smirked at me.

"You don't fucking talk to her. You fucking talk to me!"

At this point, Zack was in Matt's face. His words spit out like venom.

"Or what, big brother? Or what?" Matt lifted his fingers and slightly pushed Zack, by the chest, away.

"Matt, you need to leave."

"OR. WHAT?" His arms folded as he stared at Zack. "You fucking know the truth. You know who she'll come back to."

I felt rage surge through my fist and I attacked. I had clawed all over Matt's smooth, milky face until he pushed me off. He lifted his shirt to wipe the blood off of his face.

"Fucking bitch."

I ran to lounge at him again but my arms were grabbed by Zack.

"Matt, go home."

"Fuck that. I want to talk to you." He poked Zack in the chest with his index finger.

"I'll kill you." He was looking so hard into Matt's eyes, that even I felt intimidated.

It's like this whole twisted web of drama had bought out the psycho in Matt. He had never had a temper in earlier years. It was always Zack that was ready to fight. It all showed me how unstable Matt.

Matt poked Zack in the chest again. And then the two brothers began to fight. I couldn't stop screaming and crying for them to stop. Zack's build was bigger than Matt's frail frame. His punches continued to grow hard and with more force.

"Stop! Stop!" I could hear a bloodied, Matt on the floor, pleading for mercy.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" I kept screaming and trying to pull Zack off until he finally stopped. Matt had been completely knocked out unconscious and covered in blood.

Zack's hands were shaking as he fell back to sit on the ground. I ran over to check Matt's pulse.

"Zack, he's out cold." I stared up and Zack as a tear ran down my cheek.

He stood up and sniffled. I stood to kiss him as he just stared blankly at the ground.

"I didn't mean to get that out of control but he's been out of control himself." He looked me in the eyes as my hands cupped his face. "Can you go grab some ice packs from the freezer? I'm going to put him up in the guest room and then clean this mess up down here."

I grabbed as many ice packs as I could and rushed upstairs. Zack was sitting at the edge of the bed trying to clean up some of the blood from his sleeping brother's face.

We placed the ice packs around Matt and then headed back downstairs. I could tell that Zack was still shaking. He was trying to sweep up a broken glass on the floor, and could barely keep the broom steady.

"What do we do now?"

"Take care of him and then never speak to him again." Zack finally got a solid grip on the broom and without eye contact, continued to speak. "Can you do that?"

"Yes... What about Gena?"

"What the fuck about Gena?" His concentration from the glass had now been broken as he looked at me. He didn't shout, he just sounded emotionally drained. "We're going to have to see her until the divorce is final. I'm sure she's still got shit everywhere here."

"Well, then what the fuck about us? What is this? Where is this going?"

He leaned the broom up against the couch. He went into the kitchen and returned with two glasses of whiskey.

"We try to stay sane with each other and pick up the pieces."

He pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead. And for almost an hour, we cuddled on the couch, in silence, with our whiskey. All I could think about, was how I felt entirely unsatisfied with his answer to my question.