Status: finished!

Aphrodite

deux

She sauntered towards me, her long hair creating a stream of gold behind her as her heels made a solid tap, tap, tap on the ground. A devilish smile placed itself on her dark red lips as she ran her nails along my shoulder blades. A laugh escaped from her as my body shivered against my will.

“Hey there,” she whispered, her hot breath on my ear making my hands shake. She turned and jumped onto the counter in front of me, examining my face as she waited for a reply. I took a deep breath, trying to get a hold of myself.

“Anabel,” I replied coldly, willing my voice not to shake. She clicked her tongue and crossed her legs and I looked down, using everything I had to avoid her doe-like eyes. She chuckled.

“I missed you, Caleb,” she said softly, making me look up and catch her eye before I could stop myself. The room was dark, annoyingly so, but the small amount of light that was shining through the window above us fell on her face in just the right way, making her look so innocent.

I wanted to reach for her; gather her up in my arms and just hold her, never letting her go. But I knew as well as she did that that would never happen, so I turned my eyes again and let out a sigh, stepping away from the spot where she had placed herself.

“You need to go,” I breathed out, the words feeling as unnatural out loud as they did in my mind. She let out a huff, pushing herself so she was standing, and placed her hands on her hips. I glanced over at her and she rolled her eyes.

“Is that what you really want?” she asked, seemingly not convinced. No, that wasn’t what I wanted, I wanted her to stay and I wanted her to want me as much as I wanted her. But my brain took the words my heart was screaming and twisted them into something that sounded more reasonable.

“Yeah, that’s what I really want.”

“Okay then, you’ll never have to see me again,” she yelled, turning on her unnaturally high heel and clicking her way to the door, opening it with a pull and slamming it closed. I felt a weight place itself on my chest, making it almost impossible to breathe, and my legs seemed to forget how to function. My brain was swimming in a pool of confusion and emotion and my heart was pounding. I wanted nothing more than to go back a few minutes, a few hours, a few days, and erase any memories of her.

I wanted to escape from Anabel but she was stuck with me, and I could never let her go.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's a little vague, but hey.
Let me know what you think? (: