Status: Please check out my new story, "Sasha."

What Happened to You, Me, and Us?

Electric Feel.

I sat in Brian's movie room with the whole gang, feeling a bit nervous. As far as my knowledge, Zack had no clue about what had happened with Matt and I. I, so badly wanted to tell him. I needed him. I just wondered if he needed me.

We had just began to watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and I was already 4 glasses of wine deep and gaining liquid courage. The sight of seeing Gena curled up in Zack's arms was making me sick. That should've been me. I should've been wrapped, tightly into those arms and feeling his warm breath, breathe down on me. Not her. I was getting jealous and feeling the need to drink more. Michelle was sitting too far away from me for me to just tap her so I sent her a text asking if she could meet me upstairs in the guest room.

I sat in my guest room and she soon followed. She stood in the doorway with a smirk on her lips.

"You're just jonesin' to talk to him, aren't you?"

"God, Michelle, I hate seeing him. Especially with Gena. I do need to talk to him though but I don't know how we can pull that off without Gena or Bri noticing."

"I'll text him and tell him to act like he's going to go piss. But I'll make sure he's knows to come to the guest room." She winked at me.

"What if we talk too long...Everyone will get suspicious."

"Psh, I'll get everyone drunk. They'll forget the time. And as for Gena, I can handle her. She thinks I'm like her BFF. I got this, girl!"

Michelle blew me a kiss and whipped out her phone. Before I knew it, she had headed down stairs, and I soon heard a set of heavy footsteps headed towards the door. Zack walked in quietly and gently shut the door behind him.

"So Michelle said it was necessary for us to talk..." He sat next to me on the side of the bed and did the thing he did every time he was nervous. Zack had his fingers laced and was rubbing his knuckles with his fingers, making them turn a light shade of red.

"Uh, yeah. I have stuff to tell you."

Tears began to stream down my face. I couldn't help it, I was weak.

"Well, get to telling...I'm all yours."

He gently placed his hand on my thigh and patted it. Oh, how I wish he was mine.

"Matt found out I was lying...He also knew that I had snuck out that night to see you. We're done."

"Done?"

"Yes. Done. Finished. Broken up. He took back my ring."

"Geez, I'm really sorry, Lauren."

"Don't act like this! Like I'm your fucking friend. I'm not your friend and you damn well know that, Zack."

"Then what the fuck are we, Lauren. You didn't seem to mind shutting me down that night on the beach. What's changed?"

"Fuck it. Never mind. Go back down stairs and enjoy the movie with your wife."

"FUCK no! You called me up here for a fucking reason. Now tell me what's going on through your mind."

"I'm scared to."

"Lauren. At one point in time, we shared everything with each other. We explored each others minds and bodies. Talk to me. Fuck Gena, fuck Matt, fuck everyone. This is me and you right now."

Those words pulsated through my veins. He cared.

"I love you. I never stopped."

He looked down and shook his head.

"Don't say shit you can't back up."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Kiss me."

He looked up at me. Those bright, green eyes stared deep into mine.

"I can't. You have a wife."

"Lauren. It's you and me right now. No one else." He had my hands in his.

"Do you still love me?"

"I think about you every second. I do still love you."

"What about your wife?"

"My wife doesn't matter until my wife becomes you."

He slowly leaned in and cupped my cheek with his calloused hand.

"Kiss me. Please."

I leaned in and kissed him. The second our lips met, I felt an electric surge run through my body. This was how it should've been the whole time. He never should've left me.

One of his hands found its way up my shirt and on the outside of my bra. He looked into my eyes, letting me know that his hands wanted to search below the restricting material, and he did. I felt his rough hand gently circle around my breast until one of his fingers found my nipple.

"Zack, you need to stop. This can't go any further, especially here." I was grasping for air from each kiss.

"I love you, Lauren. I don't want to stop. I want to touch you all over."

I gently took his hand from under my shirt. All we needed was for Gena to walk in and freak out.

"We can go further when you aren't married."

"Don't be like that."

"I know what it feels like to be left by you. To have my heart broken by you. And honestly, I wouldn't wish that on any woman, even if I'm jealous of her."

He stood up and headed towards the door.

"I'm going to find a way to stay here with you. This isn't over."

He opened the door and headed down the stairs.

I longed to have his body lay next to mine as we drifted off to sleep. I don't know how he could pull it off. There was no way possible. I got dressed into some yoga pants and a big Sons of Anarchy t-shirt that had belonged to Zack. I had stole it from him when we were together, and never stopped wearing it. I sat down, on the couch, next to Michelle. I wondered if Zack had noticed the shirt.

"Thanks for having me over! I'm going to head home, early. I have to open up at the salon in the morning. Good night, everyone."

Gena kissed Zack and then stood up to put her thin, cardigan on. Michelle shot me a side eye with a smirk.

Maybe falling asleep next to Zack wouldn't be as hard as I thought to pull off.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wonder what's going to happen in the next chapter? ;)

Comment please! I hope you enjoyed reading.

Thanks!